OT-Anyone use(d) Proactive skin products?

I use Rapid Clear by Neutrogena. I have more Acne now in my 30's than I ever did in my teens. I use all of the Rapid Clear products and for me they are not Drying at all. And within 8 hours my skin is already starting to clear up. I love this stuff and it run about $5.89 a bottle and it will last for a couple of months.

http://www.neutrogena.com/ProductsDetails_258.asp
Face Lotion

http://www.neutrogena.com/ProductsDetails_181.asp
Acne Eliminating Gel

http://www.neutrogena.com/ProductsDetails_182.asp
Foaming Cleanser

rach2674 said:
OK, so I've been searching ebay looking for the 3 step program and it doesn't seem to go for less than they're charging on QVC or the proactiv website. Although probably once you add in shipping with those two it might be a little less. Anyone know what a good price would be for the set? Is it normally running around $50? And I'm talking about the regular size set...4 oz cleanser and toner and 2 oz repairing lotion...I think that's the right sizes.

Rachel

It is $41 and if you order from QVC or the actual web site they will give you a face mask as well. Shipping is about $5. I haven't found any good deals on ebay for this.

I love the mask- even though it smells like burning matches. I am wanting to try the make up next.

I use Proactiv, too! I never had acne when I was in high school, but at about age 27, my face was a mess. I decided to get this about a year ago, and it cleared up! I must say that it did get worse (a little) before it got better. When I started, I had seen a commercial for a 30 trial offer, that was smaller bottles (a 30 day supply) for $19.99. At least, you could try it without wasting $39.99 if you don't like it.... I just saw a commercial for the 30-day kit this weekend.

I have horrible acne and it doesn't work for me. I use a different product that actually works wonders for me. It's pricey but it's well worth it.

My daughter has had acne problems for years and tried several prescriptions that didn't work. Since I thought ProActive was too expensive, I purchased "AcneFree" from BJ's Wholesale Club. Her face cleared up quickly and she doesn't have any problems unless she gets lazy and doesn't use it for a few days. I think it costs around $30 dollars for three bottles of stuff. The routine is similar to ProActive.

I am in my late 30's and still have boughts of acne. I did use Proactive for a long time and when I hit the Plateau of it not being so effective, I found the Serious Skin Care line of Acne products that work very, very well for me. Again, it is a 3 step process that is great!

That being said, with both products when I started using them the acne got worse. Called the customer service line and they both said that it is common as it is the acnes last line of defense against the product you are using to get it under control. I continued to use the product and it did clear up a very short time later.

My DD is really starting to break out mostly on her forehead. She has very oily skin...just like DH's. I want to get her the Proactive kit, but do any of you think its worth it to also get a kit with the Daily Oil Control product? I've heard great results for their 3 step program, but not much on the other products.

I had clear skin as a teen then my 30's hit and it's been awful!! I haven't tried Proactive. I did find a great website.. http://www.acne.org

I now follow the clear skin regimen on there and it's worked wonders on my face!!!

I just got my Proactiv I won on ebay. I'm hoping it'll work for me. My question is, since it has benzol peroxide, does it bleach clothes, sheets, etc.? I'm putting it on my face tonight and I'm afraid it'll bleach my pillow. I'm going to put a towel down just in case, but didn't know if anyone's had experience with this happening.

Rachel

Yes!! Be very careful. The water with the ProActive would run down my arm and onto my clothes. I had spots on t-shirts and towels. I started to just use it in the morning in the shower, so I wouldn't worry about getting it on my clothes.

rach2674 said:
I just got my Proactiv I won on ebay. I'm hoping it'll work for me. My question is, since it has benzol peroxide, does it bleach clothes, sheets, etc.? I'm putting it on my face tonight and I'm afraid it'll bleach my pillow. I'm going to put a towel down just in case, but didn't know if anyone's had experience with this happening.

Rachel

I haven't had a problem with my sheets because by the time I go to bed my face is dry. I do have to be careful when I wash my face at night that the water doesn't drip onto my clothes, as I rinse my face, because that will cause spots. I usually put an old teeshirt on and then wash. I haven't had a problem in years.

LOL! My son just asked me the other day, "Mom, did you bleach my pillowcase?" I could not figure out why his pillowcase was bleached in spots because I knew I had not bleached a blue pillowcase. NOW I know why! It's from the benzol peroxide he puts on his face right before bed. Thanks for clearing that up for me!! :thumbsup2

I used to use Neutrogena, but stopped when I realized I was allergic to it. So I bought some ProActiv, and it works very well. I don't use the whole system the way it's supposed to be used; instead, I just put the repairing lotion on my pimples when I have them before I go to bed, and the next morning they're either gone or almost gone. The only thing is that when I use it after I haven't used it in awhile, my face gets itchy for a day. DON'T PUT IT NEAR YOUR EYES OR TOUCH YOUR EYES AFTER YOU APPLIED IT; I did this a few times and I woke up looking like I had pink eye! If you use it carefully, though, it works like a charm. I buy mine off of ebay for about $10.

Well, I did it! I received my first order about a week ago and started using it in the shower every morning. And the verdict is..... :thumbsup2

So far my face looks much clearer, even the few pimples I still have are less noticeable (not red anymore). I had a new one starting the other night so I put a dab of the repairing lotion on it and the next day it was nearly gone! I'm a believer :goodvibes

I tried it about 6 years ago and it didn't work any differently for me than Clearasil or Neutragina. I had oily skin and regulalry broke out (wasn't pretty). I was dissapointed in it and told my mom not to waste the money on it after about 6 months or so of daily use. One that I found better results with was either by Noxema or Neutragina, Clear Pore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter