OT: Elk neck state park

homemaker

Mouseketeer
We are headed to Elk Neck State Park in MD this weekend. We have never been there and I am looking for some reviews. Any info would be great. Thanks

We are headed to Elk Neck State Park in MD this weekend. We have never been there and I am looking for some reviews. Any info would be great. Thanks

We’ve only been once for a rv.net rally but this is one of DH’s favorite campgrounds. We have reservations to go back again next year for Memorial Day weekend. In the full hook up loop some of the sites are up or down hills so they are harder to maneuver. There is a nice beach area and the walk to the lighthouse is very peaceful. There's also a nice stocked store that has a little diner thing in it where you can get snacks like sandwiches, fries & ice cream Here's my photos - http://classic.kodakgallery.com/ledmanfamily/camping/elk_neck_state_park?

We haven't camped there yet (since we just bought our first camper a few weeks ago) but have gone there many times just for the day. Lots to do and the kids love exploring everything!

Thanks for the info. about this park. It seems like a nice place to camp.

lledman: Your photos are great. Thank you!

Pretty basic campground if you're used to private campgrounds with lots of activities and amenities. I liked that the sites were spread out on the full hookup loop. I didn't like that we had to drive to a fishing pier and there were lots of ticks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter