• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OT--Budget Fun Frolic prizes

Lovin' Disney

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone,

We are in charge of prizes for our elementary school's Halloween Fun Frolic. Does anyone have any ideas for cheap, but fun, prizes besides candy? I have looked in the oriental trading catalog and have some ideas, but I was hoping to figure out something I could buy locally instead.

What do kids like? Each game costs a quarter, so we don't want to go over that amount per prize.

Any suggestions would be mucho appreciated. Thanks!

McDonald's sells the halloween booklets of coupons usually for $1 each. Each booklet comes with maybe around 10-12 coupons in it for a free hamburger, free ice cream, free fries, etc. You can get a couple of booklets and give out one or two coupons per prize, maybe? We get them for the trick or treaters around here.

Walgreen's has halloween pencils 10/$1. Tatoos also go over very good and they are super cheap.

How about little tiny gourds that look like pumpkins? My DDs love them because they can use markers to decorate them easily.

McDonald's sells the halloween booklets of coupons usually for $1 each. Each booklet comes with maybe around 10-12 coupons in it for a free hamburger, free ice cream, free fries, etc. You can get a couple of booklets and give out one or two coupons per prize, maybe? We get them for the trick or treaters around here.

I was going to suggest the same thing. Kids love McD's. Wendy's usually has those coupon books also except they are for a child size Frosty.

Thanks, I will check out McD's for coupons. We don't have a Wendy's within 2 hours of us. :( We have a ton of pencils and erasers and are considering tattoos. Any other ideas?

I've never been in charge of purchasing the prizes, but we just had a Back to School fair and had candies (tootsie rolls, sweet tarts, etc), pencil erasers, little foam type airplanes (the ones you put together and last 5 minutes -haha), tatoos, plastic rings, pencil grips, and maybe a couple I can't think of. I do know we usually use Oriental Trading co. Their prices are good and it's convenient for us. We also charge .25/game and try to keep it very low cost. Actually this year we had left overs from previous years so we sort of cleaned out the closet if you will.

How about friendship bracelets, beaded necklaces, glow sticks or bracelets, mini bubbles and mini play doh? Many of these things can be found in multipacks at Dollar Tree.

Check out your stores for 75%/90% school supply & summer clearances for novelty pencils, pens, & erasers.
Also:
Mini bubbles
Glow-stick
Plastic Spider
Stickers
Play money
Mini Playdough
Stamps
Notepads
Slime
Vampire teeth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter