• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OT - Has Anyone Been To Atlantis (Bahamas)?

Nope, but it's on the list!! LOL!

Many trips to WDW, and we still haven't gone to Universal Studios yet!

But what I do know when Atlantis' turn comes up on the vacation rotation...we would look at renting from a timeshare owner at the Harbourside.

Or, when we finally get back on a cruise, would look into the possibility of a day room, maybe??

Or, even just booking one night - if a day room rate isn't a possibility - and at least experience a bit of the resort itself.

Have fun!!!
:)

Yes, we own at the Harborside at Atlantis and go every year. It's one of our favorite destinations.

David

I was lucky enough to go once for a day (we did our own "excursion" there by booking a room while on a cruise)

Loved it. We want to go back for real at some point.

and loved it. We went for a wedding in December and it was wonderful. We wished we had stayed longer but this was the first time we were travelling with our young kids so we were there for 4 days.

Atlantis is beautiful and there are lots to see and do for all ages. The aquarium is amazing and lots of water slides. Everywhere we turned, there seemed to be another pool. We stayed at the Beach Tower which is the cheapest tower and we thought the room was fine and we really liked the pool associated with it.

We are planning on going back when our kids are older so they can enjoy the facilities more.

I am sure it is amazing and the pools etc are one of a kind BUT the price of the food is keeping us away. We have toyed with going there quite a bit but it always comes back to how expensive the food is. My friend was there last spring and the breakfast buffet for her family of 4 was 200USD! That is insane...

I am sure it is amazing and the pools etc are one of a kind BUT the price of the food is keeping us away. We have toyed with going there quite a bit but it always comes back to how expensive the food is. My friend was there last spring and the breakfast buffet for her family of 4 was 200USD! That is insane...

That seems a little high for the breakfast buffet as we've paid $104.00 for two of us at dinner. Of course, that is for the buffet, which is one of the freshest and best buffets we've ever eaten at.

There are quite a few options for meals that are considerably less expensive. There is even a Johnny Rockets onsite and the walk to several other restaurants is not that bad. But don't misunderstans what I am saying. I'm not trying to downplay the fact that food in Nassau is generally more expensive. Just stay away from the more expensive places and the costs can be manageable.

Be forewarned though. If you go once, you will want to return again and again.

David

My friend was there last spring and the breakfast buffet for her family of 4 was 200USD! That is insane...
Insane and inaccurate.

Food is expensive, no two ways about it. But people also exaggerate. The breakfast buffet in the Royal Towers is $25 per person (I took a picture of the sign outside the restaurant), plus a mandatory 15% gratuity. Yes, expensive, but not $50 per person.

Atlantis has actually launched a cheaper meal plan for 2011: $50 a day will get you breakfast and dinner at the buffet restaurants.

There are ways to save money, but like Disney, you need to go to experienced visitors/experts to learn those ways.

Be forewarned though. If you go once, you will want to return again and again.

David
Amen, brother....from a fellow Harborside owner.

I have recently started looking at going to Atlantis for my honeymoon. Any information you might share would be much appreciated. I have read in some places that the dolphin excursion has an extra fee associated with it...but can't find the cost anywhere. Also is there anywhere to find menus and prices for the restaurants? Is there a specific season that is better to visit Atlantis than others? Thank you in advance for all the info!

and back then you could stay at one of the hotels across the street (sorry can't recall the name) which was much more basic and less expensive, but it included day passes at Atlantis every day. SO we would have breakfast at our hotel (which was included) and then head to Atlantis for the day and for snack food. Then back to our hotel or another restaurant for dinner rather than the huge costs of dinner at Atlantis. Made for a great vacation still but with less cost. I'm not sure if they still do this kind of offer anymore or not, but the hotel was nice and clean and fine for the little amount of time we spent in our rooms. Pool there was very nice too. Hope this helps.

Yes, I think they do. A lot of people on our cruise did this. Sounds crazy to rent a room, but came with tickets to Atlantis, which was cheaper than the excursion. It was really beautiful when we "walked" through during our time in the Bahamas. We hung out on the beach down at the end of Atlantis, since I thought it was a little pricey for only 5 hours of time (all you get when off the ship). It did cost us nearly $30 for just 5 drinks (water, juice) at Starbucks, so I wouldn't doubt the cost of food within the resort!

I have recently started looking at going to Atlantis for my honeymoon. Any information you might share would be much appreciated. I have read in some places that the dolphin excursion has an extra fee associated with it...but can't find the cost anywhere. Also is there anywhere to find menus and prices for the restaurants? Is there a specific season that is better to visit Atlantis than others? Thank you in advance for all the info!
Dolphin experiences will be extra. Atlantis has it's on-site facility, but many people opt to do Blue Lagoon's which is on its own island a short boat ride away. It's less expensive than Atlantis' experience, but I don't know actual prices. If you go through the booking process, you should be able to get the price before you have to actually pay.

Menus are available at Atlantis' website for the nicer venues, but sometime in the last year they took the prices off.

Spring is the best time, followed buy summer. Hurricane season can be nice....but you have the threat of a hurricane. Winter can be iffy for temperatures...if you're thee during a cool spell it might not get to to 70....but the pool water is heated.

Are you looking to stay in a grand and luxurious place for your honeymoon, or looking to keep to a budget. In any case, it wouldn't be crazy to get a great room but eat on a budget, or stay cheaper and have fine dining every night....
(sorry can't recall the name)
Comfort Suites-Paradise Island? To my knowledge, that's the only accommodations outside of Atlantis' official towers that includes access to Atlantis amenities.

I knew I would recognize the name if I heard it. The hotel was basic but clean and only about a 5-10 minute walk across the street to Atlantis. Perfect for saving some money but still having all the access to the fun stuff. Also gave you a place to get away from all the crowds too when you had had enough for the day.

Would love to go but it's so expensive. Looked at it a few times and couldn't justify it. So we typically do Disney and one all-inclusive trip each year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter