OT-Moms must read! Newest "Survivor Series".

crazymomof4

DIS Veteran
Watch for this new "Survior Series":

Six married men will be dropped on an island with ONE CAR and
FOUR KIDS each for six weeks. (If they can actually last that long!)

Each kid plays two sports and either takes music or dance
classes.
There is NO FAST FOOD.
Each man must take care of his four kids, keep his assigned house
clean,correct all homework, complete science projects, cook, do
laundry, and pay a list of "pretend" bills with not enough money.
In addition .. each man will have to budget in money for
groceries each week.
Each man must also take each child to a doctor's appointment, a
dentist appointment, and an appointment for a haircut.
He must also make cookies or muffins for a social function.
Each man will be responsible for decorating his own assigned
house, planting flowers outside and keeping it presentable at all
times.
The men will only have access to television when the kids are
asleep and all chores are done.
There is only one TV between them and there is NO REMOTE! (This will
eliminate
several if not all players.)
Each father will be required to know all of the words to every
stupid song that comes on TV and the name of each and every repulsive
character on cartoons.
The men must shave their legs, wear makeup daily, which they
will apply themselves either while driving or making four lunches.
They must adorn themselves with jewelry, wear uncomfortable, but
stylish shoes, keep their nails neatly polished and eyebrows groomed.
During one of the six weeks they will have to endure severe
stomach cramps, back aches and have extreme, unexplained mood swings
but never once complain or slow down from other duties.
They must attend weekly church and find time at least once to
spend the afternoon at the park or a similar setting.
He will need to read at least two stories with the children each night,
bathe them, dress them, brush their teeth and comb their hair each
morning by 7:00.

A TEST will be given at the end of the six weeks (if there is anyone
left) and each father will be required to know all of the
following information without even thinking:

1. Each child's birthday, height, weight, shoe size, clothes
size and doctor's name. Also the child's weight at birth, length, time
of birth and length of labor.
2. Each child's favorite color, middle name, favorite snack,
favorite song, favorite drink, favorite toy, biggest fear and what they
want to be when they grow up.
They must clean up after their sick children at 3:00 am and then
spend the remainder of the day tending to that child and waiting on
them hand and foot until they are better.
Each man will have to make an Indian hut model with six
toothpicks, a tortilla and one marker and get a four year old to eat a
serving of peas. (Yeah...sure, like that's gonna happen!)
The kids vote them off the island based on performance.
The last man wins only if he still has enough energy to be
intimate with his spouse at a moment's notice.
If the last man does win, he can play the game over and over
and over again for the next 18-25 years... eventually earning the
right to be called a MOTHER!!! (In a positive way, of course.)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Personally, I think the contestants should have husbands to take care of also. I seriously have an easier time when my DH is away on a business trip -- he's at least 1/3 of my workload. (Last night it was, "I've lost my glasses. I need you to look for them!" As if he doesn't have two arms and two legs to go looking for his own glasses -- need to get a micro-sized clapper for his glasses!)

Poor kids! It sounds too cruel. Funny, but cruel. I don't think they'll make it a week.

Crazymomof4, it looks like you picked the wrong man!

Don't slam all men just because yours, by your post, seems to be a selfish oaf. That's like going to the supermarket, buying a pint of berries, then coming home to find mold growing in the middle of the package, then yelling to the world that all berries are terrible.

Your poor choice or bad luck shouldn't reflect on me or other men like me: bring home the bacon, evenly share the housework and the parenting tasks (and actually ENJOY doing so), without being a wimp. It looks like some of my poker buddies and I are going to be vying for the $1 million on your Survivor show. But fair warning: we would suck at the decorating and putting on make up stuff, and I'm kinda frightened of the one guy who says shaving his legs wouldn't be a problem.

-- Eric :earsboy:

CleveRocks said:
Crazymomof4, it looks like you picked the wrong man!

Don't slam all men just because yours, by your post, seems to be a selfish oaf. That's like going to the supermarket, buying a pint of berries, then coming home to find mold growing in the middle of the package, then yelling to the world that all berries are terrible.

Your poor choice or bad luck shouldn't reflect on me or other men like me: bring home the bacon, evenly share the housework and the parenting tasks (and actually ENJOY doing so), without being a wimp. It looks like some of my poker buddies and I are going to be vying for the $1 million on your Survivor show. But fair warning: we would suck at the decorating and putting on make up stuff, and I'm kinda frightened of the one guy who says shaving his legs wouldn't be a problem.

LIGHTEN UP! :sad2: GEEZ!

It's a joke, based on a stereotype......ever heard of a "dumb blonde joke"? There's a ton of them but I don't go on a rant defending the intelligence of my daughter bc. she is a blonde! Stereotypes are not usually based on reality but are often the basis of jokes and we accept them for what they are....jokes, humor, funny, Ha Ha. We aren't laughing at real people here, only the stereotype.

Actually, only a few lines of what I posted would apply to my DH but they made me chuckle. And I'm sure very few moms actually do EVERYTHING that is described, but the SARCASM is what makes it funny. Sarcasm is at the core of a large percentage of what we humans (most of us anyway) find HUMEROUS.

There really was no need for the defensive flames...... "berries"?, "poor choice"? Really, your reaction is little over the top. I'm sure you and your "poker buddies" have a good number of jokes that revolve around female stereotypes. Just last week I got an email that had pictures of wacky car crashes and the theme was "Women Drivers" I laughed until I almost wet myself!

Wow, I was really laughing until that last comment! Its a joke! Sometimes I stay off this Families Board, too many people without humor. Like the thread about leaving the 13 month old at home. Could barely navigate around all the soapboxes.

Cleverocks -- I also missed the humor. Our society has decided that it's unacceptable to belittle people because of the color of their skin, their religion, or their sexual preference . . . but it's still fine to laugh about how inept men are (in everything except earning a living, of course).

Interestingly enough, I had seen this once before. My stay at home Dad brother sent it to me. He just substituted his wife for the husband and we both had a good laugh. To me (then and now) it is a funny commentary on the fact that the person who spends the most time with the kids learns to multitask the best. Regardless of gender. And you'll never convince me men are made fun of more than women for being inept in our society. The fact that Jessica Simpson is making quite a living doing this thing people still love to laugh about proves people still love a good dumb blonde/chick joke.

LOL :rotfl2:

My DH would be the first voted off! Earlier tonight I had a sinus headache and was lying down. I asked DH if he could get DS3's teeth brushed and help him with his pajamas. Five minutes later I heard DS exclaiming that DH was not laying out the pajamas right (to assist him with dressing himself, I lay out DS clothes exactly as they need to be to put them on), and I heard DH getting frustrated. I ended up having to get up and lay out the pajamas to keep them both from having a meltdown!

(Now I just hope Aidensdad doesn't read this thread :goodvibes )

Amy&Dan said:
Interestingly enough, I had seen this once before. My stay at home Dad brother sent it to me. He just substituted his wife for the husband and we both had a good laugh. To me (then and now) it is a funny commentary on the fact that the person who spends the most time with the kids learns to multitask the best. Regardless of gender. And you'll never convince me men are made fun of more than women for being inept in our society. The fact that Jessica Simpson is making quite a living doing this thing people still love to laugh about proves people still love a good dumb blonde/chick joke.

Thank you! :cheer2:

My Gosh, I NEVER expected this thread to become yet ANOTHER debate. I was just trying to share a bit of humor and brighten someone else's day! This is too much! I think I'm gonna go read a book on how to be 100% politically correct before I post on these boards again!

crazymomof4 said:
Thank you! :cheer2:

My Gosh, I NEVER expected this thread to become yet ANOTHER debate. I was just trying to share a bit of humor and brighten someone else's day! This is too much! I think I'm gonna go read a book on how to be 100% politically correct before I post on these boards again!

Don't fret crazymom ... I thought it was very :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: !!! Sooo, did my VERY helpful, WONDERFUL dh!!!!!!

I'm sure I'll be in a much lighter mood 2 weeks from now when I go to WDW. I guess I'm too busy working and raising the kids and cleaning the house ....

Sorry, but I too thought it was funny......Life is too short NOT to laugh.

By the way, my DH is very helpful, it was just plain funny.

EthansMom said:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Personally, I think the contestants should have husbands to take care of also. I seriously have an easier time when my DH is away on a business trip -- he's at least 1/3 of my workload. (Last night it was, "I've lost my glasses. I need you to look for them!" As if he doesn't have two arms and two legs to go looking for his own glasses -- need to get a micro-sized clapper for his glasses!)

:p So glad someone else has admitted this! My girlfriends and I have all said that when DH goes away (not for too long) we are often able to catch our breath and have a small break :rolleyes1 I love him dearly, but he keeps me going 90 to nothin', just like my monkeys do! :love2:

Thanks Crazymomof4!!!!! I had a good laugh. My Mother passed away a year ago today, it has been a sad day. Thanks for the smile and laugh :)

becky7953 said:
Thanks Crazymomof4!!!!! I had a good laugh. My Mother passed away a year ago today, it has been a sad day. Thanks for the smile and laugh :)

:sunny: Prayers for you Becky. I share your grief. My mom's been gone for 13 years this spring and it seems like yesterday. Mother's Day is always bittersweet. Crazymom-thanks for the giggle! Life's too short not to laugh.... A LOT :rotfl: !!!!!

:hug: Here's a great big one from me to you!

Hilarious...and I though my DH was 1-of-a-kind! :rotfl:
Hmmm...here's a twist on the show idea...the Dad's have to do all this while holding down a full-time paying job!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter