• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OT? Romantic book suggestions

Besides Lisa Kleypas (and the other two authors one of the PP mentioned with Ms. Kleypas)

Johanna Lindsey
Janye Ann Krentz (who writes as Amanda Quick for historical and Jayne Castle for future)
Julia Quinn
Jude Deveraux
Debbie Macomber
Lisa Howard

My favorite romance was the Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon. Jamie and Claire..........sigh, everybody deserves a love like that!!! It can be a little dark though (violent), just so you know.
I second the Outlander series!!! Jaime is a true gentleman and Claire is NOT the typical, fragile, damsel in distress.
OMG, the outlander series were the best read I have had in years, along with the twilight series of course.

YES YES YES!!!! LOVE this series! I am listening to it on audio now.

I'm usually more of a paranormal romance junkie so I'll add my faves:

Black Dagger Brotherhood sereis by JR Ward - After these vampires you will find yourself saying Edward who?

I will second Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark sereis and Nalini Singh's Psy Changeling sereis.

If you like historical romance, I love Sarah MacLean. She is new, very popular, and fun. I love her books, and everyone I've given them to loves them too (mom, friends, coworkers). Full disclosure: she is a former student of mine. I always knew she'd do well!

I will also second the outlander series. Love Jaime and Claire , can't wait for book 8.

In paranormal, Kresley Cole is awesome, so is JR ward's Black dagger brotherhood. I also like Jeaniene frost.

I also like Julia Quinn, Lisa Kleypas and Mary Jo Putney

Lots of great romance authors out there

Robyn Carr is one of my favorite authors! Love her Virgin River series.

Sheryl Woods has some great books also.

Been a few years since I read in that genre but I remember enjoying the "Louisiana Gentleman" series by Jennifer Blake.

With historical romance I usually read Joanna Lindsey, Kathleen Woodiwiss or Julie Garwood.

i was going suggest the same. I'm not sure of the writer as it's been forever but Ashes in the Wind, and The Wolf and the Dove are two of my favorites.

I have not seen Susan Wiggs mentioned yet.. Also, I loved Sara Donati's "Wilderness Series" This is another bunch that you have to read in order. Love em!:hippie:

Black Dagger Brotherhood sereis by JR Ward - After these vampires you will find yourself saying Edward who?

I will second Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark sereis and Nalini Singh's Psy Changeling sereis.

Reading the Black Dagger Brotherhood right now. :)

Along those lines, if that's a genre you're into, OP, is Charlaine Harris, Laurel K. Hamilton & Sherrilyn Kenyon.

If you like Historical time travel romance you need to look into Lynn Kurland

A Dance Through Time
Stardust of Yesterday are MUST reads!!! Seriously!

Love Lisa Kleypas,

The old timers are Julie Garwood, Jude Deveraux, Amanda Quick, Teresa Mederos(sp), Christina Skye is great too if you like Paranormal stories.
Her newer ones are modern day.

Sherilyn Kenyon is HOT! Watch out! ahah...no one warned me and yikes! lol

Outlander is a wonderful series although I couldn't get through the last 2 books.
I think I'll wait until she is done.

Can't go wrong with Nora Roberts. Also by her--JD Robb books.
Stephanie Laurens, Julia Quinn are awesom.

Check out your local used bookstore. Will save u tons of $$ when tyring to find a new author. :thumbsup2

I highly recommend "The Three Fates" by Nora Roberts and "Bet Me" by Jennifer Crusie.

I am a big fan of both authors, these just happen to be my personal favorites. I can reread these particular novels over and over again and never get tired of them.

If you want to go really old school, I would recommend "The Moonspinners" by Mary Stewart. Or, any of the books in her Merlin trilogy -- "The Crystal Cave", "The Hollow Hills" and "The Last Enchantment."

If you like fantasy romance, Mercedes Lackey has two great series: Tales of the 500 Kingdoms (traditional fairy tales with twists and turns) and Wizards of London (magic/post-Victorian England setting.)

Just got an email that Godiva is giving away free copies of Nicholas Sparks' The Lucky One with a $25 purchase until February 14th.

My favorite romance was the Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon. Jamie and Claire..........sigh, everybody deserves a love like that!!! It can be a little dark though (violent), just so you know.

I second the Outlander series!!! Jaime is a true gentleman and Claire is NOT the typical, fragile, damsel in distress.

I will also second the outlander series. Love Jaime and Claire , can't wait for book 8.

In paranormal, Kresley Cole is awesome, so is JR ward's Black dagger brotherhood. I also like Jeaniene frost.

I also like Julia Quinn, Lisa Kleypas and Mary Jo Putney

Lots of great romance authors out there

Betcha can guess where I'm going with this one - I :love: diana gabaldon! I used to have a set that I loaned out to people, becauase that's what someone did for me, but unfortunately I never got back my set. :(

I also like Nora Roberts, and some others that have all been named already.

IJennifer Crusie--they are fun easy reads. Love Agnes and the Hitman!

Agnes and the Hitman is one of my favorite books! It made me laugh out loud so hard my DH kept asking what was so funny. Most people I know have never even heard of it.

I really enjoy Janet Evanovich too.

Have you read JR Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series?? I think they're better (ok, hotter... :rolleyes1) than Sherilyn Kenyon's stuff.

Have you read Kresley Cole's IAD series? I think they're hottest :). JRW has some good scenes, but her books have turned so UF that those scenes are few and far between in between reading about all the newbies, so I gave up on her. I couldn't get into Sherrilyn Kenyon's books at all (and I gave it my best shot - reading the entire Dark Hunter series all the way up to Acheron, but none were keepers for me). Kresley Cole's newest book just came out today - I got it yesterday at 6:00 pm and was up until 4:00 am reading it - I just can't put her books down!

I'm not sure of the writer as it's been forever but Ashes in the Wind, and The Wolf and the Dove are two of my favorites.

Both of these are Kathleen E Woodiwiss. Ashes in the Wind is my favorite by her, but they are all good historical romance. Sadly she passed away a couple years ago, so nothing new, but all of her older published work is worth a read.

I particularly like regency historical romances. I really enjoy when an author continues on character relationships throughout a book series.

I love Stephanie Laurens. All of her books from the Cynster series to the Bastion Club to the Black Cobra series tie characters together. These generally have a bit of mystery or intrigue.

Another favorite is Julia Quinn. Many of her books revolve around the Bridgerton family or people they know. Hers tend to have some humor thrown in (the Smythe-Smith musicals, Lady Whistledown, etc).

You mentioned Twilight, if you like contemporary vampire romance then I would suggest Lynsay Sands. She has a series of books that follow the Argeneau family. The "vampires" have a different and interesting background/reason they came to exist.

Others I will read include Candace Camp, Mary Balogh, Victoria Alexander, Suzanne Enoch, Tracy Ann Warren, Christina Dodd, Eloise James, Sabrina Jeffries, Elizabeth Boyle, Karen Ranney, Julia London, Lynn Kurland, Nicole Jordan, Liz Carlyle and many more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter