Osborne lights last year?

SEC71

Mouseketeer
Is the 2013 to early 2014 going to be the last year for the Osborne lights?

Is the 2013 to early 2014 going to be the last year for the Osborne lights?

There has been some speculation that this might be the case since that part of the park would be needed for new additions to the park, Star Wars for example. At this point it is only speculation and rumor, nothing confirmed.

Removing the Osborne Lights would be a HUGH mistake IMHO. This event helps set the tone for the Holidays. A very colorful, exciting place to be in a park that really doesn't do much else for me. :confused3

I've read that a few places as well. Happy to say we will be there to se it but hate to think it may be gone.
The reason I read was breaking ground for Cars Land?

Disney has not officially announced any removal or replacement at the Streets of America.

Rumors have been flying about lands based on Cars or Star Wars somewhere within DHS, but, so far, it's business-as-usual at the park.

Even if one (or both) of these rumors eventually turn out be true, it would surprise me if construction begins before 2015 or 2016.

Disney is now finishing the Fantasyland expansion at the Magic Kingdom. In 2014, Disney will begin construction the Avatar-themed land at Animal Kingdom, which was announced in 2011.

The Osborne Christmas lights are very popular and I doubt they would stop the display. That area of Hollywood studios has changed over the years and they have moved the display around. I remember before Lights! Motors! Action! when they were on the back lot and not even on the Streets of America. They did not even dance. Everyone was so upset it moved to Streets of America.

They will probably just move it to a different area of the park when they start working on the new Star Wars Land.

That did get me wondering. Where in the Park would be the best area to move the Osborne Lights display to?

They have renewed the contract for them to stay for next year. That doesn't leave out a possible relocation of the lights tho that kind of show is not difficult to relocate.

I think they should just expand back out the park IMHO, park seems small as it is , why not just bring down LMA, and build back from there, opening up new jobs

I think they should just expand back out the park IMHO, park seems small as it is , why not just bring down LMA, and build back from there, opening up new jobs
The last thing Disney is concerned about is opening new jobs. They can't find the cm's to fill all the positions they have now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter