OT - need some advice please!

1outof5fans

Earning My Ears
My DD (12) has gone through a tremendous growth spurt - honestly she grew about 5 inches in the laat four months! She is now taller than me at 5'4" (npt that I'm any giant). She also has put on weight along with the growth. Anyway, she has unfortunately developed what I think are stretch marks on her inner thighs. :confused3

I did some research and they can be caused by growth (height and weight) My problem is what to do about them.

Are there any remedies (either homemade or store bought) that can lesssen or remove them? I hate the thought of her always having to make sure her legs are covered - at least they are on the inside of her thighs and not that large, but still.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!

I did the same think at 13 - I put on 3 inches and 15 pounds in just a few months and ended up with terrible stretch marks on my hips and inner thighs.

Nothing, can be done about them, but they will get lighter and less visible in time. Mine were not really visible at all after a couple of years.

I had my son at 30 and did not get one single new stretch mark due to pregnancy. Yay!

If I was as concerned as you, I'd take my daughter to the dermatologist and ask what they recommend.

The first thing I'd do is nothing. She's only twelve years old. Stretch marks are natural and a part of life. Those women you see in magazines have been airbrushed...If your daughter ends up with a large chest, she'll get stretch marks there too. If you're not careful, she will end up with a huge complex.

Yeah, most of us women will end up with stretch marks one way or another.

My SIL got them when she developed as a teenager on her b**bs, I got them on my b**bs when I was nursing and they went from a small b to a DD!

Mine have faded to nearly unnoticeable, I know friends who've used laser therapy on their stretch marks on their stomachs.

It's just part of growing up for a lot of us, no biggie.

It's just part of growing, and they lessen considerably in time.

I definitely wouldn't be rushing out to a dermatologist at this point, partly on the self-esteem issue and partly b/c she's nowhere near done growing yet. She's only 12 - I would imagine she's going to need another 4 yrs to reach her full size, maybe longer. I think my bro continued to gain height until he was around 21 or 22 yo (he's 6'5").

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter