Ot: Anyone Know How To Make Those Candy Corsages From The 1970's?

Thanks for the link. My dd is always looking for something to give to friends for their b-days. She might like these!!

Thanks to hrarcham & irishbosoxfan for the links. I think I'll make these for my niece's stockings. They should get a kick out of them. :thumbsup2

In Wisconsin we did these only for 16 and 18. 16 was sugar cubes and 18 was beer bottle tops.

(My kids are incredulous that there was a different age for legally drinking beer and hard alcohol).

Oh YEAH!! I remember them! They started being made when I was in elementary school- no real rhyme or reason to the items except person's favorite candy. It was a HUGE bow- with the streamers hanging down. When I got to High school it was all over your locker- a bunch of different bows stuck all over full of candy! Really was fun.
But now with all the healthy rules at schools I would bet ours would implode if my dd showed up with candy bows!!

From LI and went to an All girls high school!

We did this in my school too except we did it a little differantly. We cut out the b-day girls initial out of cardboard and covered it in tin foil and then glued candy and ribbons to it. This was LI also.

Yep, we did them too.

In fact, ages ago when my grandmother turned 80, I made her one... 80 lifesavers hung by curling ribbon onto a big bow. She didn't wear it but got a kick out of it :)

Oh YEAH!! I remember them! They started being made when I was in elementary school- no real rhyme or reason to the items except person's favorite candy. It was a HUGE bow- with the streamers hanging down. When I got to High school it was all over your locker- a bunch of different bows stuck all over full of candy! Really was fun.
But now with all the healthy rules at schools I would bet ours would implode if my dd showed up with candy bows!!

From LI and went to an All girls high school!

I bet I taught at that same all girls HS. Was it across from A&S??

We did this in my school too except we did it a little differantly. We cut out the b-day girls initial out of cardboard and covered it in tin foil and then glued candy and ribbons to it. This was LI also.

OH YEAH I forgot about that - we did it that way in elementary school.

I'm east coast too (grrew up in Queens, NY) and I remember these. When i turned 16 I had 6 of them given to me! I haven't seen them in years. I will check around the house to see if I have a picture of me wearing one.

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2
I grew up here in Brooklyn and we always had them.

We never made them ourselves. We would buy them from a small card shop.

They were like the corsages (not the wrist corsages) you would wear to a prom, but just with the birthday items added.

I remember these - all the popular girls got them. Since I was not popular I never got one!

In Wisconsin we did these only for 16 and 18. 16 was sugar cubes and 18 was beer bottle tops.

(My kids are incredulous that there was a different age for legally drinking beer and hard alcohol).

Hmm, I wonder what happened to the beer bottles themselves? :rolleyes1

What do you use for age 8?

Is there a full list somewhere?

What a blast from the past!!! My mom would get us one every year! I remember 1 had peanuts on it,tootsie rolls, lifesavers,bazooka gum- I have no idea what they meant,but they were fun to get every year!

I so remember these and I am also from Long Island!!! Waving to Java......

Anyway, I loved getting them as I grew up each every year on my birthday. Such wonderful memories.

What a blast from the past!!! My mom would get us one every year! I remember 1 had peanuts on it,tootsie rolls, lifesavers,bazooka gum- I have no idea what they meant,but they were fun to get every year!

Yes-That's what I remember- They were out of satin ribbon an you might have a few tails. I remember I got one that was Royal blue and another one that was yellow. They were fun to wear. I grew up in Hampton Bays(at the time a small town on LI)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter