• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OT: Prayers Needed

xoprincessmomxo

<font color=deeppink>Making Papa Nick stew...<font
The Dis has such caring people on it that I thought you might be willing to give a few minutes of prayer to a family in my tiny town here in Iowa. Yesterday, a little 9 year old boy from our town fell into the river while on a walk with his mother south of town. Kevin is autistic and cannot swim nor speak. Rescuers were unable to pull him safely from the river with all of the dirt and debris from the flooding around here. They are resuming there search for him this morning and as of now he has still not been located. My heart is breaking for this family. We are a small knit community, everyone knows everyone. His mother has been through a lot these past years. Not only is Kevin autistic, but so is his brother. I know that she would appreciate any and all prayers. It is just devastating. They were just playing at the park a few days ago when I was there with my girls. I am hoping for a miracle...Thank you everyone.

Things are pretty tough here in Iowa right now. My DD just lost 2 classmates when a tree fell on their car from a hurricane like storm we had. Boy do we need a break. Sure hope they find that boy. Thanks for letting us know about him.:hug:

The Dis has such caring people on it that I thought you might be willing to give a few minutes of prayer to a family in my tiny town here in Iowa. Yesterday, a little 9 year old boy from our town fell into the river while on a walk with his mother south of town. Kevin is autistic and cannot swim nor speak. Rescuers were unable to pull him safely from the river with all of the dirt and debris from the flooding around here. They are resuming there search for him this morning and as of now he has still not been located. My heart is breaking for this family. We are a small knit community, everyone knows everyone. His mother has been through a lot these past years. Not only is Kevin autistic, but so is his brother. I know that she would appreciate any and all prayers. It is just devastating. They were just playing at the park a few days ago when I was there with my girls. I am hoping for a miracle...Thank you everyone.

Saying a prayer right now, lost my brother last year & have watched my Mother go to hell & back so many times hate the thought that your friend might be one of those mothers :sad1:

Things are pretty tough here in Iowa right now. My DD just lost 2 classmates when a tree fell on their car from a hurricane like storm we had. Boy do we need a break. Sure hope they find that boy. Thanks for letting us know about him.:hug:

Oh, that was horrible! I felt so awful for everyone in your town when that happened. What a horrible accident! This has been such a terrible summer. They are still looking for this afternoon. They are still calling it a rescue attempt, but I have my doubts. They have all of his teachers spread out among the groups, with the thought that if he is found alive it will be less traumatic for him if he sees someone he knows. They said that his mom jumped in after him, but couldn't get to him in the fast moving current. It's awful. Everyone around here knows this family. There are cars parked and people all over down at the river. There are also planes flying around trying to search from the air. My dd 6 keeps asking about the planes and I don't have the heart to tell her what they are actually doing...

Praying here too!!

Please keep us posted.

Kim

Thank you, everyone, for your prayers. Unfortunately, as of right now they still haven't found him. They've called off the air searches and have changed the focus from a rescue to a recovery mission. It is just very surreal. I just hope that they find something to give Sonya and Curt some closure to this tragedy.

Oh, that was horrible! I felt so awful for everyone in your town when that happened. What a horrible accident! This has been such a terrible summer. They are still looking for this afternoon. They are still calling it a rescue attempt, but I have my doubts. They have all of his teachers spread out among the groups, with the thought that if he is found alive it will be less traumatic for him if he sees someone he knows. They said that his mom jumped in after him, but couldn't get to him in the fast moving current. It's awful. Everyone around here knows this family. There are cars parked and people all over down at the river. There are also planes flying around trying to search from the air. My dd 6 keeps asking about the planes and I don't have the heart to tell her what they are actually doing...

They had a small story about this in this mornings paper. I hope too that they can find him for his parents sake. What an awful thing for them to have to go through.

Sending prayers from my family to this family and to the entire town. :flower3: We live one block from the river and my worst fear is something of this nature to happen. :scared: Lots of hugs to all! :grouphug:

Just wanted to update. They did find Kevin's little body yesterday afternoon in the river. Thanks again for keeping this family in your thoughts and prayers. I am glad that they will now have some closure on this. It really breaks my heart for them all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter