• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OT--CAA Membership?

pta-mom

<font color=deeppink>The three-second rule does no
Does anyone have a CAA membership and aside from the car coverage, what else do you get from it? We keep hearing that you can get discounts in Orlando and so we were wondering if it was worth it for us to get one.

Opinions?

We have the basic and RV coverage since it seems that we are always pulling the camper or boat everywhere during the summer. If you only have one lock-out or other service needed each year it will likely pay for itself. There's all the travel info, maps, etc. too. Many places give you a discount like hotels- I usually save 20 bucks off Park and Ride when we go to WDW. I find it's well worth having.:)

for example we were recently at gatorland and we recieved 20% off gate price..if you go to there site look under travel and it will list discounts...park passes etc...

I get my travel medical/trip canc./interruption from them. Hotel discounts, but if you are staying on site at WDW and they have a promo, the WDW discount is always better.
At Universal, you get I think it's 20% off food and purchases in their gift shops. Someone correct me please if the % is wrong. If you go to Premium Outlets, show your card and get their discount coupon book.

You can also get discounted rates at hotels and motels, and certain attractions such as museums in Canada. If you have trouble starting your car in the winter they will come and help you out. If you lock your keys in your car, they will come and open your car.

Does anyone have a CAA membership and aside from the car coverage, what else do you get from it? We keep hearing that you can get discounts in Orlando and so we were wondering if it was worth it for us to get one.

Opinions?

For benefits in the Orlando area, you can visit the AAA South's website for CAA Members (officially CAA-Québec Members, but I'm sure the other provinces are eligible).

http://www.aaasouth.com/caa_quebec.asp

I get my travel medical/trip canc./interruption from them. Hotel discounts, but if you are staying on site at WDW and they have a promo, the WDW discount is always better.
At Universal, you get I think it's 20% off food and purchases in their gift shops. Someone correct me please if the % is wrong. If you go to Premium Outlets, show your card and get their discount coupon book.

I think it may be 10% with CAA, but there are coupons on www.orlandocoupons.com to get 20% off at some Citywalk restaurants!

Love the coupon books at premium/prime!
:banana:

I think it may be 10% with CAA, but there are coupons on www.orlandocoupons.com to get 20% off at some Citywalk restaurants!

Love the coupon books at premium/prime!
:banana:

Yes! thanks, I did get that book for City Walk, that's prob why 20% sticks in my head. It was 10% at the counter service Universal restaurants. First day I kept forgetting to show card and ask for discount.

We've used the CAA discount for room-only WDW resort reservations at least 3 times... whenever we can't get a better deal. You can get the room-only discount without going through a CAA travel agent (unlike the package discounts) so it's easy to apply when booking by phone with WDW.

I also use the Park N Fly discount, for parking at the airport, regularly.

And I've learned it never hurts to ask, when buying anything anywhere, "Do you offer a CAA discount?" In the US, ask "Do you offer a Triple-A discount?" because they won't recognize the words "CAA" but I've never had them refuse to honor my CAA card if there is, in fact, a discount.

I have booked my 3 trips to Disney through CAA. You get some extra's through them like Storeytime at the Magic Kingdom. You also get get a few discounts but one of the perks is the Diamond Parking card. We rented a car and with Parking card you get preferred parking at the parks. There are a few rows reserved and just by showing the card you get to park much closer to the entrances. CAA has also helped with changing flats, locking my keys etc.
Well worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter