OT - anyone have experience with Amazon claim??

Mom2Ben02

<font color=red>Our little souvenir from WDW was b
I am soooo angry right now!!

We are doing a bug theme for my DS's bday party in a few weeks. I found these http://www.amazon.com/Insect-Lore-737-Little-Locket/dp/B000K2CKN8 that lookd cute for a favor. Found them on Amazon as this listing:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=057XBCBSYAD46GCB2ZB0

which, from what I understand, is for 24 of them. Everywhere else online is between $1 and $4 for a single locket. One is .3 oz, and the listing for 24 said the shipping weight was 3.6 lbs. So I ordered 2 sets of 24. Any guesses what I received? YEP - two single lockets!!!

The company is no help - they are stating I misunderstood the listing. I filed a claim with Amazon. I am so angry right now.

Does anyone have experience with Amazon claims? I hope this will not be a long process - I need this money back in order to buy different favors now. I am so ticked, too, as my son was very excited about these. :mad:

The title reads:
Insect Lore Ilp7370 Little Bug Locket 1 Each Order 24 & Receive Free Display

It's poorly puctuated but I take it to mean:
Insect Lore Ilp7370 Little Bug Locket (1 Each).
Order 24 & Receive Free Display

In other words, the listing is for single toys. But if you were to order 24 of them, you would also receive a free display rack or card.

However, the difference in the listed weight of the item does support your interpretation of the title. The proper thing would be for the merchant to do would be to refund your money upon return of the items.

I've never had an issue with a 3rd party seller on Amazon. But I tend to shy away from them because I don't want to deal with Amazon as a middleman if I do have issues.

Good luck, OP. I hope you get some sort of satisfaction from them.

I received a damaged item from Amazon once and they were totally great about paying for the return shipping and sending out a new item. UPS was at our door the next day to collect the damaged item. It was super easy. I didn't ask for a refund though so I'm not sure if that would have been stickier. It looks like the "write up" is confusing for your item so it seems like Amazon would be helpful acting as the agent between you and the seller. Good luck!

The title reads:
Insect Lore Ilp7370 Little Bug Locket 1 Each Order 24 & Receive Free Display

It's poorly puctuated but I take it to mean:
Insect Lore Ilp7370 Little Bug Locket (1 Each).
Order 24 & Receive Free Display

In other words, the listing is for single toys. But if you were to order 24 of them, you would also receive a free display rack or card.

However, the difference in the listed weight of the item does support your interpretation of the title. The proper thing would be for the merchant to do would be to refund your money upon return of the items.

I've never had an issue with a 3rd party seller on Amazon. But I tend to shy away from them because I don't want to deal with Amazon as a middleman if I do have issues.

Good luck, OP. I hope you get some sort of satisfaction from them.

Yes, after reading the listing, I take it the same way (if you order 24 they will throw in a free display).

I haven't ever had to put a claim in through Amazon, but 99.9% of the time, I order directly through Amazon and not with a 3rd Party Seller advertising on their site.

Good luck.

I once bought a “cape costume” and only got the cape. Like in your case, the pricing was well above the “cape only” price by other sellers and was more in line with the full costume price. The merchant wanted me to pay return shipping and to take a 40% restocking fee as stated in their return policy. Since I felt the listing was misrepresenting the product, I filed an A to Z claim with Amazon. They gave me a full refund. The merchant never asked for the cape back.

Thanks for all the replies! I did get another email from the seller, and they are refunding my money. Now, I need to find favors - ack!!

I was going to add that I had good response from amazon when a box of books went missing; it eventually showed up, I had duplicates, and they said no worries. Very good service. I'm glad it all worked out for you :).

There are a couple of pages of "bug" themed favors at Oriental trading Co. Sometimes they have good shipping deals, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter