OT: Geriatric Dog-Not Eating Well

My 10yr old girl decided recently to not like dry kibble. So i got her the soft moist packs. I mix those with a can of wet and she gobbles it right up. She just wont touch the kibble. I let her be picky... shes my pal :)
Good luck op! I hope the appetite picks up!

I would also take her to visit - for example, a painful tooth (whether from an infection or other dental problem) can cause eating to be painful for a dog, but can be treated.

As for food, after our dog was spayed (she is a middle aged dog - exact age unknown as she was a stray rescued by a wonderful organization), she refused to eat for a few days. We baked her chicken, cut up the pieces put it over rice and then drizzled warm chicken broth (from a can) over it - she ate that right up!!! Just warming up chicken broth and drizzling that over the top can make e food more appetizing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter