OT - High School Musical - The Concert

czycropper

DIS Veteran
If anyone has seen it, is it worth it?

I've just been able to get an additional 2 tickets :cool1: for the Continental Airlines Arena show in New Jersey and I'm wondering whether I should take my DD6 or just invite a couple of my DD9 friends.

Any reviews would be great!!!!!!!

Happy New Year :banana:

Going tonight in DC! We have nose bleed seats. I'll post tomorrow if I can from work.

My DDs 13 and 18 went last night and really enjoyed it. They came home and reenacted some of the songs for me!!! Don't know how younger ones would do, though.

My best friend and I took my DD10 and her DD6 and they both loved it! Even us old moms had a good time (especially since we had seen the movie so much that we knew all of the words too!):thumbsup2

If anyone has seen it, is it worth it?

I've just been able to get an additional 2 tickets :cool1: for the Continental Airlines Arena show in New Jersey and I'm wondering whether I should take my DD6 or just invite a couple of my DD9 friends.

Any reviews would be great!!!!!!!

Happy New Year :banana:

I would take your 6yo. I bought 4 tickets tot he NJ show also with the intentions of taking my 7yo and 2yo.

I had one set of floor seats and one set of lower level seats. I deceided to sell the floor seats and made all of my money back. So now its just hubby and my 7yo going.

I went December 1st and we had a great time. I took my 2 niece's each 7 years old, my DS who is 10 and one of his classmates who is a girl and 11. They all had a great time.

Our tickets said it started at 7 but they had an opener (Jordan Pruitt) for about 20 minute and the "real" show started at 8 and was over right at 9:30. They sang the songs from the movie and also had 3 showcases.....Ashley Tisdale, Corbin Blue, and Vanessa Hudgens. Monique Coleman came out and danced once ala Dancing with the Stars.

I thought it was a great first concert experience for the 7 year olds.

The merchandise is way overpriced IMO but I bought the girls t-shirts before we went at Kohl's and they were fine what they had.

Have Fun if you go!!!

Thanks for the replies! It sounds like it will be a good "first" concert experience :goodvibes

I will definitely take both of them -- now the thing is getting my DH to go as well :lmao: , but hey, he's the Dad!

DD9 can't wait she's already marking the time down on her calendar!

we're going on the 18th!

I too got my dd a shirt from Kohls.

Can't wait to hear more reviews!

Just went last night! It was awesome!:banana: Even though we were upper level seats it was still a great experience for my DD(8). The concert's schedule was just as posted above with opening act Jordy Puriut (We Are Family- Air Buddies). I must warn you -after her act there was a 20 minute intermission. Which was hard for everyone to take. Show began about 8pm and ended 9:25pm. Let me share with you some of the prices for sovinours (sp) $30-35 tshirts (individuals and HSM concert cast), program $20, laynard $10, keyrings $8, glowsticks $3. There were also sweatshirts, posters, and CDs. It was a well behaved crowd. It was fun to see so many 6-12 year old girls in one place. Enjoy!

Just went last night! It was awesome!:banana: Even though we were upper level seats it was still a great experience for my DD(8). The concert's schedule was just as posted above with opening act Jordy Puriut (We Are Family- Air Buddies). I must warn you -after her act there was a 20 minute intermission. Which was hard for everyone to take. Show began about 8pm and ended 9:25pm. Let me share with you some of the prices for sovinours (sp) $30-35 tshirts (individuals and HSM concert cast), program $20, laynard $10, keyrings $8, glowsticks $3. There were also sweatshirts, posters, and CDs. It was a well behaved crowd. It was fun to see so many 6-12 year old girls in one place. Enjoy!

this is why I bought my dd a shirt already! I can't believe that they're charging that much for a kids concert shirt :headache:

We're also going to be bringing our own glowsticks. We'll probably go eat dinner out before the show so hopefully we won't be spending much $$ actually in the venue. After spending almost $70 a ticket I've reached my limit for this show! :rotfl:

We went on Dec. 27th in Greensboro, NC. We went with my DH, DD12 and DS10. I think I was the most excited when we first got there! I was really excited because my presale ticket seats were really great!

Anyhow, Jordan Pruitt started about 7:05 or so and I didn't really enjoy her but my 2 kids did. After Jordan and the 20 minute intermission, the HSM cast comes out with a bang! The show is really high energy and well choreographed! We kinda expected just the stars to each take their turns singing, but they really blended the HSM movie via clips on a big screen behind and all the dancing and singing on the stage. You could tell all of the kids are really talented! It was a Disney production and very well done IMHO. We all left the concert talking away about the different songs and dances, etc. Our family really loved Ashley Tisdale and Lucas Grabeel who MC'd the night. Corbin Bleu was Excellent! We were disappointed that Zac Efron was not there, even though we knew he is filming Hairspray. His replacement is Drew Seeley - talented in his own right, but just not Zac and the character from the movie. It was definitely worth it!

I am getting so excited now to take DD on her birthday (jan.14 Cleveland) to the concert. I know DS is going to love it too! DH I am not so sure but he is a trooper when it come to stuff for the kids.

We were at the Greensboro show on the 27th as well! My DD (7) got 2 tickets in her stocking, and it was the BIG HIT!

I was a little leary about spending so much $$ for the tickets, but my daughter danced and sang the whole time! It was a blast! Of course the souvies are overpriced, $20 for the program that we had to have!!

I would definately say that the show is worth it, as with anything Disney it is well done and very entertaining! Have fun!

We went on Dec. 27th in Greensboro, NC. We went with my DH, DD12 and DS10. I think I was the most excited when we first got there! I was really excited because my presale ticket seats were really great!

Anyhow, Jordan Pruitt started about 7:05 or so and I didn't really enjoy her but my 2 kids did. After Jordan and the 20 minute intermission, the HSM cast comes out with a bang! The show is really high energy and well choreographed! We kinda expected just the stars to each take their turns singing, but they really blended the HSM movie via clips on a big screen behind and all the dancing and singing on the stage. You could tell all of the kids are really talented! It was a Disney production and very well done IMHO. We all left the concert talking away about the different songs and dances, etc. Our family really loved Ashley Tisdale and Lucas Grabeel who MC'd the night. Corbin Bleu was Excellent! We were disappointed that Zac Efron was not there, even though we knew he is filming Hairspray. His replacement is Drew Seeley - talented in his own right, but just not Zac and the character from the movie. It was definitely worth it!

you know Drew actually did his singing for him in the movie, right - and he wrote at least one of the songs...

either way - thank you for the report :thumbsup2

we have less than a week to go!!!!:)

We went last night as well. I too didn't really care for the opening act, Jordan Pruitt. Then the 20 minute intermission (at 7:34 already). Had we known, we would have waited to get there 45 minutes later. I would say a good 75% of the show is NOT HSM at all, just the ones that have albums out or coming out soon, doing their new stuff.

Overall it was a great show, lots of energy for sure. We got glowsticks, but paid $5 each for them. They do have HSM written on them, so it was fine. I got my dd her shirt at Justice for Girls before we went, on clearance for $7. Another mom in front of me said she got her dd's sweatshirt at Kohls, so that seems to be the place to get stuff...as well as Justice if you have one.

We also got the program, for $20, which was worth it for my dd, she loves them and will look at it for months!

The one negative thing about that show, was they spent a lot of time talking in between songs. I guess they have to stretch it out, but for my party of two adults (one who had NO clue about HSM), and two 6 year olds, that part was pretty boring.

At our show, there was a great mix of ages. Many little ones, 5-6 year olds. And the older teens as well 14-16. Didn't see too many, if any, teen boys, but did see lots of younger boys 5-8 I would say.

Well, I am headed to Manchester, NH tomorrow with DD(6)!! She has no idea that we are going to the concert with her best friend!! Thank you for the great reviews! It sounds like we are going to have a blast!!!

I went to HSM the Concert with my mom and it was really really really good! My brother and I didn't like Drew Seeley (he just wasn't Zac Efron:confused3 ) Vanessa Hudgens sings alot of Pop music that my family didn't really like. Lucas Grabeel was hilarious and is a great dancer. :dancer: Monique Coleman did a wonderful Dancing w/the Stars dance w/ the National Latin dancer or something like that. She was really good! Ashley Tisdale was very cool, and today my brother downloaded all of the songs she sang. He was singing them at the top of his lungs! :rotfl: Corbin Bleu was very energetic! overall it was a very well put together show!:thumbsup2

I went to HSM the Concert w/ my family and we loved it! However, we didn't like Drew Seeley at all! (He just isn't Zac Efron :confused3) Ashley Tisdale, Corbin Bleu, and Vanessa Hudgens all premonted their new albums. We loved Ashley and Corbin, but we didn't like Vanessa at all! :eek: Drew Seeley did a song called Dance w/me which my brother and I like, and during the middle of the song, Monique Coleman came out and did a spectacluar Dancing with the Stars dance! popcorn:: She was really really good! Lucas Grabeel was the host person, and he was hilarious! He's also a great dancer! :dancer: I highly reccomend this show!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter