OT: Furniture store comforters

jeepgirl30

DIS Veteran
We recently purchased my DD9 new furniture from Roomful Express. While there she feel in love with a comforter. It is a periwinkle blue simmery comforter with white stars emborideried on.

I asked the sales lady and she said "oh honey you don't want to buy it here we charge way too much go to Kohls". I thanked her and made a comment to dd we could buy it directly instead. Then the clerk says she has no idea if that is where it came from or not but they have a decent selection.

Not quite the same thing! DD has her little heart set on finding something very similar if not exact. Anyone know where the furniture stores purchase their sets from?

Did you look for a tag on the comforter? Did it only have the store's information or was there any manufacturer info on there? Start here first. If that doesn't work, I'd take your dd to a fabric store that carries upholstery fabric. Go to a big one, there will be hundreds of fabrics on bolts in there, arranged in color families. See if you can find the fabric, something similar, or one that your dd likes. You can have made into a comforter (or do it yourself) for not too much money.

Did you look for a tag on the comforter? Did it only have the store's information or was there any manufacturer info on there? Start here first. If that doesn't work, I'd take your dd to a fabric store that carries upholstery fabric. Go to a big one, there will be hundreds of fabrics on bolts in there, arranged in color families. See if you can find the fabric, something similar, or one that your dd likes. You can have made into a comforter (or do it yourself) for not too much money.

You could also have a duvet cover made. My girls have a comforter, but we use a duvet cover on it, to let it change a lot

I would go back and see if you could buy the one that is on the bed as long as it is the right size. I know at stores around here they will sell the "floor samples" for cheap. I would check with a manager--you might be surprised at what you might be able to pay for it and your DD will be happy too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter