OT: Gas ...CT to MA, help

InstImpres

DIS Veteran
I need to go visit my Sister in Mass (outside Boston). I am not looking forward to the gas price and the possibility of finding a station on empty.

I usually take 684 to 84 to the Mass Pike. I will not be able to make it roundtrip without about an extra 1/4-1/2 tank. I can stop anywhere on the way up or fill up once I am there. If anyone can report prices along the way, I would appreciate it. There was a site I found at one point that listed prices everywhere but I can't find it any more.

TIA

If there is a BJ's on the way, they were at $2.99 today. That was the cheapest I saw.

Don't know how far you can make it before getting gas, but on the south shore the lowest i've seen is 3.09 :confused3 Good luck with the trip!

We have high prices in New England but no gas shortages.

Just plan on 3.50 a gallon and you should be okay

Brandy

No reported shortages here in this area. Last night the Citgo gas station directly off of 84 exit 68 had their prices still at 2.85. If it goes up the average in this area is 3.15.

In my experience it's cheaper (and most convenient) to gas up on the Mass Pike. You can zip off to the rest area and be back on the road quickly. Too much of a bother on 94.

If you're coming from the Boston side, the last stop before 84 is Charlton, I believe.

I make lots of trips back and forth the NY and usually the gas off exit 68 on 84 is the cheapest ... usually cheaper than the Mass Pike.

Yesterday when I filled up it was 3.09reg cheapest, 3.19reg highest

I agree with getting the gas on the Pike. I am constantly amazed how competitive the pricing there is. It used to be that the Pike was considerably higher than the off-pike stations, but now they are often cheaper.

You will pass a Service area just when you get on the pike in Sturbridge. There is also one westbound near the 84 for the trip home

you can always put a old water hose in the car and park by a nice looking van or truck to fill up. Just keep your car running incase someone see you. :confused3 :earseek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter