OT: Seaworld San Antonio

molly2004

DIS Veteran
Hey, there. Just a quick question for you Texans!

We are going to SA for a quick family trip after a family reunion in TX. Is one day enough for Seaworld during Memorial Day week? Or should we devote more time if we at least want to see the Riverwalk too?

Thanks!

It took us a day just to do riverwalk/the alamo.

we walked around san antonio across the street from the alamo. There are so many cute shops and things to see.

For the riverwalk, there is so much to do there, wonderful resturants, boat rides, more cute shops etc.

We also took a day and went to sea world, but we spent close to 2 hours feeding the dolphins lol.

We went last year for a visit. On our first day (travel day) we went straight to the river walk and Alamo. We spent the afternoon there. The Alamo closes pretty early check their website. We had dinner on the riverwalk and then drove to our hotel.

We spent the next day at Seaworld doing the rides and shows. We arrived at opening and left around 4 or 5 pm. The day after that we spent at the waterpark part of Seaworld. It opens a little later than the rest of the park. The water park portion was a favorite with the kids. We had 3 adults and 6 kids ages 2-9.

It will probably be super busy during Memorial Day Week. You will want to get in the parking lot 30 minutes before they open. After lunch the park starts getting super crowded.

Have fun!

I would plan 2 days for SeaWorld if you want to do all the shows, rides, exhibits and the waterpark. Especially on Memorial Day weekend! The rides at SW SA are VERY slow loading!!! You will be in line quite awhile.

You can definately spend the entire day at the Riverwalk/ Alamo. There is quite a bit to do and see and again, it will be crowded.

Have fun!

Honestly, I was disappointed in our SeaWorld. My son and I got to all the major shows, lunch and dinner, a lot of time in Shamu's Family Harbor, and the last 45 minutes in the baby area of the waterpark. You need 2 days to do all of SeaWorld. Bring cash ($5 to buy dolphin food) to feed animals. That was very cool. They confiscate straws. Consider smuggling food in--can't remember their food policy. Their prices are Disney high for food. 1 kid's meal (3 pices of chicken tenders plus fries), 1 kid's drink in Shamu cup, 1 adult regular drink, one taco salad, and one shamu bowl of cookies was a horrifying $26. We really liked the new Viva! show. The acrobats were really neat. My son honestly preferred i over Believe with the "Shamus", and so did I. Pirates in 4D was cute. It kind of startled my son though--but it's nice and cool in there. The waterpark isn't very large, but ok. The lazy river is pretty small. The kids play area is nice and safe and shallow with a really secure area. Even a nice changing area that offers privacy but allows parents to keep an eye on their other kids. Penguin and Reef areas are disappointing--your local zoo could have better. The clydesdales are nice and again the dolphin feeding area.

You could spend days doing the Alamo/ Riverwalk/ Mall/ IMAX/ Mercado/ Mission path. But one day should be plenty to see the Riverwalk/ Alamo/ IMAX/ shopping. In fact you could do it in a half day if you don't want to stroll the Riverwalk. But it's beautiful at night to eat. HTH!

Hmmm,

I guess it would depend on how old you kids are or if you have any. :confused3 If you have little ones 1/2 a day at the Alamo and Riverwalk is plenty. Be forewarned that the Riverwalk is not all that stroller friendly as it is below street level and you need to carry your stroller down stairs unless you go through Rivercenter Mall or one of the hotels. I love the Alamo and could spend hours there but as the above poster said it closes early and kids will not be as excited. The Alamo movie at the IMAX is terrific and just across the street from the Alamo.

We love Seaworld and have annual passes but would not step foot in there on Memorial Weekend. :scared1: There is a new ride opening (I can't wait to ride) named Journey to Atlantis. It is a new water roller coaster and looks great but it's opening may make the park even busier. Our schools also get out on Friday so many families may be there celebrating the beginning of summer. We also never go to the water park the same day as visiting the rest of the park so if that is important you will need 2 days. They should have a great fireworks show for Memorial Day which is always great. I didn't find the prices too bad there for food although we do have refillable cups. The kids meals come in really cute hard plastic shamus which we use at home.

The weather is not suppose to be too hot this weekend so I hope you have a great time!!!! :cool1:

Enjoy your visit to our great city,:yay:

K in SA

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1450454

Journey to Atlantis is open. The above thread has some pics and a description of the ride.

We are also AP holders and will not go this coming weekend. We also do not go to the waterpark the same day as the rest of the park. We love SW SA and the food prices are typical of what you will find in any park. No straws are allowed but you can bring food in. If you want to do all the shows and rides, it is all day. If you have little ones they can spend over an hour in Happy Harbor alone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter