• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OT: Drinking Apple Cider Vinegar to Cure What Ails You?

MEM

DIS Veteran
Does anyone subscribe to this home remedy? After my third cold of the winter, a colleague told me she takes one tablespoon of ACV in a large glass of water morning and evening and never catches colds! She said most people will add a T of honey to the mixture.

Just curious to see what others have experienced. BTW, I am not advocating this in lieu of medical attention. In my case, my doctor said she can't help me because its a virus...or one of 10,000 rhino-viruses to be exact.

My mom and I tried this - but neither of us noticed a difference. But after my herbalist did a reading on me she said it wasn't for me????

You cannot just get the ACV you get at the store. You have to get the ACV with the "mother" in it. You can get it at health food stores or I have even found it in the organic section at Kroger -- it will look cloudy.

As for the honey -- you need to look for honey collected in your area. The correlation is that the bees use the pollen is your area hence it will help with your allergies etc.

I used to not believe in this stuff. My DR. sent me to an herbalist after not being able to treat me with regular meds after 3 years of no success. 4 months on herbal remedys -- labs are showing improvements. -

Here's a cheap cure for adult acne: vitamin C - go figure it works

My mother does it and swears by it. She's hardly ever sick.
She swears that it has helped her to lose weight too. She puts
a tablespoon in warm water every morning and drinks it like a tea.

I keep saying I need to do it.

Jackie:thumbsup2

I've been drinking it for heartburn/reflux issues. I have to say that I've been able to stop taking Nexium. I was afraid I'd be on that forever!

My mother does it and swears by it. She's hardly ever sick.
She swears that it has helped her to lose weight too. She puts
a tablespoon in warm water every morning and drinks it like a tea.

I keep saying I need to do it.

Jackie:thumbsup2

I meant to add this ... It really does not taste bad when you make it like a tea -- you can add lemon juice (fresh lemons) also. Like I said, it did not do anything for me - but then again the herbalist said this was not right for me -- she also took me off about every supplement I was taking.

Does anyone subscribe to this home remedy? After my third cold of the winter, a colleague told me she takes one tablespoon of ACV in a large glass of water morning and evening and never catches colds! She said most people will add a T of honey to the mixture.

Just curious to see what others have experienced. BTW, I am not advocating this in lieu of medical attention. In my case, my doctor said she can't help me because its a virus...or one of 10,000 rhino-viruses to be exact.

They usually recommend this for people with heartburn/gas problems. But I know many people who drink it as a preventative medicine. Ofcourse, don't mind me we're a family of hippies:hippie:

Here's a cheap cure for adult acne: vitamin C - go figure it works

Really? How much? I never had acne as a teen, but I'm making up for it in my old age.

My Mom was doing this along with Grape juice to lower her cholesterol.

It seemed to work for her. :confused3

Really? How much? I never had acne as a teen, but I'm making up for it in my old age.

Found this trick when we were in WDW in Dec. I was the same as you. As soon as I had DD, I started getting adult acne. Tried everything. Proactiv -- garbage. Loreal adult acne did do some good along with the soap I get from Bathos. Well, when we were in Disney I started to get a cold -- I started taking 2 Vit C tablets in am and 2 Vit C tablets in pm. In 2 days -- my face totally cleared up. Got back to Tn, stopped taking Vit C... started getting zits again. I went to my dr. for reg. appointment and told her about this.. My conclusion: I am allergic to Tennessee and must move to Florida. She went through everything with me and asked what I did different. She asked if I was drinking more OJ or anything... came down to the Vitamin C.... so now I am taking the Vit C (1 in am and 1 pm) and using the Bathos soap and face is finally clear like pre baby days. This is a whole lot cheaper (my mom said she heard it was good for fighting off wrinkles too)

If you can in injest apple cider vinegar, :worship: KUDOS to you!:scared:

I drink green tea straight (most people I know cannot choke it down) and I can't even stand the smell of apple cider vinegar.

Well, I guess I am off to take some Vitamin C!!:thumbsup2 And the vinegar, well, I am hardly ever sick, and I certainly don't drink vinegar. But, I guess I don't see how it can hurt. I really think some people's immunities are better than other's.

I have got to throw my 2 cents in here. I just got over the worst cold in my life!! I was seriously "in bed" for 3 1/2 days. I had a very dry hacking non-productive cough that no cough syrup was attacking. I remembered something my MIL had done and searched on the internet for more information and found it.
2 TBSP water
1 TBSP honey
1 TBSP ACV
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
I would make it in double and triple batches and take 3-4 spoonfuls several times a day. (Wtih my nose plugged...of course!! :rotfl2: ) And by the end of the day I could cough enough to clear my throat!! It seriously does work, but it does taste really nasty!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter