OT: Bathing Suits with Underwire

tbrenk

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know of any stores/sites that carry bathing suits that have an underwire top? I need good support on top. I want a one piece or a tankin style with the shorts bottom

I don't mind spending the money for a good suit.

I bought a couple from lands end last summer and LOVE THEM!!! you should see a section for underwire in swimsuits. Good luck!

Kim

Check out Land's End. The have great suits, and choices for almost everyone, including underwire. If you don't like it once you get it, you can return it to a Sears store or send it back.

JC Penney and Lands End both ahve underwire suits. But don't discount suits without a wire. I've got two with shelf bras from Penney's that are every bit as supportive--and I bought them on sale at the end of teh season for $8 each!

Anne

I agree my lands end suits are definately my favorite. I need support too, however, the underwire suits do not usually fit me as i am more than well endowed and most underwires I have encountered seem to be made to fit a c cup. I have had good luck even with the soft cup bra from lands end. The fabric quality is great. Always check out the overstocks for some good deals. There are a few there right now with the swim short bottoms of the swimmini skirt/bottom

Roxanne.
Swimsuits by cup size

Miracle Suit
Good support

Neither of these are cheap.

(I used to sell swimwear for a living LOL!)

I just saw yesterday at MAcys- Calvin Klein has a few. They lookedreally nice. The one piece that I looked at was $124

LL Bean does have some in their new catalog. I have a Lands End one, and it is probably about a C cup. I also have a Land's end soft cup bra and had to make adjustments to the suit to get it to fit me up top, just because I'm narrow in the torso and the band was too big. The problems with being a "pear." :)

If you have a Loehmann's near you, they carry underwire bathing suits at very reasonable prices. Last year I got a Miraclesuit for $30.

Does anyone know of any stores/sites that carry bathing suits that have an underwire top? I need good support on top. I want a one piece or a tankin style with the shorts bottom

I don't mind spending the money for a good suit.

Victoria's Secret has really nice quality underwire/full coverage swimwear.

I can empathize with your situation, as I am a 38 DD (but otherwise wear a size 10/12). And well made swimwear that fits me appropriately is extremely difficult to find. VS carries tankini tops that come in sizes up to 38 DD, with the bottoms sold seperately. So you can purchase a top that fits, and a bottom that fits, each in the style/cut that you want (which often is not the case, when swimwear is sold as a 'set').

I also like to wear a mesh swim top over my tankini top. It helps me feel a bit less 'on display'.

tbrenk THANK YOU for asking that question I was thinking the same thing yesterday! The girls need a lil help!:lmao:

I can certainly sympathize! I always buy Victoria's Secret. I do the seperate thing as some have mentioned. D underwire cups and sm/med bottoms. I have always had good luck. I had a tankini last year as well. Loved it!! I too am well endowed, but a slim body - yes they are real!! LOL!!! :lmao: (Had to clarify- trust me I'd be willing to share some of them!) Swimsuit shopping - UGH!!! Hate it!!:sad2:

Another vote for Lands' End. I have two of their swimsuits and I love them! They fit me perfectly. One is underwire and looks new even though it was worn all last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter