OT Cedar Point Top Thrill Dragster video

Coasterguy

YetiMan from the Boat. Roller Coasters and Ice Cre
Since everyone liked the pics, here's a short video of Top Thrill Dragster in action.

Hey Kimberly, see how short the ride is. You can even keep your eyes closed the whole time. ;) Really, if you can ride Millenium Force you can ride this one too.

Top Thrill Dragster

Very cool! I just love the thrill of that takeoff! Wish we could get there this year, but don't have the time off or finances due to our big Disney trip in Sept. I'm sure we'll make it next year though.

ROFL!! Um, thanks Stephen! I think :rolleyes:

Hear that girl screaming in the first clip even AFTER the ride is over?? Yeah, that's ME! :rotfl2:

I once actually did that on one of those launch tower type rides :rolleyes: Screamed and screamed and screamed (of course with my eyes closed)!! My son finally elbows me and says, "Mom, the ride is OVER!" I open my eyes and there I am on the ground with all these people STARING at me!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Oh my word! I just wanted to die right there.

But yeah, maybe I will give it a try! But I think I'll send my 9 DS on it first to see how he handles it! ROFL!

i remember watching a video of this on TV over here in the UK on a show about thrill rides and on this video most of the time it was on this person sitting next to them telling you about the ride before it went off and when it did it just looked like a cartoon where the character is on a spinning ride and their face stretches back... that's what happened to the guy you can just see the skin on his cheeks stretching back and flapping due to the speed...

marypops! said:
that's what happened to the guy you can just see the skin on his cheeks stretching back and flapping due to the speed...

LOL! That doesn't sound too appealing to this girl!! Maybe I won't ride this afterall.... Not looking forward to having my cheeks "flapping"! Too funny!

threeboysmom said:
I once actually did that on one of those launch tower type rides :rolleyes: Screamed and screamed and screamed (of course with my eyes closed)!! My son finally elbows me and says, "Mom, the ride is OVER!" I open my eyes and there I am on the ground with all these people STARING at me!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Oh my word! I just wanted to die right there.
Actually, Funny thing is, my mom rode Space Mountain the first year it was open at WDW. She got on it, held on to the lap bar and closed her eyes before it even started. She held on so tight throughout the ride that her knuckles were white. Even after the ride finished, she sat there frozen while still holding on. They ride operators had to say "Ma'am, the ride is over. You can get off now. Ma'am? You need to get off now." My dad had to pry her hands off of the bar. She's never went on another coaster.

LOL, if I can get DS B or DS Darth on it maybe Pink will follow? lol
These descriptions just make me think of riding coasters where you got a little misting.. You went so fast that with the mist and the gel in your hair, when you got off, the hair was frozen sticking straight up in the air in the front. Wish I had a camera...
I am REALLY looking forward to this now.... LOL
Thanks a bunch for the endorsement and the pics! They are outstanding!

Coasterguy said:
Since everyone liked the pics, here's a short video of Top Thrill Dragster in action.

Hey Kimberly, see how short the ride is. You can even keep your eyes closed the whole time. ;) Really, if you can ride Millenium Force you can ride this one too.

Top Thrill Dragster

Nice clip! But now I'm a bit disappointed. I thought the drop was straight down, I didn't know it twists. I'd still ride it a gazillion times though!

qruthie (the 'q' is silent)

qruthie said:
Nice clip! But now I'm a bit disappointed. I thought the drop was straight down, I didn't know it twists. I'd still ride it a gazillion times though!

qruthie (the 'q' is silent)

We waited and rode it once from the front. Because of the supports it feels like you're threading the needle as you drop down through them. It's still a 90 degree drop though. I prefer sitting near the back on Rocket Coasters because you get pushed out of your seat as you go over the Top Hat.

Someone asked about Kingda Ka vs TTD. Kingda Ka is 456' and goes 128, it also has over the shoulder restraints. Not sure if I'd get the same thrill. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter