• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OT: OTTAWA help please !

disneyred

DIS Veteran
Can anyone recommend a nice hotel for kids ...?? we are planning a trip with another family and do not know Ottawa that well (unfortunately). The both family have kids under age 16 ..hoping for an indoor pool..(not a must)..
walking distance to outdoor skating downtown..
so I assume somewhere in the downtown area ??
any tips welcome !! and of course hoping for a good deal /coupon code somewhere !

many thanks !

Depending on the number in both families, you might find this hotel to your liking. I've stayed there during a girls get a way weekend and it was beautiful! Because it's a suite you can save money on meals by preparing your own in the kitchen and depending on how many children are in your group, you may be able to share a 2 bedroom suite and split the costs! It is within very easy walking distance to the rideau canal, the national arts centre, the rideau centre shopping mall, the "market" - a wonderful eating/shopping/ walking area. When were you planning on going? Be aware however, that the ice on the canal has only this past week, been firm enough to skate on and likely won't last past the end of February so keep that in mind when planning your trip. Warning though - as Canada's capital cityyou won't find rates like in some American cities - probably you'd be lucky to find something a 10 minute drive away from downtown for $100/night!::laundy:

thanks for the info.. will do some websearch and get more info on this place!
i need all the help I can get !!

I second Le Suites. You may also check out the Minto Suites. Same general area and price. There are also other suite hotels around these but can't think of the names. Google, Ottawa hotels.

Stayed at Cartier Place Suite Hotel this past summer. It was wondeful. A bedroom with two beds, living room with one of those couches that turns into a bed, dining room table, small kitchen, good sized bathroom. It was roomy. And had a nice balcony.
It wasn't far from anything. We easily walked to Parliament Hill, the Rideau Center, the Canal and several other places.

The Travelodge Ottawa Hotel and Conference Centre has an indoor waterpark. Friends stayed there last year and enjoyed it. My preference would be for the Delta Ottawa. They have a smallish waterslide and is downtown so you're closer to major attractions.

There is a Comfort in right on the edge of the market area and within walking distance of the canal.

I stay at the Hampton Inn out by St Laurent Shopping Mall. Big rooms with fridge/microwave, nice pool and hot tub and breakfast. goes for about 150 a night.

DH just let me know that the Chateau Laurier is having their usual winter promo. Considering the hotel is right on the canal, and within walking distance to both the market and Elgin Street... it may be an option.
Go to the Fairmont.com website and look for their winter package options.

Another place people often forget is the Lord Elgin, which has been completely cleaned up. Go to http://www.lordelginhotel.ca/ for pricing and promotions. Some decent options for $99-$139 at the moment!

Les Suites is your best bet and the Hampton Inn is nice as well. Have a great time. When are you going?? Are you doing any of the tourist things?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter