OT: jon and Kate + 8 new house?

You have as many children as you Can Afford ! I think it is a shame what they are doing .... like the Duggers with 18 children now ........ are you kidding ??? Some people need a Brain Transplant !! Hows the snow in Boyertown ...... Lititz here !!

Eighteen kids is...well... About sixteen too many for us! But to each his/her own:) We didn't get much snow here. Only about two inches. I work in Ling of Prussia and they got like four or more! Usually we get more than towards the city but not this time. Yeah! I am not a fan of the cold white stuff.

Sorry about the experience. My dd5, absolutely loves the show as well. Do you mind my asking which Borders she was at? My friend goes to the church that Kate spoke at last week. I haven't seen her lately, so I'm not sure if she went to watch her speak or not.
I'm not surprised by what you've described. In the last several episodes, Kate has this attitude of arrogance about her that seems very different than the first season. Maybe it's just my opinion, but it seems like all of this fame has gone to her head. I still watch the show, but agree that it is becoming less appealing especially when they spend more time on J&K instead of the kids.

She was at the Borders in Oak Brook, across from the mall.

FYI- I saw on the TV guide that the 5pm episode today- Friday - of J&K+8 is the trip to Disney.
For anyone who missed it....

Did anyone watch the show last night? They moved into their new home and guess what "a new refrigerator". Don't know why she spent 4 hours cleaning the old one:confused3.

It is the same fridge. They just removed the panels from the Subzero.

NaplesRI - I just hit the DVR for 5:00 tonight. WOW our 2 biggest topics Jon & Kate & 8 & Disney. Now here is a topic.

I have seen it and laughted. We first saw this episode just days after we told our perfectly behave neat twins (5) and DD (15 - rather Maddy-ish) of our trip in March. The kids loved it. And I had to explain the ice cream issues. "Boys - you are not allowed to spill anything on your clothes at Disney! dont forget it!"

The twins love the show and have even asked me why I only had two babies in my belly instead of six. LMAO! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

kate gets a lot of criticism. But I can honestly say if someone was here to capture my "best" parenting moments or my hangups that I would be criticized also. And the stress children can put on your marriage and daily relationship can push any spouse over the edge. I can only imagine have two pre-adolescent girls and 6 five year olds. I am start to shake and get ticks at the thought!

Also Maddy - she would have been a higher maintenance child with or without the six babies! Children are just wired differently.

I have to say I agree with most of you. I watched the show in the beginning because I found it amazing that they could manage what they did. Kate always got on my nerves and my DH was appauled at how she spoke to Jon.

Now on the other hand my DD7 is a HUGE fan of the show, watches it all the time and has seen probably every episode due to our DVR. She came out of school the other day bouncing off the walls. A girl in her class told her that Kate was going to be at our local Borders bookstore for a signing. I agreed to take her since it was local.

I have to say I was EXTREMELY disappointed in what happened there. We arrived and got our wristband, purchased our book and waited to be called. They had the line snaking through the bookshelves, at the last turn they announced that it was the last area you could take any pictures absolutely no pictures at the table :confused3 . They had pre-flapped the book, an employee took the book from you as you got to the front of the line and slid it in front of Kate, she signed and you moved on. :sad2: I noticed that she didn't even make eye contact with the few groups in front of us! I had my DDs 7 & 11 take the book up and she did look up at them and ask if the book was for them, I answered that it was really the 7yr old that begged to come, she asked DD if she liked school and then the lady behind us pushed us out of the way. I knew they were hurrying the last few people through the line after us so I told DDs to hang around a bit to see if they could say goodbye to her. She finished signing, was nearly surrounded by store people and security up to the front of the store, she went in a back room put on a coat and then walked to the back of the store. She didn't make any eye contact with anyone, didn't smile or even say goodbye! She did look great though, stylish outfit, very thin, white teeth, hair and make-up but there was absolutely no warmth or personality at all.

Now granted, I have no idea what her schedule was like leading up to this signing, it might have been grueling but she was only at this store for 1 hour. You think she could have at least made some eye contact with the 100s of people that had plunked down $20+ per book and waited in line to get it signed. It certainly did absolutely nothing to improve my thoughts of her. :rolleyes:

She was like that at the Home Show. When she was done talking, she got up and was done. She didn't say good bye or thank you for having me or anything.

Does anyone know where the new house is. I heard her say it wasn't going to be in the same school district...and I saw the episode where they were going on vacation (again) where they stopped at houses on the way. Just wondering where they ended up.

Hate the show now...absolutely hate it. I wouldn't associate with a person like Kate in my personal life due to her disgusting treatment of her husband and her ridiculous level of arrogance. Since my time is valuable, I choose not to watch their "show". I would rather surf the web or more importantly, plan another Disney trip that my husband and I work hard to save for. Unlike the Gossling's who have it paid for by the network. No flames please, just my opinion.

She was like that at the Home Show. When she was done talking, she got up and was done. She didn't say good bye or thank you for having me or anything.

Well, when you are as important as she is, you don't have to look at anyone. We should all just look at her and watch her show and buy her book! After all, she did have two sets of multiples!
All Hail the Queen!!!

Was just watching The Soup. They had a clip of J&K+8. Jon didn't use a coupon and Kate flipped, then wanted the receipts. Jon claimed to not have receipts. Of course Kate wanted the receipts...how else would TLC know how much to reimburse them???:confused3 And the coupon...A free voucher rather than needing to be reimbursed???:rotfl: Don't know what the coupon was for though, some of those organic delivered pizzas?:rotfl2:

Yup, I dont think Jon is working now. I cant imagine he needs to with the income from the show. And his measely $30 /hour probably doesnt even compare. And with Kate's book and Kate's busy schedule... who would take care of the 8 kids. He doesnt seem to be loving it. I have a feeling there are more books to come. Maybe there with be a cookbook with a recipe for organic suckers.

Hate the show now...absolutely hate it. I wouldn't associate with a person like Kate in my personal life due to her disgusting treatment of her husband and her ridiculous level of arrogance. Since my time is valuable, I choose not to watch their "show". I would rather surf the web or more importantly, plan another Disney trip that my husband and I work hard to save for. Unlike the Gossling's who have it paid for by the network. No flames please, just my opinion.

I am not flamming you. I applaud you!!!:thumbsup2 I feel the same way!

I think the show is a joke now..its not about an everyday family trying to make it with 8 kids. Its the all mighty Kate bossing everyone around, and little Maddy..oh boy she IS her mother. The little ones are cute.

::yes::

I'm appalled that some have spent 17 pages of doing nothing but p& moaning about Kate and Jon. And thier decisions. Heres an idea, if you dont like the show, dont like them, DONT watch. I realize its like an accident, and gapers block and all that.... but if you dont watch, dont buy the books, the products or whatever....then, poof they'll be gone.

I dont like Kate much either...but c'mon people; she doesnt have to be apart of your daily life, so move on.

I'm appalled that some have spent 17 pages of doing nothing but p& moaning about Kate and Jon. And thier decisions. Heres an idea, if you dont like the show, dont like them, DONT watch. I realize its like an accident, and gapers block and all that.... but if you dont watch, dont buy the books, the products or whatever....then, poof they'll be gone.

I dont like Kate much either...but c'mon people; she doesnt have to be apart of your daily life, so move on.

Then don't read the 17 pages...or anything else on this thread if you don't like the posters' opinions.

I am not flamming you. I applaud you!!!:thumbsup2 I feel the same way!

No flames here either. I usually did not miss a show but haven't watched the past two episodes. After the New House fiasco that was over the top...the fridge... The complaining...the bedroom thing. Spare me!!!!!

Why does Kate look so miserable lately??????
On the last episode I couldnt believe how she looked & was acting. They were sitting downstairs during the interview part and she had her head resting on her arm with the most miserable look on her face like she barely had the energy to be somewhat nice & presentable for the show.
Oh and the comments she makes made me crazy. Is this how someone who has come along so far supposed to act once they are somewhat famous???? She has some kind of arrogence about her lately.
I still watch the show but now its more like I criticize the episode to myself and compare how she was somewhat ok to now being to big for her britches. I used to like her but now i am seeing a different side to her lately. She doesnt seem like that nice of a person and her true colors are really coming out. I dont think this is such a great show lately and she isnt setting such a great example.

Well.... I caved this weekend and bought seasons 1 and 2 on DVD. Watched like 6 episodes the other night (probably more). I love it.... the kids are so cute! Maddy is a little brat, though. And Kate yells at Jon too much.... if she'd just change her tone of voice, (most) everything she says would be okay.

I appreciate her need for organization, though.

I'm going to have to buy season 3.... I want to watch the Disney trip!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter