OT: I have an interview at WDW!!!

TPCShauna

<font color=green> Most Cheerful Creativear<br><fo
So much has happened since we moved to Florida just over a year ago. We lived in the boonies (Weeki Wachee) for 6 months, then moved into a house a bit north of Tampa in a town called Lutz. The same day we moved, I was admitted to the hospital for complications with an infected leg wound. My company laid me off while I was in the hospital waiting to have surgery, then I spent the next 2 and a half months having IV antibiotic treatments 3 hours a day in addition to outpatient surgical procedures to deal with wound care. In the midst of all this, my husband was laid off after 6 months in his job forcing us to have to break our lease because we had no income.

We started looking for a new place in January, and quickly realized we just flat out didn't like the Tampa area. Obviously, since we are huge Disney fans, we had been spending a lot of time at WDW and Orlando in general and realized we really liked it. We looked around, found a darling place about 2 miles from US/IOA that costs half of what we were paying in Lutz, and moved in at the beginning of February.

DH still doesn't have a job, but I was recently hired for the US/IOA call center. The same day I signed the paperwork for that, I found out I was being invited to a second interview for a Disney Guest Services Resort Operator position. That interview is scheduled for 2 days before I'm supposed to start my training for the US job.

Basically, my dream has always been to work for Disney. Since moving to Orlando, I've decided to go back to school to the Rosen College of Hospitality Management through UCF to get my degree in Event Management which is what my professional background is in. I would ultimately like to work at Disney as a wedding planner with DFTW or as a conference planner at one of the resorts. Getting this job at Disney would make it easier to get internships in both of those areas, and might ultimately pave the way for a full-time job down the line. Of course, I have to make it through the second Disney interview first.

It's been such a hard, hard year for us, and getting this job would help me feel like things might finally getting better. My initial phone screen went very well, and the interviewer seemed very impressed with my knowledge of the resorts, parks and restaurants on-property (thanks to all those countless hours spent on the DIS!) He also said that I seem very bubbly which is good for that role. Plus, the hours would be fantastic for my school schedule as well since the call center operates 24/7.

So, long story long, I have a second interview at Disney in roughly two weeks and I'm a bundle of nerves. I've been checking the job postings daily and applying for everything I could even remotely do, and this is the first interview I've received. A lot of the jobs I could physically do (because I walk with a cane and can't stand for long periods) are filled by College Program kids, and even though I'm in school and technically eligible for the CP, I can't apply because I'm married and can't live in the CP housing.

Basically, I'm posting this here because no one fully gets why I'm so excited about a Disney job interview and I know people here will understand. I guess I am also hoping for crossed fingers and :wizard: that the interview goes well and I get the job.

If you've read this far, thanks for your time and TIA for any good thoughts or :wizard:. Hopefully I can also meet up with some of you in the parks sometime. I'm there every Sunday, and off and on during the week as well.

TTFN!

Good Luck Shauna!!! I'm sure the interview will go well!!!
So sorry to hear about all the other issues but am glad to see you all are okay and getting settled back in...

Please come back and let us know how things go...

:hug:

Good luck with your interview- sorry you have had so many troubles since coming to Florida but glad that things are starting to work out.

Rebecca

Good luck with your interview! So sorry to hear about all the problems you have faced lately. Hope life gets better everday!

Cassey

You sound bubblly in your post so I could easily see that. Good luck, hope you get the job & move up

:wizard: best of luck! they won't have many applicants with your level of knowldege:goodvibes

Good luck with the interview Shauna! you will be perfect of the job!
sorry you had all the medical and job issues since you moved, hope things will be improving and your life in FL is a happy one!

Good luck! I am sure you will be wonderful. Keep your chin up, sounds like things are finally turning around! :goodvibes

Good luck Shauna! In 3-4 yrs I'll be moving to FL & my dream is to work at Disney as well. So excited for you! Please keep us posted!

Best of Luck to you Shauna! That's very cool. I really hope it works out for you!!! :)

Shauna -- congratulations on getting through such a tough year with a good attitude. (and I really mean Congratulations, it would be so easy for you and your husband to be in the middle of a huge pity party but you have turned it around) I wish you lots of pixie dust :wizard: for your interview. You are going to do great! Good luck with the additional schooling.

Good luck Shauna. I can't wait to hear how it goes. I know you will knock it out of the park. Sending lots of pixie dust your way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter