OT - Love my iPod Touch, but tell me what Apps you have, and are they worth it?

mom2faith

DIS Veteran
Just looking for feedback on Apps - Disney, Games, anything really. I have a few free ones so far, but a leary of paying for too many without feedback (99 cents a pop can add up).

So I thought I would see what Apps you LOVE so far.

TIA

I'm jumpin on this thread because I am getting an iPhone and would love suggestions for apps.

I started a thread like this a while ago right before I got my new Ipod touch.

So far all my apps are free ones. I check itunes regularly for the newest free apps. So far I have these free apps on my ipod.

CardStar - for your shopping members cards
My local news app
The Disney app from disney
Flashlight app
islots - DH likes the slots
Pandora - I have this on my blueray player so I got it for my ipod
Coupons.com app
Uno lite
Six Flags app
Hershey's app - Cute app you make choco milk on your ipod
Home depot app - DH is a maintenance man so this is good for checking prices
BingMusic app - a limited time top 100's by year app
Price Check - My ipod does not have a camera but you can type in the bar code
Quicktip - Great for going out to eat and calulating tip
The Simpsons game lite
Differences - Game where you pick out what is different in the two pictures
Spongebob diner dash light
5-0 Radio - A police scanner app to listen what is going on in town
Pocket pond - A virtual koi pond.

Lite means a limited version of an app.

I will tell you what I have so far (I have already deleted some of the free ones, so I cannot remember all of them, but this is what I currently have):

• Countdown - gotta countdown those upcoming trips - LOL!
  • Lose It - tracking calories and excersize. Free and I like it because my friend and I are "friends" on it so we can keep each other in line.
  • Facebook
  • Amazon Kindle - I have not downloaded any books yet, but have the Kindle App
  • Bell TV - my satellite provider so I can program my PVR from my touch (how lazy can i get - LOL!!!)
  • Disney - updates on Disney news, etc
  • Disney Wait Times - for those days when I am dreaming of riding POTC, I can see how long I would have to wait ;)
  • Disney Park Hours - seems accurate so far
  • Disney Craft Finder - this one is neat, you put in your child's age and how much time you have and it gives you a list of craft suggestions
  • Disney Cover styler - a fun app for DD to play with photos on
  • Disney What To Ride - chose a park and a land and it will tell you what you should rde. DH and i have fun dreaming with this on too ;)
  • Honolulu maps - getting ready for our upcoming trip
  • Eat This Not That Game - neat game to help you make healthier choices, once you have played it though it repeats
  • IMDb - I am always wondering where I know that actress from - LOL!!
  • Jenny Craig Dining guide - very cool app to tell you what is your best choice at various restaurants, I used it a lunch today and am happy with the "advice" it gave

For Games I have:
  • DOTS (free)
  • iSpy - for DD, paid $0.99 and she wrapped it in one evening, see how I am concerned about it being "worth it"
  • Memory Block - like the old Simon game
  • Dora - DD like it,
  • Checkers
  • Word Search
  • Gin
  • Angry Birds
  • War
  • Four Free
  • Blackjack
  • Poker
  • Cribbage
  • Unblockme free

The only one I have paid for is the iSpy, and I regret it. Like I said DD wrapped it in one night.

Disney Apps:
  • Disney
  • MouseWorld Radio
  • Radio Disney
  • WDW Maps

News and Informational Apps:
  • USA Today
  • CNN
  • MSNBC
  • Google Earth
  • Zyrtec Allergy Cast (gives pollen count and weather)
  • Dish Network (I can set my DVR from anywhere)

Games and Fun Stuff:
  • Fortune Ball (like a magic 8 ball)
  • Tiki Totems
  • Unblock Me Free (puzzle game)
  • Torect Free (puzzle game)
  • Lets Tans (puzzle game)
  • Tiles Puzzle
  • Paper Toss (possibly my favorite)
  • Fall Down
  • The Impossible Test
  • Coin Free (lets you toss a coin)

All were free apps, and this is a small fraction of all of the apps I have.

I have an iPod touch that I love! The apps take up almost no room at all! I look at ONLY the free stuff and there are always new apps being added. My suggestion would be to try the "lite" versions of things and if you like buy it, if not delete it. I have several "lite" versions that I was happy enough with that I did not even to bother buying the full version.

And yes many of the games can be completed in just an hour or two. I only buy the ones that I know I would like playing over and over or the ones that are really cheap like 99 cents. The only one I paid more than $2 was Toy Story Mania, it was $4.99 :scared1: But totally addicting!

Most of our apps are free ones. We add and delete new ones daily. I say WE because my family has hijacked my IPOD lol. I bought it for me giving my DD my Nano but now my DH uses my IPOD too. I am lucky to get it to go work out! Here's what we have for apps

Frogger, Wacky World Solitare
Flixter, My Sims 3 Radio Disney
IMDB.com, Urban spoon
Facebook, MySpace
my fitness pal, Paypal
ebay, We Rule
Rock Band, Zombie Farm
Yahoo messenger, Tap Fish
epicurious, Memory Lock
action bowling, Sims 2
my town, Waterslide
Vampires, E Online

We LOVE the ipod touch in our house, we all have one except DD7 and she uses DH's more than he does. I got DD7 a DS for christmas and now I'm so sorry that I didn't just get her the ipod touch (which I thought she was too young for) because it is so much more useful and in the end (because of free game apps vs those $50 DS games) so much cheaper!

Anyway, there are so many great free and cheap apps out there. I'd reccommend
wifi track : helps you find wifi much better than the built in one
facebook: if you are into that
shutterfly: you can have all of your photos available without having to store them on the device (I still have a lot on there)
Disney Cover Styler: Dd likes to make magazine covers, cute
pandora: great radio
people: no need to buy the expensive magazine
text plus or text free lite: lets you text to people's phones from your touch as long as you have wifi access
WDW dining: all of the restaurant menus and it works w/o wifi
flixter: movie times trailers etc...
google and wikipedia: both just mobile versions...great to have
USA today: catch up on the news daily

I have more but those are some highlights. I never pay much for anything, but some of those were $1.00 or so. Beware though, now that I have had the touch for over a year, I am DYING to get the iphone, the ipad, a macbook etc....LOL. The technology is just so amazing, all my other stuff pales in comparison!

My absolute favorite app, I paid $2.99 for, but it is the best $2.99 I've ever paid:

Bejeweled 2

It's my favorite game and actually my entire family is hooked on it. Dh was also able to put it on his Touch too.

As for Disney I have:

WDW Dining
WDW Park Hours
WDW Wait Times
Disney's Official App
WDW Radio

NBA Live & Madden NFL were both like $6.99, but can be lifesavers when ds (9) is with me and needs something to occupy his time. (Although he is hooked on Bejeweled right now!) :thumbsup2

Try looking at freeappaday.com They have, duh, listings of free apps for that day, but many stay free for a few days.

I love my ipod. I recommend getting a speaker dock for it. I bought a smallish one at Kohl's for around $40 that is now my alarm clock. If you want something better, I think Target carries many, even one from Bose.

Iheartradio and pandora are AWESOME.

I have a great sleep machine one that I paid a couple of dollars for. lots of different sounds to mix.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter