OT - Anyone have a Jeep Liberty

I LOVE my Liberty Sport. I have a 2003 and have not had any major problems. I took it in for regular service and told them my car jittered when I pressed on the brake. They fixed it but caused it to jump as it stopped. This was a computer problem.

The only real complaint I have is that opening the driver door can be a pain in the butt. It will often close on me when I try to push it all the way open. I have heard that this is normal with the Liberty and have known people not to buy one because of it. It is a strange quirk.

It is great in the snow and I never feel nervous driving in ANY condition.

HTH
Jess

mannasn said:
I have an '04 Liberty sport that I won in a sweepstakes a couple of years ago. LOVE the thing.. No problems with it at all.

I'm another one of those who is looking forward to when the kids are older so that I can trade in on a Wrangler though! (I've wanted a Jeep since before I got my driver's license! LOL)

DH works for Daimler Chrysler, I don't know all the details but saw on the employee website Jeep is coming out with a four door Wrangler. I saw a picture it looks like the original but is bigger. Keep an eye out for it, maybe it is alittle more family friendly.

I can officially say that I own a Jeep Liberty now! DH took the check to the dealership this morning to finalize the deal on our new one - well new to us.

We have a 2002 Limited. :thumbsup2

So far, so good! My kids love the hidden Mickey.

Congratulations ClarabelleCowFan! :thumbsup2

DH and I have had 8 Jeeps between us, all makes and models with the exception of the new Commander (my brother, the Ford mechanic, was not too happy at first, LOL). We both have long commutes to work in the snow and our Jeeps have never let us down. We've gone to near 200K with most of them without any major problems. I currently have a 2004 Liberty Limited and I love it.

I would have to say that to me, the Liberty feel is a cross between a Wrangler and a Grand Cherokee. Ride is kind of stiff and bumpy like the Wrangler, definitely not as smooth as the Grand Cherokee. But I actually like that "Jeep feel". :goodvibes For me there is plenty of room for the 4 of us, sometimes 5 if my mother comes with us, and we also often have our German Shepherd in the back, too. My rear window opens with no interference from the tire. :confused:

I love the Hidden Mickey, the black carpeting and console that I have along with the tan leather, sunroof, and heated seats. When I bought it they even threw in a free installed DVD player and a remote starter so I'm all set. One thing I like about this that I didn't with the Chrysler minivan I had right before it, is that it doesn't accumulate a lot of "stuff" because the space must be used efficiently so I keep it neat. Gas mileage is about the same as in the minivan and the Grand Cherokee V6, as well as the Explorer pickup that my DH now has. Good luck with your purchase.

I drive an 05 Liberty Limited. Hubby suprised me with it last year :love:. I haven't had any problems with it at all. It's cute and fun and gets good gas mileage. I also have a 2000 Grand Cherokee V8. Now that thing sucks the gas. I do have to say though that I prefer a little bigger feel so the GC is my preference. I probably wouldn't buy another one though because they went and changed the body style, it's a little lower profile and it drives a lot like a car. I'm an SUV girl so now I really don't care for them. Someday when I grow up, I want an Escalade. The H3's are pretty cute too! Oh and I ADORE my hidden Mickey. Funny how it's the first thing we all noticed as soon as we got in!

As my DH says "It's a Jeep thing". I guess they really get in your blood so something. I have been trying to convince him to consider getting rid of his 95 Jeep Wrangler softop. Forget it. He does like the look of the liberty but I doubt he will get rid of the wrangler.

I have an '04 Liberty. It is only 2WD so it's really bad on traction, I skid everywhere I highly recommend 4WD if you're getting this vehicle. However, with gas prices currently as high as they are, I'm going through a tank of gas in 3 days (long commute to work 70 miles round trip).

True, I couldn't see having a Jeep without 4WD, its really part of what makes them special. I don't know what other models have, but in mine you can shift between 2WD (regular driving, better on gas than AWD), Part Time 4WD (deep snow or beach sand :thumbsup2 ), Full Time 4WD (slick pavement) and 4Low (stuck or pulling). It's a nice feature. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter