ostrich eggs

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by mickey 105, Apr 24, 2011.

1. mickey 105

mickey 105 Earning My Ears

Does anyone know of a restruant that serves Ostriches eggs on the menu at Walt Disney World, since they do have several ostriches around. :happytv::rotfl2::worship::3dglasses:wizard::scared1::woohoo:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Mrsjvb

Mrsjvb DIS Veteran

considering the size of them suckers.. IF anyone did I would have to say one of the TS at AKL. it would fit in with the theming. I have only done dinner there( and only Jiko at that) but I assume somebody has a sit down brekkie there.. maybe the Buffet?

4. chartle

chartle DIS Veteran

I don't know how to tell you this, but the eggs on Kilimanjaro Safari are fake. ;)

5. moniqueelaine

moniqueelaine Mouseketeer

LOL fake eggs :rotfl2: and they are so that hahahahahhaha GOOD ONE

6. 3pletprincesses

3pletprincesses DIS Veteran

I doubt you will ever see that on a menu as it's the equivalent of either 1 or 2 dozen of chicken eggs.

7. chartle

chartle DIS Veteran

Also I think I heard they a bit gamey.

8. cbg1027

cbg1027 Florida Girl

No ostrich eggs, but I've seen Ostrich tenderloin served at Jiko and Cali Grill. :thumbsup2

9. OhThePain

OhThePain DIS Veteran

Not since there was a falling out between Disney and the distributer (from what I heard, maybe over price). Ostrich hasn't been on the CG menu in about a year and it hasn't been on Jikos menu in months. I never got to try the ostrich at CG but that ostrich app at Jiko was amazing.

10. Mrsjvb

Mrsjvb DIS Veteran

I have. it was a one egg omelet. it was also meant to serve 4 people. came with 4 sides..2 meat and 2 starch. we had ours with cheese and mushrooms. came with 4 biscuits, a big huge plate of home fries, 6 or eight slices of bacon and 6 sausage links.

it was also NOT in a restaurant in the US.

11. Mrsjvb

Mrsjvb DIS Veteran

ehh, not really. no more gamey than any other farm raised 'game' anyway. sure they don't taste exactly like a chicken egg. but then again despite the claim, ostrich doesn't really taste like chicken either...

12. Sgt Tibbs

Sgt Tibbs Mouseketeer

The only place I've seen them served was in the old Tarzan movies they have been showing on TCM this month.