OT-Dumb Knoebel's question

Karalea

DIS Veteran
I will be taking my 3 nephews to Knoebel's when I visit in July. I am trying to decide whether to go POP ($37 each including coasters) or buy ticket books.

My question is: What are the value on the tickets in the books? Some rides are .75 & some $1.25. Seems like the tickets must have some strange values. :confused3 Does the ride give "change" so to speak? I guess I don't understand how it works.

The only time I remember using ticket books for rides was at the fair growing up and then each ride was either 1 or 2 tickets. Not these strange $ amounts.

I am thinking it would be more economically to buy the books especially since we would be going during the week and will get a discount. 1 of the boys will not go on the bigger rides:sick:

The bargain night doesn't work for us as they live almost 2 hours away.

I'd do the tickets. While none of us are huge coaster riders (usually one or two rides on the Phoenix each trip), it would be pretty hard to spend $37 per person in tickets in one day.

I know my local AAA office used to sell the $5 books of tickets for $4.50 each.

$10 ticket books have strips of tickets valued 10 cents to 50 cents. There are 10 50-cent tickets, 20 20-cents, and 20 10-cents in each book. I think they sell them at a reduced price per book.

I've taken my daughter to Knoebels on $20 tickets and always came home with some tickets (have a book here with $1.20 in front of me). Tickets don't expire, and she plans on going with friends this summer - have to remember to send them along.

I was just checking our township park/recreations summer discount ticket prices. The parks & recreations depts (don't have to be a resident) throughout PA sell the all-day tickets (valid M-F) at a reduced price.
Adult $26.00 (reg. 29.50) child under 48" $16.00 (reg. 19.50).
Upgrade to include coaster option, available at the park only, add $7.50 adult or $5.00 child.

I was just checking our township park/recreations summer discount ticket prices. The parks & recreations depts (don't have to be a resident) throughout PA sell the all-day tickets (valid M-F) at a reduced price.
Upgrade to include coaster option, available at the park only, add $7.50 adult or $5.00 child.

Actually, I just found out that Wegman's sells discounted tickets for about that price.

The books of tickets seem like they would be a pain for 3 kids. I may buy a few tickets for myself,sister and 18 month old nephew and let the big boys have all day tickets.

Thank you!

I would do tix!!! We went a few weekend ago and did hand stamps one day and tix another. If the park is empty- which it NEVER is in July... the hand stamps work but more then likely the ride lines will be 30-45+ min. There are only so many rides that you can get on on a crowded day. When we went we were there from open to close and I would say we broke even with the hand stamp but that was with low crowds. Save your money for all the yummy treats and goodies!!! Oh- and games. My boys like to play the games too. HAVE FUN!!!!:goodvibes

If the kids in your family are the type to want to ride a ride over and over, go for the bracelet. We took our boys there last year and spent a fortune on tickets. Each ride on the roller coaster was 4.50 (2 boys) well after 7 or 8 rides in row...we were in the poor house (over 2 hundered in tickets for 2 and half days). If your kids just like the cheap kiddie rides, then go with the tickets.

I take my kids every summer and have always done the hand stamp and assumed it was a bargain . Last year, one of my students gave me a book of tickets as an end of the year gift. I couldn't believe how long they lasted. We were able to make 2 or 3 trips!!!! The tickets are DEFINITELY the way to go!

I know I just told you to do pay one price if the kids are doing roller coasters, but I thought of something else.

The year before when we took the boys they didn't do roller coasters and the first day we were there I bought the hand stamp. the place was sooooo crowded and the lines were very long. We didn't think much about it.

The next day when we went back they weren't offering the stamp, so we had to get tickets and it wasn't very crowded at all. Then we began to think about what we "spent" on rides the day before. We agreed that when it is very crowded and lines are long you are better off with stamp than tickets.

But again, if your kids are into the coasters they add up very quickly!!!

So, look at what rides your kids are likely to go on and crowd levels.

Knoebels is defiantly the biggest hidden Gem of the Northeast.

My wife and I took our 4 wee ones (2, 4, 8, 9) camping for a few nights there.

http://www.knoebels.com/

I can’t begin to tell you what a great time we had. This is an old time amusement park with classic and new rides with a campground.
I have never tasted any better food at any park better then at this place. My wife and I would giggle every time we paid for anything because of the value. We live near the Boardwalks in NJ and everything there is so expensive, so paying $20 for all of us to eat Breakfast and have food left over is a pleasant surprise. The one thing that was really disappointing about our stay was that I didn’t have a chance to try all their food.

The admission into the park is FREE, FREE parking and FREE entertainment. It seems that a lot of the campers would watch the evening show at the park then head back to the camp fires.
The camping at their campground is tight and no privacy. You are right on top of your neighbors, but the ease of walking right to the park is way worth it with 4 wee ones.

This place is defiantly a hidden gem and we will be making it a yearly visit. For such an unknown place, it has won many awards, even beating out the Mouse.

(Golden Ticket Awards)
http://www.knoebels.com/pdfs/GoldTix07.pdf

We go every year, and they have a deal if you go to the main office on ticket books. They will give you $100.00 worth of tickets for $85.00 (15% discount) These usually last us as a family of three for 2-3 years. Remember that Knoebels tickets never expire..... :cool1:

If kids are little - books are good...

If kids are older.... Stamps are better as no tickets to fuss with and better value for coasters or the multiple skloosh rides they'll wanna take.:rolleyes1

My take on games (waste of money). I can remermber going down the shore and watching one of my friends blow over $40 for a stupid stuffed animal.

The only game worth anything is the loillipop draw where you at least get the candy....

I usually get a bracelet for my dd and then just a book for dh and myself (even then we usually bring home a few tickets)

May I ask which township that is? I'm hoping it's near where one of my friends or relatives lives! (We live right on the Lehigh/Berks border!)

You can also buy lower amounted discount books cheaper at the stand. If purchased during the week, it's cheaper than getting thru AAA. I'll be there in about a month for our weekly camping trip - YEAH

You can also buy lower amounted discount books cheaper at the stand. If purchased during the week, it's cheaper than getting thru AAA. I'll be there in about a month for our weekly camping trip - YEAH
I looked on their website and it says discounted tix. are available only if you buy $150 or more :confused3

We bought the bracelets a few years ago and just about broke even. DH doesn't do any rides that spin, but I do, so it might make sense to get tickets this time this summer. The tickets are a bit of a pain, I would think, since you have to count them out for every ride. The bracelet you just flash your wrist and go. We rode the Phoenix 3 or 4 times, the Twister a few times, and I rode the Scrambler and tea cups till I thought I would be sick. :) Figuring in the cost of my rides, I would have spent $40+ in tickets, but DH would have spent considerably less. With the 2 of us, though, as I said, we broke even with the pay one price.

May I ask which township that is? I'm hoping it's near where one of my friends or relatives lives! (We live right on the Lehigh/Berks border!)

I am not sure which township that poster is referring too, but I live in Muhlenberg Township (Berks County) and our parks and rec office has the discounted tix!

Muhlenberg Twp, less than 20 miles from the county line (It's about 26.5 to Dorneypark), just off Route 222 south in Temple.

I usually get the bracelets for my kids. My husband and I don't go on the rides. Stoehmann Bread has a coupon for $4.00 off the bracelet price. It's one coupon per person. I like Knoebels because I don't have to pay to get in since I don't go on the rides.

I looked on their website and it says discounted tix. are available only if you buy $150 or more :confused3

Monday thru Friday 15%
$5.00 ticket book for $4.25
$10.00 ticket book for $8.50

They also have a $20 book, which you get for $17. This is what I buy for myself and then get sundown plan with coasters for DD. These prices were cheaper than my local AAA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter