OT - Great family summer holiday resort in Ontario

riu girl

DIS Veteran
Just wanted to share some info. about a great family holiday resort in Ontario.

www.sherkston.com .

It is located on Lake Erie maybe about 30 minutes from Niagara Falls.

Sherkston Shores offers 2 miles of nice beach, pools, hot tubs, water slides, tons of daily activities, fire works, restaurants, arcade, skate board park, basketball courts, activities for all ages etc etc etc. We just love it there and are hoping to go every year.

You can either camp (tent or trailer) or rent a mobile home (economy, standard and deluxe). Last summer we did a split stay between a standard and a deluxe mobile home.

We spent 8 nights there last summer and loved it. I have just booked us for 4 nights (deluxe) at the end of May this year (to celebrate DH's 40th birthday). We are going to combine it with a Niagara/marineland holiday.

If you book well before the spring the prices are much cheaper then if you book during their oeprating season (May-Oct)

Any questions, just ask away...

Suzy V.
:flower1:

Hi Suzy,

Thanks for posting this information...I am always on the lookout for great vacation spots for our family.

Would you be able to let me know if they have a planned children's activities throughout the day?

Thanks in advance,
Vivian

From what we saw last summer:
They hand out a weekly schd. that lists activities from 8:30am until about 11 pm at night during their busy season (the end of June until Labour Day weekend). There are a ton of activities for each age group. During the day they offer different sessions depending on the kids ages at a kids club (Bradley Bears Den). I think the Bradley Bears Den sessions are about 2 hours in length. They offer sessions for 4 and under (must be accompanied by an adult), 5-8, and 9-11 or 12 I think. Then they have a whole other part of the resort where there is a teen centre where numerous activities/sports/internet are offered for teenagers as well.

As I mentioned, during their busy season the activities are endless and it is hard to figure out what to do since there are so many choices. During the off season (May, most of June, Sept and Oct) the activities are very limited but the price is also much lower.

I think I still have a schd. somewhere from the week we were there last summer. PM me with your address if you want me to find it and mail it to you. It will give you a good idea of what a typical week is like.

There are also live shows/bands offered each night in the busy summer season, as well as outside movies once or twice a week. As I said, the activities never ended.

We can't wait to go back.

They also offer sessions throughout the resort during the day/afternoon/evening for families.

Suzy V.

I just wanted to give this a little bump for any DISers who may be looking for an inexpensive spring holiday. We are really looking forward to our mini getaway (4 nights) to Sherkston Shores in May and just wanted to let DISers know that they are currently offering some great spring specials. WDW it is not, but we love this place. www.sherkston.com
Suzy V.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter