OT-Need support Passport not here!

atisikitabasket

Mom Always Said I was a Little Off
Ok I am supposed to leave next Thursday for Jamaica for my sisters wedding. I applied for my passport 15 weeks ago and it still hasn't come everyone else in my family got their's but me. I called them last week they said they would expedite it to be completed which would take 3 days then they would overnight it to me and I was supposed to get it at the latest today. Well I just got off the phone with them again and my passport still ins't completed and hasn't been mailed. with Monday being a holiday I only have 5 days of mail for it to come in and I am physically getting sick. I think I have my first ulcer. :guilty:

I am doing the photo's, her hair and makeup.

Please keep your fingers crossed for me.

You all are the greatest!!!

OMG! This just happened to a friend of mine TWO WEEKS AGO!!! And believe it or not, she was going to Jamaica!!! She freaked out on the passport office and she got her passport TWO DAYS before she left!!!!

Good luck to you!!

My friend is leaving Friday for France and her husband's renewed passport is still not here. She called and they keep saying it SHOULD be here by Friday but if not, there is nothing they can do. It was a renewal, so he sent his expiring passport plus fees and pictures and all to them in March (of course, even though she told him to pay for expedited service, he didn't, convinced it would be here). Now it's not here and he can't do anything but make her crazy.

She might be waving from the plane when she leaves with her 2 children...she's also attending a wedding. Let's all hope all the missing passports show up in time.

I figured since I took it 16 weeks before I was leaving I didn't need to expedite it. Boy was I wrong! They keep saying that it is taking 8-10 weeks to get it now used to be shorter but with the new laws they have been busy which I understand but 15 weeks is a long time. I sure hope he doesn't miss his trip to France. I haven't told my sister yet she is stressing about enough stuff right now.

When I got my kids', I did it in October and had them in about 4 weeks. Sent mine in about 10 days before Christmas and had it in 6 weeks. DH sent his in March and it's still not here. Good thing we're not going anywhere, but my friend is going insane with this.

fingers crossed. I'd call tomorrow and make someone complete it and mail it express. If you don't like the answer you get request a supervisor. Squeaky wheel gets the oil.

My friend is leaving Friday for France and her husband's renewed passport is still not here. She called and they keep saying it SHOULD be here by Friday but if not, there is nothing they can do. It was a renewal, so he sent his expiring passport plus fees and pictures and all to them in March (of course, even though she told him to pay for expedited service, he didn't, convinced it would be here). Now it's not here and he can't do anything but make her crazy.

She might be waving from the plane when she leaves with her 2 children...she's also attending a wedding. Let's all hope all the missing passports show up in time.

Also, a renewal shouldn't take as long as getting a new one. I did my renewal mid Jan and I didn't get mine until sometime is May. Although I should have gotten mine in Feb according to them. Everytime, I checked the site, they kept moving my date of when I would get it!!

Crazy! Glad I don't have to go anywhere! There was an article recently on how a lot of people lost money because they couldn't go on their flight because their passports didn't arrive on time!

Call your congressman or woman. They have been helping many people get their passports through the system. Also if you live near a processing center go in person. You will get it that day. Call first for an appt. Good Luck!!!!

Another vote for calling your Congressional representative or Senator. Hearing from them usually motivates the passport service like nothing else.

If you are near a regional Passport office, go there in person and you can get it that day.

Maggie

I called the Senator's office the person that handles passport stuff is off today they took my info and said to call back tomorrow and they will give me an update. So you can go and pick one up is mine probably in St. Louis since I am from Missouri I don't mind driving and picking it up. Should I call the same 800# to see if I can do this?

Here is the information:

If you are leaving, or you need your passport for a foreign visa, within 14 days and need to make an appointment at a Regional Passport Agency: Automated lines to make appointments are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The best time to call is between 8:30 p.m. and 9 a.m., Eastern Time.

Telephone Number: 1-877-4USA-PPT (1-877-487-2778)

Although it looks like Chicago is the closest!

So you can go and pick one up is mine probably in St. Louis since I am from Missouri I don't mind driving and picking it up. Should I call the same 800# to see if I can do this?

There is no passport processing center in St. Louis. IME, passports for residents of Missouri usually get processed out of the New Orleans or Denver processing centers, even though the Chicago office is actually closer.

This page has the complete list of the offices throughout the US: http://travel.state.gov/passport/about/agencies/agencies_913.html

Denver or New Orleans Great! I don't think i can make it to either of them. Go figure. I guess I will call the Senators office tomorrow and see what they found out.

Thanks for you help everyone!!!

My son was to leave for London last Saturday. The Monday before, he had still not received his passport after 12 weeks. Calling the passport agency was a waste of time as they told him there was nothing they could do. Here was told he could make an appointment and go to the SF office but no appts were available.

On Monday afternoon, he called our state senator. On Tuesday, due to the senator's office intervention, he had his passport. Call them!!

Ok just got a call from my Senator's office and they got my passport pulled and it is being Fed Ex tonight and I should get it tomorrow!!!!

If anyone is waiting on there's call your Senator's office and they will get the ball rolling!:banana: :banana:

Politician's - I guess I have to give them a little credit now. ha-ha:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter