• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OT - For Saints Fans - Superbowl Ring Raffle

Phoenixblue

Mouseketeer
http://www.wdsu.com/news/23832923/detail.html

The Saints are having a raffle for a Superbowl ring to raise funds to help oil spill victims. :)

FORT JACKSON, La. -- The New Orleans Saints toured oil-affected areas of Plaquemines Parish on Tuesday, visiting with fishermen and announcing a plan to raise money for spill victims.

"It's definitely a very humbling experience. Whatever we can do to help out," tight end Jeremy Shockey said of the visit.

Fisherman Steven Hingle said nothing could keep him from seeing a group of guys he calls his heroes.

"They got my spirits up right now. How many times do you get to visit all the Saints players? Mr. Benson and all them, right? That's like a blessing you know," Hingle said.

Besides talking with fans and signing autographs, the team also saw the bird sanctuary where hundreds of oiled birds are being cleaned.

For Parish President Billy Nungesser, the visit from this group of champions will ultimately lead to a victory for the region.

"I think it reiterates what we need to do. We've got to keep focused and keep fighting. We're not going to lose Louisiana," Nungesser said.

New Orleans Saints players tour Plaquemines Parish on Tuesday and meet with people affected by the Gulf oil spill.

Quarterback Drew Brees told the crowd that the team will receive their Super Bowl rings soon, and some fan will get one just before the first regular season game.

The Saints plan to raffle a specially-made ring, with all funds going to aid victims of the Gulf of Mexico oil spill.

Tickets are $2 each, but buyers must make a minimum $10 order. The winner will be announced before the Sept. 9 regular-season game against Minnesota.

The Saints hope to raise $1 million through the effort.

I'm a Colts fan, but if I were to enter this I could say I have a SB ring.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter