• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OT- Another Ebay ?- Help with listing

djh96

Mouseketeer
I have a couple dozen t shirts of various sizes to sell on Ebay. After looking at several different listings of similar shirts, I listed mine & had been selling them for several weeks. Yesterday, Ebay pulled my auctions & said I couldn't offer a choice of size. Okay, even though I see many other auctions doing the same thing. I understand they want their listing fee.

My question is: Can I put up a specific size & in the description offer other sizes? If someone would like another size, offer to start an auction for that specific size.

I see people doing this but want to make sure that this is Ebay legal. I don't want to have more auctions pulled & jeopardize my account. Their description of listings isn't very clear.

Thanks for any help:goodvibes

I believe (not positive) you can offer to put up another auction but I read the fine print on ebay. I am not sure you are allowed to state in the auction itself the other sizes. As in S, M and L available or something like that. I think you can say other sizes available, email me for a auction listing or something like that. Not even positive on that.

I'll Have to keep looking for the fine print:thumbsup2

Thanks, It just irritates me that I see so many other people with similar listings as mine that haven't been pulled.

I don't see what the problem would be with mentioning "other sizes available". Is this a multiple quantity listing? If so, don't specify a size at all and let your customers inquire about size. Then you can offer them whatever you want.

I'm not sure either, as long as you are only selling 1 shirt per listing, or having them pay for more than using 'multiple items' or something it should be fine. Maybe they thought you had it worded so you would add additional shirts up on request, therefor bypassing fees? :confused3

I'm only selling 1 shirt per listing in a buy it now. My understanding is that I have to list each size in it's own specific auction., but this could be rather expensive to list.

If you have a lot of shirts, maybe opening an ebay store would make more sense. It only cost 6 cents per month to list an item in the store (as long as it's under $24.99. Then you could list one shirt over to core, and say "check out my ebay store for more sizes and styles".

If you have a lot of shirts, maybe opening an ebay store would make more sense. It only cost 6 cents per month to list an item in the store (as long as it's under $24.99. Then you could list one shirt over to core, and say "check out my ebay store for more sizes and styles".

That sounds like an ideal solution.

that is what I do with my different styles of towels and swimsuits or what not! Halloween costumes. I feel it is well worth it for me!

I actually never thought of listing all sizes together in one auction, although I had thought of it for custom overalls and saw where I couldn't due to a problem someone else had on the dis.

I'm only selling 1 shirt per listing in a buy it now. My understanding is that I have to list each size in it's own specific auction., but this could be rather expensive to list.

Bingo. Ebay wants you to pay those exorbitant fees for each auction.

Open a store and list your inventory in there BUT make sure to also run auctions with your most popular sizes to draw attention and traffic to your store.

Good luck!

Thanks:thumbsup2 That's a great idea! I didn't realize it was that inexpensive to have a store.:goodvibes

Thanks:thumbsup2 That's a great idea! I didn't realize it was that inexpensive to have a store.:goodvibes

A store may not be for me. It costs $15.95/month & the selling fee is 10% compared to 5%. Hmm..but listing is less. Guess I'll be running some #'s. I don't really have that much to sell.

Thanks for the idea:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter