OT: Target Red Card Pharmacy Rewards Question

jls886

DIS Veteran
I have searched Target's site but can't find the answer.

When they say that you need to "fill five eligible prescriptions at Target Pharmacy", does that mean five different medication prescriptions or could that be five refills of the same medication prescription? I have a prescription that I refill monthly that I would switch to Target to get the 5% coupon if my refills will count toward the five, but I just don't have enough prescriptions to make it worth it if it has to be five separate medications.

I have searched Target's site but can't find the answer.

When they say that you need to "fill five eligible prescriptions at Target Pharmacy", does that mean five different medication prescriptions or could that be five refills of the same medication prescription? I have a prescription that I refill monthly that I would switch to Target to get the 5% coupon if my refills will count toward the five, but I just don't have enough prescriptions to make it worth it if it has to be five separate medications.

It can be refills of the same medication. If our only have one Rx there and fill it once a month, in 5 months you will earn the coupon.

Believe it or not, even your pet's prescriptions count! I don't take any prescription meds, with the exception of the occasional antibiotic, but I have a dog on long-term prednisone therapy. I added her name to my prescription rewards account and get her monthly medication at Target. And yes, they actually encourage you to do this.

Can you add your child's and spouses prescriptions to your account or do all rx have to be in your name? :confused3

Can you add your child's and spouses prescriptions to your account or do all rx have to be in your name? :confused3

Yes, we get all our family prescriptions at Target and we get at least 1 reward a month. None of us has 5 prescriptions.

It's all tied to my Redcard so as long as I'm the one buying the prescription, I get the credit for it.

I didn't really think of the Pharmacy Rewards as a big incentive when I got my Target debit card, but after a particularly bad winter for sickness for my kids, and with the double-points April, I earned 2 5% bonuses in 5 months. And none of them were refills.

It's all tied to my Redcard so as long as I'm the one buying the prescription, I get the credit for it.

I didn't really think of the Pharmacy Rewards as a big incentive when I got my Target debit card, but after a particularly bad winter for sickness for my kids, and with the double-points April, I earned 2 5% bonuses in 5 months. And none of them were refills.

Do you happen to know if you get more than one 5% reward coupon if they are able to be stacked? Assuming they are valid at the same time.

Do you happen to know if you get more than one 5% reward coupon if they are able to be stacked? Assuming they are valid at the same time.

No, I'm pretty sure you're limited to one 5% reward and the 5% Redcard discount.

Can someone explain this for me. . . so, for every 5 refills I would get a 5% coupon? Does it matter that I have a high deductible plan, deductible met in February so I don't have to pay anything for my scrips (or anything else for that matter) for the rest of the year?

Also, generally my dr writes scrips for three months worth; think I can request that she write than for monthly refills? I take 4 pills a day so this may be worth checking out. Thanks!

Can someone explain this for me. . . so, for every 5 refills I would get a 5% coupon? Does it matter that I have a high deductible plan, deductible met in February so I don't have to pay anything for my scrips (or anything else for that matter) for the rest of the year?

Also, generally my dr writes scrips for three months worth; think I can request that she write than for monthly refills? I take 4 pills a day so this may be worth checking out. Thanks!

Yes, my mom would hit a point in the year where her meds didn't cost anything out of pocket. They still scanned her card and she would get at least 1 5% coupon a month. They are only good for a few weeks and you can only use 1 at a time but they are good for a full day so you can use multiple times in same or different stores or online.

Actually, two Target managers told me that the Pharmacy Rewards CAN be stacked. One of them saw me buying a bunch of Disney gift cards using the Rewards and Red Card discount, and she suggested the idea of stacking Pharmacy Rewards to me. I asked if she was sure they stacked and she said yes, and another manager came by about that time and confirmed it as well. I haven't yet tried it but plan to within the next couple of weeks.

Actually, two Target managers told me that the Pharmacy Rewards CAN be stacked. One of them saw me buying a bunch of Disney gift cards using the Rewards and Red Card discount, and she suggested the idea of stacking Pharmacy Rewards to me. I asked if she was sure they stacked and she said yes, and another manager came by about that time and confirmed it as well. I haven't yet tried it but plan to within the next couple of weeks.

Let us know if it works. That would be great if it did, but it doesn't seem like it would be that great for Target.

I just read the fine print of the Pharmacy Rewards rules and it says "Limit one certificate or promotional code per transaction".

Some more questions about the pharmacy rewards program. After filling your 5th prescription, how long does it take to receive the 5% rewards voucher? Also, how long does the pharmacy voucher last before it expires? Finally, when you use the voucher do they take it from you, or can it be used on multiple transactions before it expires? I thought I remember reading that you can reuse it at multiple Target locations (or perhaps even the same location if you go back through the line)?

Not sure how long it takes to get one once you hit your 5 scripts, however I got on in the mail this week and it expires sometime in July.

It is good for use on one day not just one transaction and you can use it online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter