OT-How soon did you have Baby #2?

My first two kids are 5 1/2 years apart and then there are 3 yrs, 5 mos between number 2 and 3. There are 9 years between number 3 and 4 (number 3 is quite the handfull and we thought we may quit there:rotfl2: , but went for 4). We now have a spread of
DD18
DS13
DD9 1/2
DD 9 mos
I like it as I have kids of all ages right now:grouphug: - my oldest heading to college:sad: , down to the baby not even a year yet. We are definately done, but I love our spacing. It also helps greatly that I have 2 kids more than capable of babysitting if I need to go out to the grocery or something and I also have one that can help with the baby while Im in the house.

Our four were born in this order...

1st to 2nd 3 yrs 4 months
2nd to 3rd 2 yrs 1 month
3rd to 4th 18 months oops! ;)

It was tough. We paid for diapers for almost 10 years. Everyone gets along really well except child #3 and child #4. Water & oil there. I guess I chalk it up to #3 not having enough mommy time before #4 came along and bumped him out of the way. If I could do it over again, I would space them further apart, just because I felt they needed more of my time than I could give. I was a SAHM for most of the time too, and I still didn't think I had enough individual time with them. I'd say that is my one regret as a parent, just not enough time with each of them. :(

Now, I work my life away, paying for their college bills so they all graduate without tremendous, life-altering tuition loans. And, I still don't get enough time with them!! :confused3

My oldest was born Dec. 1st. It took awhile to get pregnant with her so we decided that after she turned one we would start trying. We didn't expect to get pregnant RIGHT after she turned one. Our second daughter was born at the end of Aug. So they are 20 months apart. They are now 4 & 6 and love being together. They are so close, I would not have it any other way!

My kids are 5 years apart. It works for us; I wouldn't have it any other way. There's no "one size fits all" solution. I loved having so much one-on-one time with my oldest DD.

Mine are 4 yrs and 3 weeks apart. If I had it to do over again, I would choose a 3 year age difference.

At 2 years, the oldest is still needing a lot of attention. By 3 years (at least in my house), they are more independant, but will still have a lot in common with a younger sibling. At 4 yrs old, they are plenty independant, but the gap can cause a bit of difference in interests and playing together can be more of a struggle.

My mom had a brother 4 yrs older and a sister 2 yrs younger, and she always got along with her older brother way better than with her younger sister.

My siblings have kids that range from 1 yr apart to 10 yrs apart, and it's always the ones who have a few years inbetween that get along better.

So anyway, long story short ;) I would choose an age difference of 3 yrs apart.

My DS was born in November, and I could have another one right now! I told DH that if we have another one soon, we won't get back in the habit of sleeping, so it won't be as hard to adjust to no sleep with the second one as it was with the first! :thumbsup2

My girls are 4 years and 8 months apart only because I had my first so young and waited until we were ready to try again. Turns out my now surprise unplanned pregnancy there will be 4 years and 8 months separating again. I think 4+ is a great gap - they are still close and the oldest is a lot of help and the age gap will help with finances later on ;)

4 years 7 months and 13 days.:thumbsup2 We tried for over a year to get preggers with #2, and it just didn't come easily for me the second time around. We planned to have them closer, but it just didn't happen that way. Still in all, this age gap worked out well for us.

My girls are 4 years and 8 months apart only because I had my first so young and waited until we were ready to try again. Turns out my now surprise unplanned pregnancy there will be 4 years and 8 months separating again. I think 4+ is a great gap - they are still close and the oldest is a lot of help and the age gap will help with finances later on ;)

That's a lot like my situation...Had dd at 21 (suprise baby) and then waited until we were more financially stable for baby #2 4 years and 8 months later. I was glad to have my first dd to myself for so long, but I kind of wish they were a little closer in age. They are at such different stages in their lives, I'm afraid they won't be as close as if they were 3 years or less...

Let's see the first and second one were born the same minute then the third and fourth were born 2 minutes later, in less than a minute. Nope. No help here!:confused3

:lmao:

For me it was two year almost to the day between 1 & 2 - niether of my kids was really planned, but niether was not planned for either if you know what I mean. My third DD came 4 years after DD#2 and was intentional.:cloud9:

I have irish twins :goodvibes: two girls about 18 months apart.

They're 8 & 9 now and we LOVE it, they love it, it's all good :thumbsup2 .

They're our only kids-after the second one we didn't feel like any more, so I'd say if you and DH are in agreement, go with what you feel.

I have irish twins :goodvibes: two girls about 18 months apart.

I always considered "Irish Twins" to be babies born within 12 months of each other :confused3 .

Anyway, my first two are 19 months apart. Number 3 came 3 years later. Number 4 is on the way now and will be almost 6 years younger than number 3 (just as soon as I get all of them in school full time, I am starting all over :faint: )

Two years apart to the day--they have the same birthday. Some minor jealousy issues for older in first few months. First few months are rough no matter what i think. Two years apart was perfect for us.

Our kid are 21 months apart and I think it's perfect. We are now expecting baby #3 and he/she will be 2 1/2 years apart from #2.

We made the annoucement at DD#1s first birthday party that I was preggers with #2. They were 19 months appart. Now DD#2 is 21 months, and I think I may be preggers again... kinda nervous about it, not planned at all!!! We will have to wait and see!

My three:dance3: are each 20 months apart. No, it wasn't planned (by dh and I anyhow) and when I found out #3 was on her way, I was completely overwhelmed. But now I wouldn't change it for the world!! Yes, they fight occassionally but they are the best playmates I could have ever imagined. Seeing how close they are and how they learn from each other is wonderful. They are so close that all three insist on sleeping in the same bedroom, even though they each have their own room.

My youngest is now four, and I sometimes think about trying for #4, but I would hate for them to miss out on the closeness that their siblings have. I think its the Birth Order Book that says that siblings who are more than 4 or 5 years apart are essentially "only" children.

I think the bottom line is what you and your dh are comfortable with for your situation (mixed in with God's will) is what is best for your family. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter