• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OT ~ Is the GTA getting a snow storm this week?

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi All ~ Teachers at ds's school were talking about a snow storm this week? Really? Thanks! Sandra

PS: I would LOVE a snow day!

Hi All ~ Teachers at ds's school were talking about a snow storm this week? Really? Thanks! Sandra

PS: I would LOVE a snow day!

Supposed to be a BIG storm starting tomorrow in the afternoon :scared:

I always get a BAD headache when these storms get close, so I'm off to Wally's to get some extra-strength pain killer just in case :headache:

My son is home sick today, so he won't mind if there is a snow day:rolleyes1 , and I am supposed to work 9am to 7pm on Tuesday at the dental office (but I know that patients will cancel if the snow is bad ;) )

iluvwesties (aka Carol) :wave2:

YES.

We are appearantly getting 10cms of snow very soon... possibly overnight. Mind you, that could have changed to tomorrow afternoon since I heard it on the radio this morning. :goodvibes

I'd love a snow day! If school's close, I don't have to work! I can just dream of vacation! S

According to the Weather Network the GTA is going to get 5 - 10 cms between Monday evening and Tuesday evening with more snow falling on Saturday.

Thank you Mother Nature. (not!)

Environment Canada At 3:15 Pm Est Monday 12 February 2007

A Winter Storm Developing Over Oklahoma This Afternoon Is Expected To Intensify And Move Towards The Lower Great Lakes Tonight. This Storm Has A Potential To Bring Significant Snowfall To Parts Of Southern Ontario. Present Indications Are That Snow Associated With The Storm Will Begin Early Tuesday Morning Over The Extreme Southwest And Spread To Near Lake Ontario By Midday. General Snowfall Amounts Are Expected To Be In The 10 To 15 Centimetres Range On Tuesday And Another 15 Centimetres Are Possible Tuesday Night..local Amounts Over Burlington - Oakville Niagara And City Of Hamilton Areas Could Be 10 To 20 Centimetres Higher Due To Snowsquall Activities From Lake Ontario Tuesday Morning And Lake Enhanced Snowfall When The Main Snowfall Area Arrives In The Afternoon. In Addition. Strong Easterly Wind And Cold Temperatures May Cause Blizzard Like Conditions With Cold Wind Chill Values And Blowing Snow. Environment Canada Will Continue To Monitor This Developing Storm Closely And Issue The Appropriate Warnings And Update Watches Accordingly.

Please Refer To The Latest Public Forecasts For Further Details.

Thanks for the even more depressing news. I live in the snow belt in between Peterborough and Lindsay and whenever we hear people saying that Toronto's going to get hit pretty hard with snow, we just shutter. We still have approximately a foot of snow left from last week.
But I am Canadian and what would Canada be without snow. And it's nothing that we haven't been through before.
Have fun shovelling!!!!

Environment Canada At 3:15 Pm Est Monday 12 February 2007

A Winter Storm Developing Over Oklahoma This Afternoon Is Expected To Intensify And Move Towards The Lower Great Lakes Tonight. This Storm Has A Potential To Bring Significant Snowfall To Parts Of Southern Ontario. Present Indications Are That Snow Associated With The Storm Will Begin Early Tuesday Morning Over The Extreme Southwest And Spread To Near Lake Ontario By Midday. General Snowfall Amounts Are Expected To Be In The 10 To 15 Centimetres Range On Tuesday And Another 15 Centimetres Are Possible Tuesday Night..local Amounts Over Burlington - Oakville Niagara And City Of Hamilton Areas Could Be 10 To 20 Centimetres Higher Due To Snowsquall Activities From Lake Ontario Tuesday Morning And Lake Enhanced Snowfall When The Main Snowfall Area Arrives In The Afternoon. In Addition. Strong Easterly Wind And Cold Temperatures May Cause Blizzard Like Conditions With Cold Wind Chill Values And Blowing Snow. Environment Canada Will Continue To Monitor This Developing Storm Closely And Issue The Appropriate Warnings And Update Watches Accordingly.

Please Refer To The Latest Public Forecasts For Further Details.

Wow, I think they had a couple too many snow days when they were supposed to be learning how to capitalize properly. :rotfl:

The funny thing is - I live about an hour NORTH of Toronto, and when I look at the weather network online, I see all the warnings if I look up Toronto - but up here it's only showing 2-4 cm.... what are the chances that the city gets it bad and we get a dusting???????

Thanks for the even more depressing news. I live in the snow belt in between Peterborough and Lindsay and whenever we hear people saying that Toronto's going to get hit pretty hard with snow, we just shutter. We still have approximately a foot of snow left from last week.
But I am Canadian and what would Canada be without snow. And it's nothing that we haven't been through before.
Have fun shovelling!!!!

I also live right between Lindsay and Peterborough and am supposed to take the kids to karate tomorrow evening in Peterborough. We just made and decorated a couple dozen cookies for their sensei for V Day.
Do you know when the storm is supposed to hit our area? I won't take them if the weather is bad.
Worse case situation: We will skip karate and I will eat all the cookies.:cool1: :banana: :cool1:

I keep hearing about this storm and yet when I go to the weather network.com it just says 30% chance of flurries for tues./wed. What am I missing.???
I live in Port Hope and it seems to snow daily here. On saturday it was a snowstorm here and by the time I hit Bewdley it was just a flurry and when I got to Peterborough there was no snow. Weird,
Well....I have only been home from my favorite place on earth for 2 weeks and wannna go backkkkkk......Oh my gosh I am like an addict now. I can't even stop coming on here. It's really strange.
A year ago I had never been to disney and now I have been twice in 9 months and want moreeeee!
O.k better now.
:cutie:

Hamilton is in the 50+ cm range due to lake effect snow... That is 19 INCHES!!! this is not going to be fun.

I'm praying to the SNOW DAY God's! PLEASE! SNOW DAY!!!!!! S

"Worse case situation: We will skip karate and I will eat all the cookies"

Do you know how much I hate statements like this???? I'm on a diet and can't eat cookies - ahhhh :laughing: The amount of work required to workout to lose the calories makes me rethink eating everything these days :lmao:

Ahhh - voting for a snow day tomorrow!!

They say 20 to 30 cm for Guelph - we usually get more snow then the oakville/burlington people - apparently it's already been snowing there since this morning and not a flurry to be seen up here!!

Snow day snow day snow day!!

Hey BitsnBearsMom,
Weather Network says 20 to 30 cm in the next 24 hours but Environment Canada only says 5 to 10 tonight and 2 to 4 cm tommorow morning. Neither one is ever right so who knows how much we will actually get. Usaully when they call for snow we don't get it and when they don't call for snow it just seems to appear. We will get some so I will be working all night a probably all day tommorow and tommorow night :sad2: . There goes Valentines Day :confused3

Ah - Valentines day is overrated anyway!! :rotfl2:

I'm really hoping for that snow day!!

And what happened on Sat??? We were in Burlington at my brother's and came home to have to shovel the driveway - was nice and light and fluffy but I didn't think we were supposed to get any!! Here's hoping we get dumped on enough to close school tomorrow!!

PS how was your trip??

The funny thing is - I live about an hour NORTH of Toronto, and when I look at the weather network online, I see all the warnings if I look up Toronto - but up here it's only showing 2-4 cm.... what are the chances that the city gets it bad and we get a dusting???????

That's exactly what they are saying about the storm. That the band runs across the southern area (Hamilton, GTA etc) and that areas north will barely feel the effects.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter