OT - Grab bag question

crzykid

Mouseketeer
We are doing a grab bag this year sort of like white elephant but these gifts are to be new,not gag gifts and gender neutral. I brought up the idea of picking names so the person would get what they want but no they want it this way. They think it will be more fun for people to fight over the gifts. The limit is $20 and I am drawing a blank as to what to get. Does anyone have any ideas?
TIA

Popcorn tin, new dvd like POTC, crank flashlight for emergencies, throw, Hallmark ornament, photo album, picture frames, Red Cross emergency kit (used to sell these at Target, might still)

We do something similar (although there is no price limit set) and I agree it can be very aggrevating as you have to be gender neutral and so non specific it can be difficult. The things I have gotten in the past that seem to be well received are gadgety type things (not all of these were $20 some were towards $30). For example: a wet dry dust buster type vac, the scum scrubber-powered cleaning brush from black and decker, a steam powered cleaner, a small fire safe, a snake light when they were so popular, smaller George Foreman grill. These are things that I kinda wished I had but won't usually buy for myself. We have gotten and liked a really nice shower head, a coffee basket (DH loved this!), and a set of really fluffy nice towels (w/ gift receipt so i got to go get my color). This year I am doing a car care/emergency set (boiught last year after x-mas sales) and a sit in the chair type massager pad that DH really wants for himself. I usually pick out and buy the gift for both DH and me. An idea would be the black and decker electric scissors. They have been advertised a lot and look really cool-I want a pair-- and they are $19.99 at Target.

Board game like Trivial Pursuit or Cranium Pop 5 (I think it's called)

Movie basket with blockbuster gift card. Coffee basket with starbucks gift card.
Target has some neat gadgets like a digital tire gauge and tiny glove box umbrella. My favorite gag gift is a chia pet but you said no gag gifts allowed.
We had a dirty santa exchange and everyone fought over the toys that people brought like a barbie and a x-men toy.

fire extinguisher
bottle of wine/champagne
gift card
christmas cds
hot chocolate assortment with mugs/marshmallows/etc.
crystal bowl

The most hotly contested items this year were two pounds (different) of home made fudge in a decorative tin, and a pair whimsical decorative sheep for the mantle. (Could have gotten rid of 6 or 8 pairs of them if we could have gotten them.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter