OT: Games for work picnic...help!

busy mom

Mouseketeer
I have been put in charge of "games" for our office picnic being held at a local park.

Any ideas for children and/or adults???

How about a good, old fashioned egg toss....

Or...if there is a way to tie strings to a horizontal pole... Tie a donut at the other end of the string, first one to finish their doughnut wins... Have to be able to adjust the height of the donut just correspond to the contestant. You want it just above their mouth AND no hands can be used

Cornhole (or Tailgate) is popular in my area. The boards are easy to make if you have someone handy. Or it seems like everyone I know has 3 sets, it's easy to borrow one around here.

http://www.cornholehowto.com/

I always loved Croquet as a kid, I thought it was fun. If you have enough space that can be cheap and easy to set up.

The last big picnic we went to had lots of different activities

egg and spoon race
three legged race
sack race
water balloon toss
tug of war
horseshoes
cornhole
volleyball
Snowman building - teams got a roll of toilet paper and had to dress one volunteer as a snowman with hat etc. Everyone was hysterical at the end results!
For the kids they also had face painting which was a hit
Good luck and have a great time!

Have everyone tilt their heads back and place an oreo on their forehead. First person to get the oreo in their mouth without using their hands wins.
Both easier and far more ridiculous than it sounds.

picking up marshmallows with a straw suckin on straw of course an moving marshmallows to another container the 1 who picks up an moves the most to other container is the winner.
Get the big fat straws from mcdonalds an mini marshmallows.

Hot potato.....tater in the hay stack

Minute to Win It games. NBC.com used to have a big list of games they used and instructions, but they must have taken it off their site. Search the web for them, though. I've done it twice for family camp with all ages, but was careful to choose ones that aren't way too difficult, and that used things I already had or were cheap.

Some that I've used were:
Penny Hose- put a penny in the foot of each leg of a pair of panty hose. Participants have to retrieve the pennies by sticking an arm in each leg- but one hand can't help the other hand.
Breakfast Scramble- cut the fronts of cereal boxes into 16 rectangles and the players have to reassemble them.
Pencil Flip(?)- don't remember the actual name. Start with one pencil (unsharpened!) balanced on the back of your hand. Toss it up into the air and catch it with your fingers. Keep adding pencils until they fail.

There are tons more if you look- and all have to be done in a minute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter