OT I'm baaaack... Cedar Point pics

Oh. Here's a different view of CP that was taken by my ex.

It's actually taken from Marblehead Lighthouse which is at the point opposite of Cedar Point that leads into Sandusky Bay. :)

Welcome Back!
Awesome pic's.......scares me just looking at them. I used to love roller coasters in my teens and 20's...but the older I get, the less I can handle them. I can do maybe 1 a day, but if I try 2, I'm sick and get a headache! It stinks getting old!! But I still love to sit and watch everybody else scream their lungs out riding them!

Thanks for sharing, glad you had a great time.

Thanks for the pictures, reminds me of many of my childhood summers spent at Cedar Point and Geauga Lake. Cedar Point was the first park I ever went on a coaster that went upside down...of course my eyes were closed, so it's not like I could really tell anything! lol!

Coasterguy said:
I was surprised that the accleration is less forceful the Xcelerator at Knotts Berry Farm which only goes 60 MPH

Pfft, you call yourself a coaster enthusiast. Xcelerator goes 82mph :p.
TTD's launch isn't as forceful as Xcelerator's even if it goes faster.

I hope Maverick or whatever the chicken the new thing is called isn't some one-trick-pony like last time, it might be a big trick, but still only one :).

Okay - so Coastguy really is a Coaster Guy! :cool1: Glad you had a great time - and that you wanted to share with us.

After looking at those photos, I have a little motion sickness. How is that possible?!?! Does the sentence - I will meet you at the exit? - sound all right? :rotfl:

Happy you had fun,
Disney Dreams (no loops at Disneyland!)

Looks like my kind of rides! Wb, glad you had a good time. Where is the Cedar Point so I can add it to my list of places to go to? lol

It's in Sandusky, OH, just west of Cleveland.

Looks like you had a good time coasterguy!

PeachyT said:
Thanks for the pictures, reminds me of many of my childhood summers spent at Cedar Point and Geauga Lake. Cedar Point was the first park I ever went on a coaster that went upside down...of course my eyes were closed, so it's not like I could really tell anything! lol!

LOL Tea! I'm afraid of heights, so every single roller coaster I ride, I have my eyes closed! LOL! But I just love that "feeling" you get, just don't care to see the "view" from up there! :rotfl:

Great to see the pics! I haven't been there since the Magnum was new. One of my friends use to work at that fireworks store!

We go to Cedar Point every summer - sometimes even stay there to get early entry even though we live close. Millenium Force is still my favorite. Top Thrill Dragster is just too short.

Haven't been to Geauga Lake in years - since before Six Flags bought it and then bought Sea World and expanded the park. (Yes, folks, there used to be a Sea World by Cleveland.)

Peachy T - were you just visiting, or did you grow up a northerner? ;)

awesome, pics!!

I never went to cedar point... i guess i need to go.

by the way nice .mac webpage;)

Awesome pictures.. I am soooo glad you posted that thing about Mantis and the headbanging... I love any coaster but just figure the physical punishment to my head cant possibley be worth it with so many other great rides there... I will definitely try MF and TTD! I am sure I will not be alone, hopefully TBM, aka Pink will join me :). But expect at least one of the boys to ride anything I will ride.

Looking forward to our trip. Thanks again!

Awesome Pics..wish i could see your dragster video but it won't work for me.. keeps saying cannot be initialized. Oh well.

I haven't been to Cedar Point since 1999 I think. It was a lot of fun. It was right before miliniium force came out. We want to go back.. but we go to Kings Island every year. We are going to Kings Island (which is also in ohio) in just 3 weeks. I love the thrill rides, while it's hard to get my husband on some of them. We may go to Cedar Point next Summer.. we are going to Disney World.. in June of 2008.

Is there another way I can see that dragster video?

WOW, awesome pics! I hope to visit Cedar Point soon. I would go on any ride shown in the pictures except for the ferris wheel. I'm terrified of ferris wheels. I've done one of those hoist you up in a harness and then drop you things where you swing like a pendulum but I am terrified of ferris wheels. Go figure. :confused3

I'm anxious to try the flyer coaster. That has to be an interesting ride! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

qruthie (the 'q' is silent)

Toooopppp Thhhrrriiilll Drrraaaagggsssttteeeerrr

Gosh...How do ppl ride it

qruthie said:
WOW, awesome pics! I hope to visit Cedar Point soon. I would go on any ride shown in the pictures except for the ferris wheel. I'm terrified of ferris wheels. I've done one of those hoist you up in a harness and then drop you things where you swing like a pendulum but I am terrified of ferris wheels. Go figure. :confused3

I'm anxious to try the flyer coaster. That has to be an interesting ride! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

X-Flight is actually at Geauga Lake, about 2 hours from Sandusky. It's a Vekoma Flyer. I think the B&M flyers are better. There's one at Alton Towers and 4 at Six Flags parks. 3 are named Superman - Ultimate Flight located at Six Flags over Gorgia, SF Great Adventure and SF Great America. The latest one is Tatsu at SF Magic Mountain. I got to ride it on Media Day, finally had to get off after 5 straight rides. That Pretzel loop is pretty intense.

Coasterguy said:
X-Flight is actually at Geauga Lake, about 2 hours from Sandusky. It's a Vekoma Flyer. I think the B&M flyers are better. There's one at Alton Towers and 4 at Six Flags parks. 3 are named Superman - Ultimate Flight located at Six Flags over Gorgia, SF Great Adventure and SF Great America. The latest one is Tatus at SF Magic Mountain. I got to ride it on Medai Day and finally had to get off after 5 straight rides. That Pretzel loop is pretty intense.

They have one at SF Great Adventure?!?!?! and it's a B&M?!?!?! Woot! I think that just made the decision for me. We like going to SF Great Adventure and B&M are great! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Looks like it was fun! But I'm a chicken and would freak out on the TTD. And I head the Ping-Ponged Head experience on the Rattler at Six Flags.

qruthie said:
They have one at SF Great Adventure?!?!?! and it's a B&M?!?!?! Woot! I think that just made the decision for me. We like going to SF Great Adventure and B&M are great! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Well you'd get a 2fer. B&M Flyer and Kingda Ka. Definitely prefer the B&M's over the Vekoma's. You're 'flying' right from the station and are looking straight down as you go up the lift and that pretzel loop is something else.

Magic Mountain actually built theirs at the top of the mountain so as you go up the lift the ground DROPS below you. If heights bother you, this one will get to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter