OT - Fake Tsum Tsum

Carrie_Cat

I'm a Rive Gauche person
Just a reminder or a heads up concerning the Tsum Tsum.

Now that we are seeing them in other shops - Clinton Cards in the UK, La Grande Récré here in France (they have the same as Clintons atm and there is one at Val d'Europe) and Dreamland in Belgium. These are obviously all authentic.

The ones to avoid are the ones on ebay or any of the free selling sites.

A fake Tsum Tsum will be slightly different colored or with a different facial expression. A big give away though is those that have a chain attached to them or a loop on the top (where the chain has been taken off). And of course when you see a model that is not yet released through the official Disney outlets.

Here is a link showing examples

http://mytsumtsum.com/beware-of-fake-tsum-tsum-plushes/

and this one is a fake coming from ebay

http://www.tsumtsumtsum.com/?p=38

IMG_2369-300x200.jpg

Dreamland Belgium, are you serious? There are 2 very close to me *must go and have a look tomorrow*!

Hmm, stores on the French side of Belgium get a different range then on the Flemish side.
But will have a look tomorrow anyways, it's on my way to/from work.

Sorry for the double post ... But I went to a Dreamland store, and I find an Eeyore.
Since I had brought him from the US 4 months ago for someone else, I was upset I didn't get him myself, lol.

Good thing I didn't get him at Dreamland.
They may be real, because Nicotoys is responsible for most Disney plush (mainly the Animal Friends lines and baby plush toys).

But I immidiatly noticed that Eeyore's tail isn't like the original Disney ones.

This is the one from America.
He has a pink ribbon, and the felt from the tail is not that big, but nicely finished.

This is the one from Dreamland.
The ribbon is orange, and the felt from the tail is much bigger, and not so nicely finished with all the ones they had.

Interesting as going by the label the second one looks more authentic (hologram)

I noticed that the Clinton ones are also slightly different couleur wise and finishings. The Eeyore in La Grand Récré has a red bow so I'm buying from either the park or the Disney Store here. It's maybe daft but I like mine to say Tsum Tsum and have Disney parks on the labels sewn on - The cardboard labels I'm cutting off.

Thank you for the photos Moorhunhe - sorry that they aren't better with you :(

Certain Auchan (haven't seen them at VdE) and E.Leclerc have started stocking them as have La Fnac Kids (will go and check them out at 10.00) and on a French forum they have been spotted in a Primark but it's the other side of Paris to me so I won't be going.

I've also read that Kiabi has them too now.

They also obviously miss the fabric Disney tag, in these cases the fabric tag has the Nicotoys info on them.
I did buy the Marie the day before though at another Dreamland (2 in my neighbourhood), haha, yeah, couldn't help myself, and she didn't really look any different though (but probably does, I just can't see it then, lolz).

But for the rest on my list, I'll stick to a Disney park or store aswell.

I've also read that Kiabi has them too now.

They also obviously miss the fabric Disney tag, in these cases the fabric tag has the Nicotoys info on them.
I did buy the Marie the day before though at another Dreamland (2 in my neighbourhood), haha, yeah, couldn't help myself, and she didn't really look any different though (but probably does, I just can't see it then, lolz).

But for the rest on my list, I'll stick to a Disney park or store aswell.

Le Fnac Kids ones are the same as above - Nico toys - Simba toys - it says on the cadrboard tag.

The Marie that they have has a lot larger pink circles on her cheeks and less whiskers.

Will have to check out the Kiabi ones too :)

The Tsum Tsum sold in Clintons are made by posh paws, a different company to the ones sold at Disney Parks. I'll see if I can grab one like one I've bought from DLP and do a direct comparison. Posh Paws aren't usually the best quality plush.

I have some Posh Paws Lion King plush, I actually love them, haha.

I think they are a great alternative for people who can't order online, or get to the parks as much as some of us can.
As I don't think they will notice the differences like we do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter