OT: Fear Fest in Wonderland

tchan03

I have found my Cinderella
We're probably going this weekend, anyone went before and how was it?

Terence

I went last year, and just went this past sunday and it was amazing!! Considering I don't give wonderland all that much credit the rest of the year, they really pull off fearfest amazingly well.

The theming is amazing, and if you get lucky like us, zero lines. Maybe people forgot it was open on sinday, but when we went every single ride was walk on all night. We literally (no exagreration) did every single ride that was open at least once. And all the hanuted house once as well. (there are 6 or 7 of them)

The haunted houses are done really well, and the scarers are all unique, so just when you think you have them figured out, they change it up on you.

And those who really like rides, doing them with all the lights off is a whole new experience as well.

If your going to go, go as soon as you can. Lsst year when I went it was a lot closer to halloween, and the lines were long. We only got to do a few hanuted houses, and they didn't have the same feel because there were people in front and behind us. But this time because the crowds were low they kept gaps between groups, so you really got the "how do we get out of here" feeling.

Do it, you will not regret it. We went on the 2nd day of opening last year and there weren't very many people. This year we are going closer to Halloween so I expect there will be more people.

It is a whole different park when it's Fearfest, I actually enjoy it more than a regular Wonderland day.

This thread caught my eye :thumbsup2

We are leaving tonight to fly to Toronto for four days and were thinking of going on Sat afternoon, from what I can tell Spooktacular is in the afternoon and Fearfest is in the evening.

Now I am very excited :cool1:

Glad to hear some of you enjoyed the Fear Fest.
Just curious, which haunted house or night ride did you enjoy the most? :banana: Let me know the name

Maybe we should go for the best one first as soon as we enter the park!

Terence

(Sorry to hijack your thread)
Is it best to purchase tickets online beforehand? or at the gate?

The haunted houses aren't that great and they have really long lines. The haunted forest walk by the river rapids is supposed to be really good though.

And I would purchase tickets over the internet, no waiting in line. I'm not even sure if you can buy tickets at the gate this year.

I think there in busy season now that halloween is around the corner. We thought the hanuted houses were amazing and had zero lines. So there was never any one in front of behind our group which made everything a surprise. But i know when i went last year it didn;t have the same effect, because as with you there were long lines, and just a continuous stream of people going through, so you always saw what was coming up.

We went on Friday. We waited in line for 20 minutes to purchase tickets at the gate. Cost $34 each and we could have got them cheaper online and esp with the breakawaytours code.

The park was really fun and rides were only 20 minute wait. We went thru 5 mazes and the cornstalk one was the best. We saw the Funhouse FX movie and the Cm said it was the best one.

We went from 8 to 11 and we had enough. It was cool that night. Tons of teens. Not so many 30 somethings. We still had fun.

I would go again. :thumbsup2

We went yesterday (SaT) It was fun and worthwhile.

Too bad we didnt go to the Funhouse FX. (instead we went to one next to it : the Superstition ,which is not bad) . :3dglasses The line ups for rides are indeed very long
We waited like an hour for the Italian Job ride.

Wonderland did a good job of making the whole environment very foggy.

Terence

We were there Saturday night as well. I was a little disapointed with Fearfest this year as compared to last year. It was extremely busy this year and was actually busier than the 4 times I went this year in the summer.

The only great thing about the night was the fact we arrived early and were in the park by 6:45. There was almost nobody in the park from 6:45-8:30 as everyone was in line for parking ( I guess we just beat the rush). The haunted houses and walks are scary, but they surely aren't when a massive line of people is constantly walking through, no surprises. One other thing that was annoying was the massive amount of teens in the park that had no respect for others around them. I saw very few people 25+.

We will probably go again next year but will try for earlier in the month.

Has anyone been on a Sunday evening?

We are thinking of going today but are curious if there are going to be long wait lines because tomorrow is a school day.

Also how much is parking??? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter