OT- Great Wolf Lodge?

jinia

Mouseketeer
I know it isn't Disney but yall usually know a bit of everything so...

We have never been to Great Wolf Lodge and wanting some opinions! Specifically considering Halloween....Pictures are a long shot but still going to ask..thanks so much!

We went to the one in PA and loved it! I heard after we paid full price for our room, if you sign up for the emails, you can get some really good discount codes. But even paying full price for the room, it was worth every penny for ages 6 to 18 for the kids - no need to mention the rest of the ages. Admission to the park for the entire next day is included with your room, so we got a much cheaper hotel down the road for the second night and stayed at Great Wolf until bedtime. Have a great time if you go!

I know it isn't Disney but yall usually know a bit of everything so...

We have never been to Great Wolf Lodge and wanting some opinions! Specifically considering Halloween....Pictures are a long shot but still going to ask..thanks so much!

I can let you know when we get back. We are going this Sunday( Aug 22) to Monday (Aug 23) and we are staying at the one in PA. We have never been before but, have heard it's alot of fun and decided to give it a shot since we try to go to a new waterpark every summer. Not sure about pictures because I don't know how to post them but, maybe my DD13 can show me how.

We are going to the one in Pennsylvania. We are leaving tomorrow morning for two nights. I have never been there, but people seem to love the place. I will take some pictures and try to post them, and also let you know how I liked it.

We go to the one in Niagara Falls every two years. We've been 3 times now and LOVE it! Here are some pics of our trip two years ago. I can't find our most recent trip for some reason :confused3

IMG_0547.jpg

IMG_0546.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_0555.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=275477&id=575830326&l=4d75927d1b

There is a link to some pictures in Charlotte NC (Concord). Honestly, I think it is the worst one they have! The whole water park is almost shown in that picture, there are some more slides (4 of them) but they are off to the side and can't really be seen even when inside.

We still have fun. I would never pay alot to go. DS7 loves the magiquest. The room you see is the cheapest room, perfect for us, large and always clean. Has a nice micro, fridge and coffee pot.

We stay one night, more then plenty of time. We do try to get there by 4 pm or so and then can stay the next day until about 1 pm.

We went to the one in Charlotte last year early in October. My DS was 5 at the time. They had trick or treating for the kids followed by a costume contest. DS won the costume contest the night he competed (went as Captain Hook). Even without the contest, he had a lot of fun. He did the pool and the MagiQuest. The MagiQuest is expensive. We went to a different inddor waterpark this summer in TN. The waterpark itself was probably better, but the food at the one in Charlotte was more reasonable. The other nice thing about the one in Charlotte is that there are several restaurants close by.

We've been to the one in Mason, OH 6-7 times and we love it - wave pool is huge, lazy river, kid area and kid slides, a little deeper pool with basketball hoops and things to climb on, and several sides incuding a brand new one called Triple Twist. My favorite part is the outside pool - water is cool and it's never really crowded.

My dd6 loves the Cub Club where she go to play or make crafts and my ds9 loves MagiQuest. We went 2 weeks ago and he spent one entire day running around doing the MagiQuest (I took his wand away the next day so he would swim). We love the rooms and have stayed in the regular family suite, Kid Cabin, Wolf Den Suite, Loft Fireplace Suite and the Grizzly Bear Suite. There's also 2 restaurants - 1 buffet, 1 order off the menu, the snack bar in the water park and a Pizza Hut carryout inside of the bakery area.

I have tons of pictures from all of our trips but we are about to leave and I don't have time to download all of them.

I have been to the Mason, OH one twice. Both times we stayed in a Wolf Den suite- loved it. The first time we went was for Fall Break, and they had trick or treating. All the kids dressed up in their costumes and followed a path to trick or treat at several spots throughout the resort. My kids had a lot of fun. They then went back to the room and changed into their pjs for story time by the tree. We stay for two nights as they like to do Magic Quest as well as spend lots of time in the water park.

O.K. we just came back from the one in PA. We stayed Sunday (Aug.22)-Monday (Aug23). We were a party of 9 , DH & I, DD13, DS9 and my cousins family (Dcousin 35, her DH 36, her DS7, DS5, and DD2). Our rooms were located a few doors away from each other (rooms 3089 and 3094), my cousin called to request rooms in the same vicinity a couple of days prior.

The kids had an absolute blast! We arrived just before 1pm and were able to get our wrist bands immediately so we hit the waterpark. I got a text message at 1:30pm that our room was ready and cousins room was ready about 30 minutes later. We waited about 15 minutes in the check in line. We used the water park until about 7pm and then hit the rooms to shower, have dinner and relax. For dinner we ordered from a local italian place (Angelos pizza) that delivered, the food was ok but it took over an hour for it to arrive. The next morning we had bagels in the room that we brought from home and then we hit the water park again. The kids had so much fun on the slides, wave pool, lazy river etc. and we would definately do it again. We left the water park about 4pm and the boys did Magic Quest for about 1 1/2 hours. They liked Magic Quest, I thought it was a waste of money.

I have to say that Great Wolf was definatley worth the money. The water park was a decent size and the lines for the tube rides moved pretty fast, the life guards were great and we never worried about safety. The rooms were a good size and very clean (plus I checked both rooms thoroughly for bed bugs and saw nothing). The food prices were about average for an amusement park. My only issue with Great Wolf is that they are understaffed in the food areas. For example, inside the waterpark there is 1 place to buy food and it always had a line because there was only 1 person working it and he was sooooo slow. There is also a bar in the water park but, there was no line there. Also, directly outside the water park is a "shop" where the Pizza Hut express is located and also the Sweet Shop(muffins, pastry, candy, ice cream etc.). That was insanely slow service, 5 people working behind the counter area (the entire counter area is connected) and most of them just wandered around back there and never asked anyone if they needed anything. The staff in that area was not friendly at all, they had a nasty attitude if you asked questions about any of the items. We didn't eat at the Loose Moose Cottage restaurant so I have no idea how the service was but, it was packed at dinner time.

Overall, we agreed that we would definatley go to Great Wolf again. The kids really want to go in the winter because they think it would be cool to be able to use a water park while it was freezing cold outside with snow on the ground.

O.K. we just came back from the one in PA. We stayed Sunday (Aug.22)-Monday (Aug23). We were a party of 9 , DH & I, DD13, DS9 and my cousins family (Dcousin 35, her DH 36, her DS7, DS5, and DD2). Our rooms were located a few doors away from each other (rooms 3089 and 3094), my cousin called to request rooms in the same vicinity a couple of days prior.

The kids had an absolute blast! We arrived just before 1pm and were able to get our wrist bands immediately so we hit the waterpark. I got a text message at 1:30pm that our room was ready and cousins room was ready about 30 minutes later. We waited about 15 minutes in the check in line. We used the water park until about 7pm and then hit the rooms to shower, have dinner and relax. For dinner we ordered from a local italian place (Angelos pizza) that delivered, the food was ok but it took over an hour for it to arrive. The next morning we had bagels in the room that we brought from home and then we hit the water park again. The kids had so much fun on the slides, wave pool, lazy river etc. and we would definately do it again. We left the water park about 4pm and the boys did Magic Quest for about 1 1/2 hours. They liked Magic Quest, I thought it was a waste of money.

Just so you know, we've always arrived before 10 am, and they've always given us the bands right away. Magiquest is great, but it takes many, many hours. I'd never suggest it unless someone was staying at least 2 nights, or it's not worth it. We were there last with a big group from NE NJ, and got food from that restaurant. Everyone was horrified - lol. I went to school in the area, so I was aware that the Poconos has gross Italian. My friend has a vacation home there, and even though they've been going there for years, they have yet to find edible pizza.

Thanks for the awesome replies! So worth the short trip but will try to get the best deal on a room! I love the DIS yall know all!:flower3:

We went to the one in Grapevine TX last year over Thanksgiving and we are going again this year over Labor Day. Kids loved it!!! The water park had stuff for all ages and it was not very crowded. DD 7 loved Magicquest and cannot wait to do it again this time. They really have so many things do there to entertain kids of all ages other than just the water park. My only complaint was that the Pizza Hut they have there is way overpriced. I guess I just noticed this more than the prices of the other restaurants because we order pizza from Pizza Hut all of the time and know what it "should" cost :rolleyes:

I just took my Girl Scout troop to the one in Pa for one night and just got back last night! We had 11 girls and 4 adults and every girl had a BLAST!! They are all 12 yrs old. I thought everything was very clean. We had 3 rooms with no problems. We did the Breakfast deal which is $10pp for their buffet and that includes drink, tax & gratuity. Well worth it! They also loved the arcade!! :thumbsup2

Lauren :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter