OT I May Have To Cancel My Trip

GOOFY4DONALD

DH finished his plate at 50's Prime Time. They wer
This is OT but you guys have been so great that I really need some support right now. Delta has cancelled my return flight. Actually they routed it to a city 2 hours away from my home. Although for most that doesn't sound too bad, we live in Montana and the roads can get dangerous in the winter (especially at night when they are not maintained until morning). Disney was really trying to help but the only way to get home is to wait and stay an extra day (for some reason there is a flight the next day) or book on another airling at about 800.00 MORE per person (times 5 people). No matter what we choose if we go on this trip it is going to cost us more money for something that is not our fault. We had to keep cancelling our family vacation for the last 5 years due to unforseen problems and we have had this trip planned for the last 2 years. I am just so upset want to cry.

Northwest did this kind of thing to us last year. We were all flying FFM and they rerouted one of us about 10 days before we were supposed to leave.

Have you called Delta and spoken to them, then? I am wondering if this is just a Montana thing!

Is it possible to stay the extra day to catch the better flight and stay that last night in a cheaper hotel that has transportation to the airport?

Maybe between a bunch of us, one of us will give a suggestion that the airline can work with....? :goodvibes

I am not sure if staying an extra day will be an option. We were planning on getting in Sat. at 11pm. If we stayed an extra day we will get in Sunday at 11pm at kids have school and DH starts his 16 hour shift Monday at 4am. I am hoping that we can fly into the other city and spend the night there and have my inlaws come get us. I am just so upset that there is more hassle not to mention more money (for whatever option we choose) that we were not planning on.

I am not sure if staying an extra day will be an option. We were planning on getting in Sat. at 11pm. If we stayed an extra day we will get in Sunday at 11pm at kids have school and DH starts his 16 hour shift Monday at 4am. I am hoping that we can fly into the other city and spend the night there and have my inlaws come get us. I am just so upset that there is more hassle not to mention more money (for whatever option we choose) that we were not planning on.

I'm so sorry this is happening to you:sad1: Do you think you could leave one day earlier, will that help cut down on cost? I know it's still cutting into your vacation but at least you won't have to cancel all together.

Is staying the extra day $800 more per person as well?

I don't know how many days your trip is, but can you possibly cut off one day and get a flight the day before?

This happened to us and Delta paid the hotel for the extra night as well as gave us meal coupons. Prehaps if you express this situation to Delta?

Good Luck, I understand your frustration.. Delta is very big on changing flights. Don't undertand:confused3 as this is a company just coming out of bankruptcy and making customers very unhappy....

Charleyann

I would also call Delta and speak with them about this. Since they changed your flight so dramatically you should be able to change on a different flight without all of the extra money being put out. I had a flight change on me back in March on another smaller airline and was able to change it without any fees incurred.

I would go ahead and stay the extra day. Just because you are staying one more day does not mean you have to buy park tickets. Spend the day at your hotel, use the pool or maybe do downtown disney.

I would also call Delta and speak with them about this. Since they changed your flight so dramatically you should be able to change on a different flight without all of the extra money being put out. I had a flight change on me back in March on another smaller airline and was able to change it without any fees incurred.

I agree, call Delta and tell them this change is not acceptable, as you will not be able to get home from an airport 2 hours away, at night, in winter. They should pay for an airport hotel at your arrival airport so that you can drive home in the morning.

I would think that if the airline changed your flight, or in this case cancelled your flight, you should NOT have to pay any fees associated with changing to a flight on a different day. I would call Delta back and ask to speak to a manager about this.

In any event, flying back home on the day planned, and staying in a hotel 2 hours away would certainly be cheaper then $800 x 5, so if you can't get a new flight at no cost, I would go with that option.

What is with Montana and their flights, that is outrageous. For work we have to travel to Billings and it is insane the price they charge to fly there. I would contact Delta to see what they can do for you.

Thanks for all of your replies. Staying the extra night is my choice. But I am not sure if that is what would work best for my family. We would have to leave our hotel at 7am Sunday since there is an 11am flight on Sunday. This would run us about 250.00 and we would still have park tickets (hey if I wanted to get real budget minded we could buy a CS meal (dining plan) and heat it up in our room). I am not the kind of person that looks for freebies but I really think that they should pay for something. To the person that travels to Billings for business...Billings is our largest city. They also have the cheapest airfare out of any Montana city. If I were to book airfare out of my hometown it wout run 950pp and that is the lowest.

What is with Montana and their flights, that is outrageous. For work we have to travel to Billings and it is insane the price they charge to fly there. I would contact Delta to see what they can do for you.
Yeah, I always tell people we are "at the ends of the earth" the way our flight schedules are and how much the travel costs! :sad2: You'd think we were flying from the Russian tundra or something!! And, as GOOFY4DONALD has expressed, once you get away from those "big city airports", it shoots up like crazy. The prices are one thing, the scheduling is something else! It's enough to make you want to get your own pilot's license just to get out of the state! :headache:

I still don't understand how staying overnight will cost $250 dollars. Can't you just stay over in Montana at an airport hotel (which is not going to be $250) and drive home in the daylight?

OP, I am so sorry. I hope you're able to work something out.

DH won free airline tickets this year and we chose to fly into Bozeman, MT to get our money's worth :rotfl: We absolutely loved Montana and we want to take our kids back someday, but the tickets are outrageously expensive! Heck, we could fly to Europe (on sale) much cheaper then flying to Montana!

I'm so sorry for you. I hope it all works out.

I'm not happy with any airline right now, but Delta and NW seem to have some really bad problems. Delta used to be one of the best too. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter