• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OT: Night lights

barnaby1

Mouseketeer
My dd (nearly 2.5) has alwyas been a good sleeper, happy to go to bed etc until about 4 months ago. We took a trip to visit my family in Australia and since we have returned she is waking up at least once in the night. She has also moved out of her cot since our return so when she wakes up now of course she can come and tell us about it. She appears to suddenly be unhappy about being in the dark and we have been through the wanting to be in our bed stage (and cured that!!) but I have been thinking about whether a nightlight (one that goes off on a timer) would be a good idea. I like the Mobi TykeLight Buddy.
I am worried that it may make her too dependant on it, currently she is not terrified of the dark just comments on wanting the hallway light on etc which I only leave on while she first goes off to sleep, not in the night.
She is toilet trained for day time and is waking up dry most nights (or waking up and asking to use the toilet) so I am looking to stop the nightime nappies soon and wonder if a nightlight would help her go potty on her own if she needed to.
I have never been a fan of nightlights but would appreciate peoples views / experiences with using nightlights for children and whether they are helpful or create more problems than they solve.

My dd11 still has a night light in her room. Her night light has fiber optic strands that change color throughout the night. It isn't very bright but it makes her feel better having it. I also think the changing colors help her fall asleep better.

If a night light helps her sleep than absolutely I would get one!:goodvibes

DS9 has always liked it pitch dark and even then he puts his head under his covers.
DD5 sleeps with a night light. She is much more fearless than her brother when it comes to most situations. She just doesn't like sleeping in the pitch dark.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter