OT - Birthday Party Activities?

laughinplace199

<font color=blue>AKA Shrimpo or Flamingo Legs<br><
We are having DS8's birthday party at home and there will be about 10 second grade boys attending. Before you ask, no, I don't know what I was thinking but the invitations have gone out so it's too late now! :scared1:

He wants a Ninja Turtle theme and I thought they'd play for a while and then watch a Ninja Turtle movie while they eat pizza. After that, I want to have some games or a craft or something for them to do, but I'm at a loss. They could play charades or something like that. I'd love to hear from anyone who has suggestions for fun indoor games for the 7-8 yr old age group.

Thanks!

Hmmm, at that age I usually bought something like a Lego kit, we did race cars one time that they built, raced, then took home instead of a loot bag.

If you're daring, you could do something like making slime, decorating their own cupcakes, etc. I always find boys in this age group harder to plan for!

Hmmm, at that age I usually bought something like a Lego kit, we did race cars one time that they built, raced, then took home instead of a loot bag.

If you're daring, you could do something like making slime, decorating their own cupcakes, etc. I always find boys in this age group harder to plan for!

Funny, because I was thinking of letting them decorate cupcakes and just a few minutes ago thought about making slime! I must be crazy.

Boy mom here, and one just turned 8. They like crafts that involve food so the cup cakes are perfect. Try to have weird, wild colors and sprinkles. Slime is also great!!!! If you have a nice container to send some home with each kid, there is your treat. Also letting them decorate two cup cakes and eating one and sending one home is also a way to eliminate buying treat bag junk. Boys that age like to just play, rather than a lot of organized games. We have a huge bin of odd legos that we always put out at parties and that is always a hit. A short movie while eating pizza is great idea too. Maybe 30 minutes. Will they be able to get outside any? Some time playing outside is a great idea. Do you have a wii? Depending on the number of kids and their interactions, playing a TMNT game taking turns might be fun. It worked for us at DS TMNT party last year. Another hit for us was laying out paper and scented markers as a choice. We had some gross smelling ones and yes they loved that!!!:rolleyes1

Boy mom here, and one just turned 8. They like crafts that involve food so the cup cakes are perfect. Try to have weird, wild colors and sprinkles. Slime is also great!!!! If you have a nice container to send some home with each kid, there is your treat. Also letting them decorate two cup cakes and eating one and sending one home is also a way to eliminate buying treat bag junk. Boys that age like to just play, rather than a lot of organized games. We have a huge bin of odd legos that we always put out at parties and that is always a hit. A short movie while eating pizza is great idea too. Maybe 30 minutes. Will they be able to get outside any? Some time playing outside is a great idea. Do you have a wii? Depending on the number of kids and their interactions, playing a TMNT game taking turns might be fun. It worked for us at DS TMNT party last year. Another hit for us was laying out paper and scented markers as a choice. We had some gross smelling ones and yes they loved that!!!:rolleyes1

It's funny that you mention how they just like to play, because that's what my main plan is and, I have a big bucket of random Legos! There will be about 10 boys and the party/play date is from 5:00-8:00, so going outside won't be an option (too dark and too cold) and there will be too many kids to play video games.

Great idea about the wild colors for frosting. I have lots of food coloring, so I'll get some vanilla frosting and make several different colors!

Thank you!

You could make ninja turtle masks out of cardstock. Have a coloring table with coloring pages with ninja turtles, or give each child a coloring book with ninja turtles to take home, or just a large pile of blank paper.

Fill a jar with rice and a number of toys having to do with ninja turtles, or what ever you have on hand. You could do more than one jar and have them compete in teams. Have them write down what they see in the jar. Set a timer.

Scavenger hunt around the house (only certain rooms) looking for items or toys on a list.

Legos are always a hit. Put a fullsize flat sheet on the floor and dump the legos in the middle, easy clean up when they are done.

Have fun!

you could have white balloons with red streamers around them and inside a small prize. Have the kids fight shredder by having them pop the balloons with their feet.

Thanks for the ideas. The party was a success!

We had a big bucket of Legos, plus all of the usual toys in the playroom for the kids to use.

Instead of making slime, I bought a bunch of Model Magic. I didn't know if they'd like it, but it turned out to be a huge hit! They made some great stuff.

When it was time for cake, I gave them unfrosted cupcakes and a plastic cup with vanilla frosting in it. Then I gave them food coloring and showed them the chart on how to make different colors. Since they are 2nd grade boys, they made...black frosting. All of them. They thought it was fabulous!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter