OT: ChaCha

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone chacha just for disney? that is why I started but now I may just use it for christmas.

I do! All the money I make on ChaCha goes towards our vacation. DH will not get a great bonus this year so I decided to ChaCha so we can still go. I'm sure once I have paid off Disney I will keep doing it to bring in extra money as I can easily make $500 a month :cool1: if I am a top guide.

I've been logged on for about a half an hour and still nothing. I've got around 8 questions for the week. They simply aren't coming to me for some reason. I've read all the suggested threads, and tried all the tricks. I guess it's just the luck of the draw.

I know I'm not the only one because I read the forum and many others are complaining of the same thing. It's not really worth it to me to log on each day hoping for hours to get something, and then get so upset when nothing happens. Talk about stress!! LOL

I wish it would pick up. I just spent the last $200 of my ChaCha money last night on groceries. It was supposed to be money for Christmas. :( Oh well. What can ya do?

I hope it picks up and stays there for everyone else. If I can't make any money at least someone can. Good luck!!! :wizard:

does anyone chacha just for disney? that is why I started but now I may just use it for christmas.

Oh yes! ::yes:: That is exactly why I am doing the ChaCha right now. So far, I have made $600 for our trip and I am trying to make another $400 if all of the bugs get worked out. This is souvenir money for me and my family! :teeth:

i'm chacha'ing to pay for my vacation as well, although i do use the money for necessities and bills if needed. i'm also using the money for christmas gifts, so at the current question rate, my vacation may NEVER be paid off, lol. our spending money, gas money, tolls and mousekeeping tips are taken care of, thank goodness (thank you sunshine rewards!).

Is anyone b2b today? I have a ton of interests and was b2b earlier in the week but today has been terrible. I'm glad my 200 was finished earlier, good luck to those still working toward 200.

I was b2b last night, and was getting them fairly frequently this a.m. I had errands to run, so I logged off and now I'm not getting ANY! I only need 5 more to make my 200. I missed TG last week, so I'd really like to get back on it come Thursday. I'm going to be so mad if I miss it by 5 (FIVE!) questions! I have to leave in an hour, and won't be home til after midnight. So, if you hear screaming, it'll be coming from me!

I made TG my first and second of doing ChaCha.

Last week I needed 57 more queries, never got them.

This week I need 51 more queries. I have sat at my computer for hours on end doing busy work waiting for them. It doesn't look like I will get them this week either. :(

Question: of the two queries I've had today, on the first I clicked accept and it never came up. The second said I took too long. Should I send FB and if so, who does it go to?

Still having problems here too. I've only made $1.20 since early this morning! I've cleared cookies, cache, logged in and waited, logged out a few times and back in. . .nothing! I am keeping my fingers crossed it will get better. :teeth:

It would be interesting to see if people are back to back on the same computer. I have been b2b for 3 days now. So if someone else logged in on my computer would they be b2b like me? That would certainly give some insight on server vs. keywords issue.

This was probably wrong to do but I sent in a query that I have listed in my categories. It was a "who is" which I know most people don't like but I wanted to see what would happen.

They changed the spelling of the person's name, a famous person I might add, and gave me the info on that other person. As a real IS I would be mad that they gave me bad information and wasted 1 of my 20 questions.

I googled the celeb's name myself and the entire first results page is full of links about him.

I know something's "off" now. :sad2:

It would be interesting to see if people are back to back on the same computer. I have been b2b for 3 days now. So if someone else logged in on my computer would they be b2b like me? That would certainly give some insight on server vs. keywords issue.

It's either servers or a conspiracy. I was B2B on Wednesday until I got Vista's blue screen of death and since then ... nothing but crickets chirping. So I know my categories were right then. Actually since then I've added a few and still, nothing but chirping crickets.

:surfweb:

Not sure if this is true or not, but I just read on the forums that as soon as someone (in the know) posts what's really going on with ChaCha, a mod deletes the post and sends the user a severe warning.

If this is true, I don't get why ChaCha would want to keep its guides in the dark! :confused: :confused3

ETA: When I tried to ask why mods would delete posts and warn guides who try to post about what is really going on, the poster who mentioned the post deletions replied to my question with the same post, and I quote: Any posts pertaining to what's really going on are deleted and then you'll be sent a warning, a severe warning. So asking the forums for answers is a dead end. Sorry.

I am not "in the know" but I truely think they are having money problems and are trying to limit their guide payroll. In October they had 17 million q's and if you say it is at least .14 per question for them (.10 for generalist and .04 for exp), they paid out over 2 million just in guide pay. They were only given 16 million in start up funds for the SMS project ( I read that somewhere, do not remember where at the moment.) Also, they have yet to make a profit..... All of that spells trouble in this economy. :confused3

I just hope it holds out for me to pay for my trip in May ;)

I don't want to jinx myself.. but I'm an exp and questions are finally coming through quickly now. Not quite b2b but very consistently and quickly for the last hour or so.

I was pretty b2b this weekend until it kicked me out sunday afternoon. Just a couple an hour then. Something has to be up! Right now, I'm sitting pretty dead.

I was pretty steady over the weekend, but I never logged out (just set myself away). I had to log out in order to bring my laptop back to work, and now I've got nothing.

To the person who asked about chachaing for Disney, that's my plan after I pay off my credit card. I'm down to $1800 from $7000 in August and will pay it off if I can make $700 chachaing this month. That seems unlikely right now.

I was pretty steady over the weekend, but I never logged out (just set myself away). I had to log out in order to bring my laptop back to work, and now I've got nothing.

To the person who asked about chachaing for Disney, that's my plan after I pay off my credit card. I'm down to $1800 from $7000 in August and will pay it off if I can make $700 chachaing this month. That seems unlikely right now.
If it makes you feel any better - I was logging on and off all weekend and was b2b a lot - it is slow today - I don't think logging off has anything to do with it.

If it makes you feel any better - I was logging on and off all weekend and was b2b a lot - it is slow today - I don't think logging off has anything to do with it.

That does make me feel better! I was getting jealous of the folks who can just stay logged in all of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter