OT-need 25th anniversary destination

Belle5

DIS Veteran
Need a year or so to plan. Our 25th is in mid-February 2010. Here is the problem; we are not the world-traveler type of couple. We went to WDW for our honeymoon and have taken the kids back around 24 times. We still have two little guys at home and are not interested in leaving them to travel anywhere too far away. Really, we are only interested in a destination that is warm (in February). Any ideas?

I don't know the actual temp in New Mexico and Arizona but I know there are some great places to visit. It is warmer than here. I never thought about taking my DD to Vegas, but after spending a weekend there a few years ago, it can be a family spot. There are alot of shows and interesting sites.

We also went to Disney on our honeymoon and last year went back on the deluxe (premium) package for our 25th Anniversary staying at the Poly.

It was great being able to do anything we wanted and eat where ever we liked, including room service and not have to worry about a thing. This was a big difference from our budget honeymoon :)

DH and I went to San Diego a few years ago, alone. Loved being there! It would also be a great family destination, and somewhere I 'd like to take my kids one day.

We just did a Disney Cruise for our 25th. You would probably find a good rate for February -- even if you just took a 3 or a 4 day, the crew was wonderful about celebrating with us.

Punta Caina(sp?) is supoosed to be a new spot. Marco Island, Sanibel Island or Naples FL.

Kae

If you have enough time, Hawaii was fantastic with the kids. If we didn't have to deal with the long, expensive flight we would go there more then Disney I think.
Donna

Ok, I'm thinking you will think this is too far but Australia is nice and warm in February:thumbsup2

Cheers Trish (aussie)

I would suggest a cruise! I have only taken a Carnival Cruise and it was Great!! My brother went on a RC cruise and went with us on our CC he thought the Carnival cruise was better! On a cruise you only have to worrie about the extras you want. I suggest booking everything yourself!!

My DH and I just spent our 20th at Disney (by ourselves) and had a blast.

I would have to say DCL is the way to go.....if you love Disney you will really be excited about the cruise.

OP here--just to clarify...we are not taking our younger children with us--just don't want to be too far away from them (like overseas). A couple of the responses sounded as if there was confusion about that. There have been some good ideas--keep them coming! BTW--cruises are not an option for us.

I know several people who have gone to the Domincan Republic. It's afforable, and you can get home pretty quickly if necessary. :)

My friends have family in Arizona and visit each year. They love going, it's warm, and it's a good central location for trips. They went to Las Vegas one year, the Grand Canyon another, and this year I think they are going to go to Disneyland. They spend a few days with family, then the whole family goes somewhere together. If you just wanted to go to Disneyland or Vegas, then going to AZ first doesn't make sense. :)

OP, you're in Texas? Isn't that warm in February? :)

Here's another vote for San Diego, but it won't be really warm in February. I was there a couple of years ago the 2nd week in March and it was about 65° with a strong wind off the water.

Since a cruise is out how about the Mexican Rivieria. We've stayed in several of the Iberostar all inclusive resorts and they're nice.

A CRUISE!! Try Royal Caribbean. One of their mid size ships - Brillance, Jewel, Radiance or Serenade of the Seas would be excellent for a 25th Anniversary.

OP, you're in Texas? Isn't that warm in February? :)

For you (in Maine) it might seem warm.;) I know each year for our Valentine's Anniversary dinner I usually have to really bundle-up to stay warm.

I wanted to answer that question and bump this thread up for more ideas. Please note that cruising is out and we are NOT taking our children even though it may have sounded like that in the original post. We just do not want to go really far (think Hawaii) away from them.

If you are looking to stay in the States (hence avoiding passport requirements), I would recommend Sedona, AZ or San Diego. I don't know where you are in Texas but San Antonio is also a great place. I would go to SA anytime of the year!

We've kind of worn San Antonio out with the kids. (Going there again in a few weeks). Chances are it will be pretty cold there in February.

The option of flying to Phoenix and driving to Sedona is a real possibility for us. We spent the first two and a half years of our marriage in Tempe/Scottsdale and passed through Sedona on our early road-trips. We visited Phoenix for the first time since we left there in April 2007 and visited our first two apartments and recalled all the memories of being newly-weds. We did not have enough time (day and a half and most spent with friends). It is very high on our possibility list--I need to double-check the temps in Sedona in February.

Justed checked and the average high is 59 degrees in February. Hmmm....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter