• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OT - Kodak vs. Canon camera

T. Lynn

...livin' and learnin' - simplified my life :-)
* also posted on photography board

Does anyone like their Kodak Camera or is Canon much better?

I see a lot of suggestions for the Canon A620.

I'm going into real estate this year. My work uses Kodak so we already have a plug in the computer for transferring files. If I get a kodak, I can just take my camera in and they can transfer my pictures to their computer. If I get a Canon, I'd have to come home and send them via email.

Do the Kodak photos turn out pretty good or should I check into the Canon 620?

I noticed on Circuit City that it has 20 modes...what are some of them and are they useful?

I have had two digital Kodaks and have liked them both. I am currently using a Kodak P850 with 12x optical zoom and 5.1 megapixels. It also has image stabilization which seems to be a nice feature. I think it takes nice pictures although I have to learn a bit more about the different modes so that I can have quality all the time. I know that the camera has great capabilities that I am under utilizing. In time I hope to learn more. I am not a professional by any means, just someone who likes to take pictures of my family and the things we do. HTH I have never had any experience with Canon.

Has anyone tried the ISA 400 speed on the Canon A620? I've read a couple of reviews that said it was noisy. Is this true?

I've had 2 canon cameras and a kodak. They were all fine, nice pictures and easy to use.

It's very easy to transfer pictures without the dock. I have a USB card reader that plugs into my PC's USB port and can read 6 different types of cards. It's very easy to upload to a pc. And the card reader is portable and inexpensive.

Sandisk makes a bunch, this is what we have
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...f=pd_bbs_1/002-4461652-5301605?_encoding=UTF8

Another convenient investment is a flash drive (also USB based) that is like a portable hard drive.

I'm in real estate and my manager advised me not to take pictures of homes for buyers because it's private property. If they want to do it themselves, it would be hard for me to stop them, though. As for sellers pictures, in my office someone else uploads them to the MLS and can get them by email or over our network.

Good luck with everything!

Gillian said:
I've had 2 canon cameras and a kodak. They were all fine, nice pictures and easy to use.

It's very easy to transfer pictures without the dock. I have a USB card reader that plugs into my PC's USB port and can read 6 different types of cards. It's very easy to upload to a pc. And the card reader is portable and inexpensive.

Sandisk makes a bunch, this is what we have
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...f=pd_bbs_1/002-4461652-5301605?_encoding=UTF8

Another convenient investment is a flash drive (also USB based) that is like a portable hard drive.

I'm in real estate and my manager advised me not to take pictures of homes for buyers because it's private property. If they want to do it themselves, it would be hard for me to stop them, though. As for sellers pictures, in my office someone else uploads them to the MLS and can get them by email or over our network.

Good luck with everything!
Yeah, I will take the pictures (for listings/selling) and either give my camera to the office assistant to upload or email them from home. We just don't have a card reader there. Only a Kodak cord and I didn't know if I should go with Kodak or Canon since people suggest Canon being better.

For further information that may either help or confuse, navigate your way around this site: dpreview. I usually concentrate on the review section and the forums section.

we just bought the canon power shot SD600 digital ELPH and it is the bomb! the pictures are so sharp. we have been a sony fan for years and really researched the canons. everyone that I know raves about their Canon. Its simple and takes some great shots!

We have 2 kodak digital cameras and had a canon A70. The 4-5mega pixel kodak ones w/ the name brand lens are awesome. The pictures are excellent, great color quality and the camera is problem free. It takes better pictures than the cheaper kodak one. Now onto the Canon...it took wonderful pictures and had tons of features, but it didn't last at all. A year and a half old, it decided the shutter was only going to open half way, make a noise, sit there and turn off. We took it to a camera repair shop and they said it's a relatively common issue w/ Canon and would cost about $150 to repair. We decided against it and still have it sitting here collecting dust.

In short, based on my experiences, I would recommend a mid level Kodak digital camera over a canon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter