OT, but does anyone like Little House on the Prairie or American Girl?

stepmommyof1

Mouseketeer
I have recently gotten into Little House on the Prairie, never watched it before. Its si sweet and wholesome and cute! Some of them make me cry. lol. I love Pa, and I especially love Albert the kid they adopted he is such a sweetheart. Laura is awesome too. I can't decide if I like the older or newer episodes better.

Also I always collected American Girl dolls (even tho Im 26, lol- Ive been collecting since I was about 9 years old). I think they're so cute, and I love all the teeny tiny accessories. And I love that they are each from a different time period in American history.

When I was younger I loved American Girls. My favorite was Molly, I was actually out the other day and found the Molly movie so I bought it, out of the series it's the best one I've seen (but I haven't seen the Kit movie yet). I still own the books, I never had any of the dolls, but I had the doll that looked like you. I've noticed there is a new girl, Rebecca whose Jewish, I think her's would be an interesting read (I like learning about different religions).

I grew up watching Little House on the Prairie! What a wonderful series. In my area, it's shown every day at 5:00. So, while I'm cooking dinner, my kids and I watch it together. They love it as much as I do. We have the set of books, too, and love reading them together.

My DD (now 15) used to be heavily into watching Little House on the Prairie a few years back. I actually sewed her a prairie girl costume one Halloween, with LHOTP as her inspiration. She used to wear it around the house all the time. It really is a nice series. It originally was on t.v. when I was a kid but I hadn't really watched it. I used to enjoy it when I watched it with DD though.

I grew up watching Little House on the Prairie and loved the show and books! I still enjoy seeing a re-run when I can catch one.

My dd liked AG when she was younger. I thought that the whole AG concept was a good one, providing a quality, keepsake doll and tying that in with historic stories. My dd is no longer into AG but has kept her dolls.

Kind of OT: If you like Little House on the Prairie, give The Waltons a try. It's a good, family friendly show too.

I have always loved the Little House on the Prairie series and still watch it on occasion.

I neve collected American Girl though. I'm not sure when they started, but I think they started coming out after I was too old for them.

I watched Little House when I was a kid, have seen every episode, have the books and the DVD's - LOL! Even my kids love Little House. I'm too old to have been into American Girl Dolls, but my younger girls are into them.

I used to watch Little House all the time when I had cable! I still catch a few episodes on Netflix sometimes when I'm home sick. :thumbsup2

Another good Little House type series is Love Comes Softly by Janette Oke. It's a book series (8 books total, I think) and the Hallmark Channel made them into movies - Katherine Heigl is in a few of them, AND, as a Little House tie-in, the movies were directed & produced by Michael Landon, Jr. :goodvibes

I read the books as a boy and we watched the series as a family growing up. The both did a wonderful job talking about issues, actions, responsibilities and consequences. I really wish that there was something like this available in a more contemporary style for my boys. Shows that focus on family and personal responsibility.

I love Little House and think I know every line to every episode! The only ones I don't especially care for are the Little House: A New Beginning episodes. Most of those are too dark and depressing for me.

I LOVE The Little House On The Prairie series. The books are truly so much better though. I suggest you look into those if you really like it.

Ok, I admit. I am totally lame. I have all the seasons of Little House on DVD. I just love the Olesons!

Ok, I admit. I am totally lame. I have all the seasons of Little House on DVD. I just love the Olesons!

Nellie was such a brat!! :lmao: I loved that show!!! And the books are the best!!! I love On the Banks of Plum Creek :goodvibes

Another Little House fan, books and series. I didn't care for the newer version though. I loved the Michael Landon series. I aslo recently saw the Broadway musical which stars Melissa Gilbert as Ma. That was really good also. Her son is in the play also, he plays Willie Olsen and another character.

I wish we could see LHOTP on tv. We have only network television. We checked out the library's one DVD of it and it made me nostalgic for family friendly tv! There are so few things on network TV that my kids can watch. So they are stuck with PBS Kids, game shows, and Dancing with the Stars. DWTS is not entirely family friendly but we got hooked on it when Shawn Johnson was on- and I'm not sure they understand most of what Bruno says. But even some of the commercials on during that are a little too much!

DD8 wants to have a LHOTP birthday party. Not sure how to decorate for that, but I told her that her only gift would have to be a cornhusk doll or something!

I'm a Little House fan as well. I don't think I have missed one episode. I own the set of DVD's and the set of books. I went to Laura Ingalls Wilder Grade School in South Dakota. I also saw the traveling broadway show of it starring Melissa Gilbert. I loved that so much that I became emotional. I enjoy it more when the family was young. Nellie sure is a hoot!

For those interested, Allison Arngrim (Nellie Oleson) has a book coming out this week that's supposed to be all about her experiences on set. I can't say the whole name here on the DIS, but it's called "Confessions of a Prairie _____." I can't wait to read it! :)

Hey, thanks for posting about the book. I will have to go find it. I bet it will be pretty funny.

I LOVED Little House when I was little. My second grader read all of the books over the fall and still rattles off stuff from the books. We are slowly watching the TV series. She still likes to re-read them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter