OT: Anyone have a waterslide??

tyboyz

Mouseketeer
Sorry about the off topic questions but this is the most knowledge group I have found!!!

Does anyone have one of those waterslides for their backyard?? We usually rent one for our big summer party but it costs as much as the ones they now have in toysrus so we are considering buying one.

Are there any other brands besides the Banzai ones. The splash pools on these seem too short so I am worried someone will get hurt.

Love or hate them?? Susccess stories and well as horror stories welcome!!
Thanks again!!

not so good review on the Banzaii. we bought it last may for the kids. I kept it dry in a huge rubbermaid box when it wasnt in use. dried it out and rolled it up. well this past april we took it out for a party and noticed that it was sinking quite a bit at the bottom without much water in it. This progressed over the months and dh looked it over and over- well he found that the bladder underneather is all dry rotted out.. :sad2: I called and of course emailed my complaints- got nowhere. was told sorry unless you bought a warranty there isnt a thing we can do. I had no idea there was even a warranty for this slide. I went to TRU and all that was listed was a number to call for information on the slide. It took my a whole week to even get through to that number listed. I did some research afterwards online and noticed that others had the same complaint about the slide- that it only lasts one season. The kids did love it- we had some great times with it but to only last one year- its just too pricey for me.. Of course I cannot find anyone else that makes them besides Banzaii..

We just bought one and brought it to a party where it got used a lot. The splash pool did tend to be a little short especially for the older kids who were a little more wild on it. We actually put a small inflatable pool at the end for overflow.

Some friends of our had theirs last year and it still works great this year. We decided to go that route as we didn't have a great sunny spot to set up a pool and keeping the pool clean was a pain, so we opted for this route. So far the kids love it!

I forgot to ask about older kids. When you say older kids what age group so you mean. Also I have been told that some "older" kids fly out onto the ground, does the extra blow up you use help with this so no one gets hurt??

Thanks again!!!

We bought the Six Flags one at Walmart at the beginning of summer, we paid around $250 for it. Aldi's was selling the same exact one the following week for around $230 (and they sold out of them quickly around here). My 5 and 7 year olds are tiny (38 and 48 pouinds each). Their friends in the neighborhood play on it alot. I hate it when the friends' older siblings come over and go on it. Dh allows it and I don't. I don't mind the little ones, but the big teenagers are too wild on it and there is a weight limit.

Anyway, ours has held up great. We don't have any problems with the little kids flying off the end of the pool, but the big kids do. If the big kids go down the slide "gently" then there isn't a problem, but the big kids all seem to want to go crazy on it rather quickly.

HTH

Mary

I think the weight limit on the Banzaii was 200lbs. dh and I went down it a few times if I recall. the kids enjoyed the splash area at the bottom too. granted mine are tiny so it wasnt a issue when another slid down.. it will kill your grass if left out too long. dh hated that part of it. we would always dry and dry it out and roll it up or move it so it wouldnt..

tyboyz said:
I forgot to ask about older kids. When you say older kids what age group so you mean. Also I have been told that some "older" kids fly out onto the ground, does the extra blow up you use help with this so no one gets hurt??

Thanks again!!!

My kids are 8 and 5. The older ones I was referring to were 12. They just have a tendency to get wild. The pool at the end did help and ease my mind a little, but you just have to watch the older kids especially and control them from getting too crazy.

I had one when I was kid and I got hurt bad I slid on the grass on to a bone sliceing the entire palm of my hand. It was bad I was screaming picking out leaves running to my mom. Still have the scar :listen:

We have the larger Banzai one (weight limit 400lbs). My kids are 7 and 11 (and 1, but he doesn't get to use it ;) ). We got it in May and quite frankly, they are bored with it already, have been for weeks. I went in with my sil (she lives down the street) and her kids are 7, 9, 11 and they haven't been on it either in weeks. The big kids did not go flying off it on the end, not once and the 2 11 year olds are over 5 feet tall. It does seem to be pulling at the seams and letting air out. I think it's from too many kids on it at once. Some on the slide part while some on the ladder part. I warned them. I wish I would have gotten an easy set pool thingy instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter