• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OT - Need original baby boy name...

I like different names. I have a normal name, different spelling. You also have to spell are last name all the time. So I thought what did it hurt to have to spell the first name too. lol

My DD5 is Ellarie RuthAnn

DD3 is Araeyah (uh-ray-yuh) Noel

DS 18mos is Attikus James (A.J)

Attikus came from the book "To Kill a Mockingbird" (Atticus Finch)

DD was going to be Jameson if she had been a boy. I told DH that since I didn't get a Junior he didn't either so we settled on a variation of his name. He'd have his own brand of whiskey too. :drinking1

Another vote for Julian!

We went with "Julian David" with the idea that if "Julian" was a problem he could choose to go by "JD", but there's no need since it fits him perfectly and as he tells me "rhymes with Droolian!" (4 yo humor :))

I dreaded the first day of school

Oh, my word, that was me as a child:rotfl:. My father's side of the family is German and the name was always mispronounced. Its mispronunciation led to some mean nicknames, kids are so cruel:mad:

I kept my exDH's name after our divorce...Partly to have the same last name as my son, but I must admit it is nice to have a surname that is easily pronounced.

here are a few names from kids at our school

Tristan, Theron, Elijiah, Isiah, Elio, Kellen, Keagan, Gustavo, Justin, Garrett, Ryan, Milo

I too would look at the Social Security list of names. We nixed one of our favorites b/c it was a top 10 name, even though i had liked it for years.

Surprised to see Theron in use! That's my HS BFF's name. My DH thought he had a cool name, but wasn't about to use it, LOL!

My little guy is Declan. I love the name, but hardly anyone knows how to pronounce it. He's only 2 now, but I know I will be apologizing to him down the road when he is dreading the first day of school because his name will be misprounced.:worship:
We don't personally know any other Declan's, but people always tell us when they know another Declan. So they are out there.

Tristan
Tate
Sheldon
Spencer
Shea (also used for girls, but for boys, short for Seamus)
Brady
Deacon

I'm hoping you all can help me. I need a baby boy name that is unusual or original, but not too far out there. I love names like Ian and Aiden, but they are way too popular right now. I'd like something different, but not super popular. Can anyone offer suggestions?

Thank you!

How about Brayden...nicknames are Bray or Brady
Spencer
Parker
Heathcliff...Heath
Gaston
Brooks
Preston
Harlan
Payne
Cooper
Mason

My family is Scandinavian, and my son's name is Soren. It's interesting and unique (but not so unique that you can't pronounce it...).

You're lucky! I love the name Soren. However, we've got one of those impossible-to-spell German surnames, and we thought that might make it a little "much." I'm also very fond of Ruslan (it's Russian), but we nixed it for the same reason.

We ended up going with a no-questions-asked normal name for DS, so he wouldn't always have to spell BOTH names. There are a lot more of them out there than I imagined. It still suits him though, so I don't regret it.

Some other names on our list that you might be interested in:
-- Owen
-- Brendan
-- Mitchell (don't think I've seen that one mentioned yet... and I think Mitchell or Mitch is so cute.)

Irish (or Irish sounding) names are popular around here. Here are the names of some of DS's friends:
-- Keegan
-- Carrigan (Keegan and Carrigan are brothers)
-- Caden
-- Cullen (Caden and Cullen are brothers)
-- Kian

My DD7 has a Kendrick, Marcus and a Keaton in her class. I always loved the name Ian.

I was named after Laura Ingels Wilder. Kids of course teased because Little House on the prairie was on TV when I was gowning up and we lived in MN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNdisneymom
My family is Scandinavian, and my son's name is Soren. It's interesting and unique (but not so unique that you can't pronounce it...).

You are right there can be a lot of Scandinavian names in MN. I graduated with a Rikke and her brother was an Olav. BTW love the name Soren.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter