OT-How to earn money from home????

Discussion in 'Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board' started by riu girl, Jan 15, 2005.

1. riu girl

riu girl DIS Veteran

I would like to start earning some income from home. I have not worked at all since DD7 was born and would now like to start earning some income (to save for WDW holidays naturally) from a home based business:D .

I live in the Peterbrough/Lindsay, ON area.

Any suggestions????

Suzy V. :flower1:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. cabmom

cabmom DIS Cast Member<br><font color="blue">The Tag Fair

Hi, I did work from home after I had #2 Aaron. I saw an ad in the local paper for data entry people from home. It was ok work, about $10. I had to do my own taxes. After #3 came along, I couldn't keep up with the work. Try calling publishing companies, they need people to type the pages for the books.

Marilynn

4. mousy_in_canada

mousy_in_canada <font color=darkcoral>Ahhh to dream!<br><font colo

A publishing company is a neat idea.. There are very few in Canada who do you recommend to call?
    I am doing ebay right now but will all the fees that they just raised I am wondering if it is worth it anymore...

5. cabmom

http://www.ontariobooks.ca/ Try this I googled publishers of Ontario and this site came up. I did some typing for someone who actually had the contract with the publisher. It was for Math Textbooks for high school. He had a Mac and I had a PC, so everything I did had to be converted for him.
    Marilynn

6. jxgallan

jxgallan Earning My Ears

I am also curious about this - do they send you hand-written text - I would think in this day and age all the writers would be using computers - so it is basically formatting work - because I love to format....

Juanita

(also saving for my next Disney trip).

7. cabmom

I got the work done in rough typed then I made the corrections. The HR company I worked for I had to upkeep their HR database list.
    The HR company is still around, but they no longer hire at home people.
    Marilynn